Reposting to keep visibility up.


Reposting to keep visibility up. We're at 25% sold now. That means the patches and supplies are covered, but not all of the shipping. Each patch sold takes us that much closer to the total goal of 1000 patches, generating proceeds of over $3500 to go to a headstone and to the camp. Please help out!

Originally shared by Ryanne Jones

Fundraiser Patch Sale!

A fellow Ingress agent, Jeffrey Sanders, had a son named Jason who passed away a few years back. Jeff has asked for donations in Jason's name to go to Lazy Days Camp, a camp for kids with disabilities - but has never had the money to buy a headstone for Jason's grave. This year, the nametag has gone missing, too. So, we're all going to show how awesome the Ingress community can be, and raise the money for a headstone. 

These patches are a special run, and limited to 1000. They won't be made again, so this is your only chance. They are $5 each for patch and shipping inside the US, and $7 each for addresses outside the US. There will not be a discount for bulk orders, since this is a fundraiser. As soon as I reach 1000 ordered, I will close down the form. You can fill it out at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pP7DAsPk7o9UejZT0tlFhsYnglr8wwGtCvzRKA5khaA/viewform

Payment can be made via Wallet or Paypal to ryanne@gmail.com 
I will send a confirmation. If you need to, you can use a debit or credit. let me know, and I'll send you an invoice, but you will need to pay the extra fees for it. 
Any proceeds left over after the headstone is purchased and installed will be donated to the Lazy Days Camp in Jason's name. If you don't want a patch, but do want to donate, please see this post: https://plus.google.com/+NikolasMoore/posts/H7ZnAgfGry8 

http://www.tributes.com/show/Jason-P.-Sanders-87003698

** and the fine print: Those of you I offered free shipping on for the next patch order... this one doesn't count. It's a fundraiser. You can have free shipping on the NEXT order. :P

Comments

  1. I filled out the form and never heard anything back. Not going to send money without some sort of acknowledgement of my order

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shantel Dodson I filled out the form last week, and sent my $ to ryanne@gmail.com through PayPal. That's the correct email address if you're using PayPal. I will post a link to her G+ post staying this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel Johanning I've seen the email address but maybe the person taking the orders should at least email the people from the list and say hey.. I received your request for a badge so people know what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shantel Dodson Understandable. I assumed that the one person handling this portion of the charitable function is probably very busy, and hadn't had the time to reply to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel Johanning I'm sure they are pretty busy. If I get some sort of response saying they received my request then I'll send my money. Good cause or not I'm not just going to send money to someone if I don't even know if my order has been taken/went through. For all I know when I placed my order I was number 1001. Just saying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shantel Dodson Not to beat a dead horse about this, but when you purchase stuff online, doesn't a payment usually need to be made before getting an order confirmation? I got my confirmation email from RyAnne after purchasing the patch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any other thing I've bought online has always sent me a confirmation and a link for payment. And anything else I buy online isn't from some random person. It's from somewhere like amazon. There is a record of my order. It's been added to a cart etc. I've purchased other ingress related items and every one of them sent me an email saying thanks for your order, here is a link for payment information. Not just filling out a form on Google and then not hearing anything back. "Here random person, I don't even know if you got my request or if I even ordered early enough that you still have some of the limited items left that you're selling but here's some money"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shantel Dodson - Maybe you should try to follow your tagline. This isn't Amazon and the task of responding to hundreds of emails takes time. I ordered and sent my money and did received a prompt reply back as to the process they were going to follow. I have gotten less when ordering Ingress items for anomalies, but this is a community, not a corporation, so it never concerned me I wouldn't get what was ordered. 

    Thank you RyAnne Fultz and Nikolas Moore for your efforts in helping a family recognize their child! I am glad I could help, even in such a small way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Randy Donaldson so you're saying I'm a douche because I want confirmation before I send money over the internet to some random person? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got an email from Ryanne with the balance due and her email address. I was waiting for one similar to Shantel Dodson and it eventually came. Ryanne is quite busy and scrolling through her posts from the last badge order tells me it's a very labor intensive process without commercial vending processes in place to handle all the details. She'll get to it. We trust her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. David Timothy I agree I'm sure she's busy. I made a comment stating that I was concerned with order and somehow it gets blown up into me being the bad guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shantel Dodson These are not random people...both are well known in the community and the issue has been discussed for more than a year now. I simply found it ironic your actions were so contradictory to your tagline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How are they contradictory? I made a comment and everyone else blew it up. This is the first I have heard of this, not a year ago. To me it is a random person, ingress or not. Simple statement turns into drama. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shantel Dodson You received a confirmation tonight. It's been a rather hectic few days since I started the order. I wasn't quite done with the last and had no plans to do another so soon, but ... this had to happen. It's not just swag this time. I don't see you as a bad guy, at all. You have every right to not pay until you know I got your order. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. RyAnne Fultz thank you. I understand you have to be busy with this. I just wanted to make sure I got my order in before I sent payment. I know there is a limited number. Thanks for all your hard work and glad I can contribute to a cause

    ReplyDelete
  16. And you guys please all stop. It's a done deal, k? She had a valid concern. Be nice. :P That's what we're good at, right? Being a community. I wouldn't send payment to someone I totally didn't know without some sort of confirmation, either. Especially if the post said I wouldn't get my patch for 2 months! It's all okay. Let's just be calm and go blow up portals! :D (Unless you're ENL. Then umm.. go watch a movie or something. heh)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shantel Dodson We're just over 1/4 of the way. Reshare it; we need the help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shantel Dodson ... I guess it's okay.. I guess.. 'cause.. umm.. Well, I need 100k more AP for level 9. I don't want to get it all from recharging. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just reached l10. Have so far to go before reach 11. Gonna have to go farm and blow some stuff up

    ReplyDelete
  20. Honestly who gives a crap whos enl and whos res. Things like this make the community UNITE instead of divide. We're all nerds who enjoy the same thing and this fundraiser is a real life issue, not a binary one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks