Now this is a good #Ingressstory

Now this is a good #Ingressstory
Originally shared by Jason McHenry (ʎzɐɹɔʇuǝʍuosɐɾ)
One of your recent posts, Joe Philley, reminded me of a pretty cool Ingress road trip story that came full circle just today.
A week or so we went on a little mini-vacation to [REDACTED] to meet up with a fellow Enlightened agent for [REDACTED] purposes. We met in a place where camping was permitted and as we were finishing up a few RVs pulled up. They were tourists from Germany who were traveling across the US and wanted to camp for the night. The campground had a self-serve pay station for the fees but it took cash only and they didn't have any/enough. All told they needed around $60 or so and it was already pretty late at night.
I insisted that they let me loan them the money and that it was no problem and that they could pay me back when they had the chance. After a long time of trying to explain that it was something I was happy to do they finally accepted. I left them with my address and contact info and as we were leaving they stopped us to gift us with some German chocolate.
And just today I got an envelope in the mail with the $60 inside.
Not entirely an Ingress road trip story but meeting a fellow agent for the first time in some strange location in the middle of the night is entirely Ingress. The other part about the Germans is just something extra-cool that happens along the way.
#Ingressroadtrips
Ingress = the game of good people
ReplyDeleteDidn't recruit them? I would have asked for Euros back!
ReplyDelete