Is there an ulterior motive behind #ingress ? According to "a Niantic developer," there is not.
Originally shared by Kelly Kolton
Is there an ulterior motive behind #ingress ? According to "a Niantic developer," there is not.
Brian Rose Joe Philley Archit Bhargava John Hanke Ingress
#ingress #niantic #nianticlabs
http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/415292/what-google-getting-out-ingress
Is there an ulterior motive behind #ingress ? According to "a Niantic developer," there is not.
Brian Rose Joe Philley Archit Bhargava John Hanke Ingress
#ingress #niantic #nianticlabs
http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/415292/what-google-getting-out-ingress
Ulterior would mean something beyond the obvious, right?
ReplyDeleteThere's so many obvious data points from geolocation data to real time server performance that it's funny anyone would look for ulterior motive. Of course unless they use password1 and think anything I just said is an ulterior motive.
I knew they use the data for obvious stuff like Field Trip, but I never even considered the path that pedestrians take from point A to point B. That's really cool, actually.
ReplyDeleteFunny that the picture in the article is from many versions back.
ReplyDeleteWe don't mind Google using the data as long as we had fun from Ingress
ReplyDelete