You had me at road trip!

You had me at road trip!

Originally shared by Samantha Graham

AAR for #TrueBlue Roadtrip
Agents @Stego and @deusrex (Andrew Mancini)

26 April
1630h UTC: Packed our bags, packed the car and loaded up the dogs and set on our way to Maryland.

2200h UTC: While 1 exit away from the hotel, received a call from the hotel that they were overbooked and asked if I needed the particular kind of room that was booked. When I answered no, they offered us a free upgrade to a suite. :)

2230h UTC: Arrived at our hotel in Rockville, MD.

2300h UTC: met the amazing Ruth Shepherd and Amanda Day and set off for dinner at the Red, Hot and Blue.

27 April
0130h UTC: The beginning of an 7 hour long adventure for UPVs across the DC metro area. Areas included: Manassas, VA; Fairfax, VA; Falls Church, VA; Arlington, VA; and Georgetown, D.C.

0615h UTC: Began Operation Farm Flip 2.0 in Falls Church, VA. I and Andrew (@deusrex) decided it would be a great use of ADA to just go ahead and flip a portion of the farm. ~45 ADA and who knows how many XMPs later the farm went from EP8s to RP8s and RP7s for the local RES to enjoy. We even got a comms call out from a local ENL Agent (picture included).

0815h UTC: Destroyed an ENL farm at Georgetown. The effect of the portal density on the scanners during this takedown was atrocious. The animation on my scanner froze many times! (pics included)

0900h UTC: Arrived back at the hotel to catch a few winks before breakfast.

1115h UTC: Packed up the car, checked out of the hotel and headed to the Mountain View Diner in Frederick, MD. Heck, the diner even had a Founders Badge on the placemat!

1330h UTC: Driving & walking tour of Frederick, MD portals.

1500h UTC: Arrived at Gettysburg for Operation #TrueBlue (official AAR to follow). The weather was great, so the dogs walked with us during the op. Here I met more Agents than I could possibly list… so I won’t even begin to try!

2130h UTC: Kevin Hagan took us on a driving portal tour of a large portion of Gettysburg.

2230h UTC: Depart Gettysburg and head home.

28 April
0430h UTC: Finally arrived home.

This was a wonderful trip, and I was able to add 558 UPVs (this weekend wasn’t my first trip to Gettysburg!). I also received some awesome swag! Thank you, Ingress for taking me to new places and giving me great friends.

#ResistanceStrong #ResistanceFamily #Audrey #Gettysburg #TrueBlue #IngressRoadTrips

Joe Philley Brandon Badger














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title