"But what I found has turned out to be so much more than "some game".

"But what I found has turned out to be so much more than "some game". I've joined a community that contains some of the most amazing people I've had the privilege to meet"

Originally shared by Wendy Werthmann (overkast)

Today is my Ingress-iversary. One year ago today, Michelle Hudock finally wore me down and convinced me to install what I was sure would just be a waste of perfectly good storage space on my phone. I'm not a gamer... Never have been, never plan to be.

But what I found has turned out to be so much more than "some game". I've joined a community that contains some of the most amazing people I've had the privilege to meet.

No matter where I travel, I'm never a stranger, there's always someone from my frog family (or one of those horrible smurfy-types 😉) to greet me and offer assistance.

I've learned more about my home state in the past year than I ever did in History class, and I've discovered a side of myself I never knew existed.

So, thank you Ingress, Joe Philley Brandon Badger John Hanke Brian Rose for creating a wonderful platform to reconnect with the outside world and allowing us to remember what "community" actually means. And thank you to all my wonderful friends in the Metro Detroit Enlightened Community who've allowed me to become a part of your lives, and becoming such a wonderful part of mine.

Happy birthday to me! 

Comments

  1. Ingress is not a game. It is so much more. The world is not what it seems--this logic applies to Ingress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich Flores what do I do with these busters? What do you mean I have to go someplace??

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite comm sequence:
    8:01am: [Secure] NewPlayer completed training.
    8:02am Newplayer: "How do I move? There aren't arrows on here anywhere?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "is the system down? No matter what I do, I can't seem to scroll to another location" - personal favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm does anyone know of a sure fire way to verify your first day of playing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks