#portalgem ?? what do you guys think ?
#portalgem ?? what do you guys think ?
Originally shared by James Thirteen
This one is the Geographical South Pole.
I submitted it back in December and have not had it approved yet.
The problem I had was getting it in the correct location on the map sense the entire bottom edge of the map is the south pole. I gave the recommendation that it be put at -90.0000,0.0000 in the Ingress Google+ page in Portal Submissions.

Originally shared by James Thirteen
This one is the Geographical South Pole.
I submitted it back in December and have not had it approved yet.
The problem I had was getting it in the correct location on the map sense the entire bottom edge of the map is the south pole. I gave the recommendation that it be put at -90.0000,0.0000 in the Ingress Google+ page in Portal Submissions.
I thought GPS didn't work at the poles?
ReplyDeleteI know cellular service is unavailable and wifi is only for official use so claiming this portal is impossible.
ReplyDeleteEven if it doesnt. I'd go #portalgem
ReplyDeleteMap projection also makes it difficult to find these.
ReplyDeleteIs so is linking from north to south Pole creating a field? And does it cover 0 or all MU?
ReplyDeleteCan a link go that far? even with VRLAs?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Neil Amstrong's flag.
ReplyDeleteAre you using the same photo studio?
#greenwithEnvy
James Thirteen I would prefer to personally check. Would you provide proper support? :)
ReplyDeleteDo it! Make it a portal! If your hardcore enough to make that trek, you deserve it! ...What Would Jarvis Do?
ReplyDeleteDan Boabes He posted a whole bunch of pictures and stories when he did his trip there. He's just following up.
ReplyDelete:) ok, I will do just that
ReplyDeleteJames Thirteen, network access is only half the problem - you need network location support, like GPS....
ReplyDeleteHow can it not be a #portalgem ? DO IT!!!
ReplyDeletePretty good bet for a guardian portal
ReplyDeleteWould attract hackers like no other portal I suspect, but a good portal nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteJames Thirteen I was just teasing you, although using NASA's photo studio would be also an interesting achievement :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a good job!
We guys think that you guys should start working on those portal submits... Or get rid of the badge! This is getting ridiculous. Hasn't been this bad since the start (back in November 2012). Agents from all over are complaining Joe Philley
ReplyDeleteYou used a PC Android Simulator and openly admit it here? Well it should not only NOT be allowed and that should give you a warning to STOP violating the TOS.
ReplyDeleteOn the friendly side great photo and hope you enjoyed your memories of such an adventure.
James Thirteen While that may be true not all agents who end up getting this key would end up being spoofer bait. There is always the instance that the keys could be found if they are dropped by other agents.
ReplyDeleteFor instance sometimes in areas such as NYC you might find keys on the ground going to places such as Russia. There is always an instance of that possibility.
NIA Ops may be backed up for a while.
ReplyDeleteall rez deployments need to be N
ReplyDeleteSomeone wants a guardian
ReplyDeleteFor those that dont know, there is a limit on distance to charge a portal.
ReplyDeleteIridium network satellite data.
ReplyDeleteYes yes yes
ReplyDeleteAlthough (as mentioned on the original post comments, but repeating here for others to see) I suspect it was rejected as Google Maps, and probably Ingress itself, can't support coordinates beyond ~85deg N/S due to the map projection, rather than not being a good portal - https://www.google.com/maps/@-85,0,3z
ReplyDelete#portalworthy #portalgem
ReplyDeleteLucius Kalendarius were you not paying attention? #portalcheat
ReplyDelete