Great work just remember you're there to teach not Enlighten ;)

Great work just remember you're there to teach not Enlighten ;)

Originally shared by Nicolas Broquet

Ingress Enlightened Agent Nic0w reporting from Kpalimé, Togo :

I'm currently in Togo for an humanitarian mission which is about helping people to learn French language and give them some knowledge about how they can preserve their fruits and vegetables. I couldn't help myself and I finally bought a local SIM card with 3G connection in order to bring Ingress to this wonderful country!

For those interested in my journey, please visit my blog (written in French) :
http://nicotogo.blogspot.com/

Ingress and NIA Ops : it would be really great if the #PortalGem I submitted are accepted quite fast so I can make a control field over the city and better succeed at enlightening the people here :)
Also it would be the first portals and the first control field in this country!

Thank you in advance :)

Matilde Tusberti Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose Joe Philley Brandon Badger John Hanke Niantic Project #IngressReport








Comments

  1. Yeah, Togo needs games.  Not things like, ya know, food and clean water.   #priorities1st

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Witkowski I don't see you going out to a third world providing education to people who need it. You didn't read anything did you? That's his priority what's yours? He's just wanting to have some fun on the side while doing something worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abilio Henrique Our family supports a family in Togo, and has done so for years. We also supported the original mission which set up the school that the children of our sponsored family attend.

    I'm well aware of the situation in Togo and the challenges they face. I think it's great that Nicolas is investing time for worthwhile causes in Togo. My comment was intended to call attention to the poverty situation in the country. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe Philley Thanks for the reshare! I believe that teaching useful things to people that need it the most is well within the definition of my faction, the Enlightened.
    That said, as David Witkowski put it, priorities first. I'm here in Togo for that humanitarian mission before anything else. To be honest, at first I didn't even think I could have Internet and I was very surprised when I discovered that I could in fact get a cheap unlimited 3G connection (with very good quality and coverage so far) for the time of my stay. It also appears that Togo has some wonderful buildings and art that qualify to be Ingress portals. So I thought : "hey, why not!?" and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicolas Broquet I think what you're doing is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog