What do they say about "blind squirrel" All kidding aside great work agents!


What do they say about   "blind squirrel" All kidding aside great work agents!!!! and mark dobson I see did his best to keep us on top!!!
#BlindSquirrel  

Originally shared by Crystal Bell

#cellcheck   #optimistclub   #interitus Brian Rose Joe Philley 
ENLIGHTENED HAS WON AM02-DELTA-01 with the highest score ever for this cell.

This is the first time that Enlightened has won this cell, it will not be the last!! All of us working together for this definitely strengthened our team & connections. Agents from California, Mexico, Arizona, Nevada & beyond coordinated efforts to make this happen.

Thank you to all of the agents involved. Against all odds, we won SoCal. This was no "easy win", you all were incredible, I am so proud to be on your team. Souk Nomichith Justin Bruce Darcy Bowen Guy Albertelli Brandon Downey Julio Morales Adam Siegel Joshua Alison Josh S Joe T Kris Habraken & so many more!!

Comments

  1. ENL has NEVER won in our cell..thank God...we would never hear the end of it...which is AM01-LIMA-10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect we'll never hear the end of this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve R just remember you're only 1 cycle ahead of us now... Don't tempt fate! We were 10-15 minutes from reversing this but you can see our last spike tapered off before the CP.

    Congrats enlightened for finally winning a cycle in our cell. Sorry that your efforts didn't translate into anything for Interitus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terence Honles really its sad that all the links into cross plains wasn't counted or else we would have won #Interitus. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resistance are yet to win PA04-PAPA-08, Joe Philley, maybe they could use your #blindsquirrel tutelage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry Stout actually, no. You claimed 126 links, got credit for 102 I believe. That's another 24 links, x10 points each is 240, x2 primary sites is 480. Resistance won by 797. Even if all the links counted at the #calvinball Nia threw out to give you a chance and to try saving the storyline, it wouldn't have made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Mazur mea culpa.. I miscounted the links. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe Philley check your RES bias please. You work for Niantic. I thought you were supposed to be an agent's agent. This was great Enlightened teamwork. Agents from all over California and from Hawaii came together as a team to support our team mates in an out numbered cell. We bought plane tickets, drove for hours, planned and coordinated with large group of enlightened. We even had an international operator. That is ingress. Choosing not to sleep and driving across the state to be together with 20+ buddies at 3 am, having a completely focused and exhilarating 30 minutes, having an 8 farm as the sun rose to fix the damage our Ada's did, and then celebrating with a communal meal. We got almost 30 agents to the middle of nowhere, yet "blind squirrel"? The teamwork and work we did out of love for our SoCal friends should be celebrated, not belittled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We actually had more links -- but debating the implications of the xplains rules is the dangling chad of Interitus.

    Joe Philley: We had an amazing contest for the septicycles of Southern California last week, with heroic efforts on both sides (nice work to mrowwy, dobber, and firstdegree on their attempt to claw back the cycle). 

    About the best thing I can say about your #blindsquirrel  comment is that people underestimating their opposition is one of my favorite things in life when that opposition is me. 

    In general, I feel the positive example set by community reps like Matilde Tusberti and Brian Rose is far more enjoyable, but you are of course entitled to your own opinions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, that sucks to have all your hard work labelled "blind squirrel" by the community manager of the game you are playing. It would be really nice to have the community boss be supportive of both teams instead of a cheerleader for one side. #Sportsmanship

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kyle Sfhandyman Remember only killing Guardians is bad #Sportsmanship  everything else is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kyle Sfhandyman I was joking and my enlightened friends know this.You should look at my posts before posting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe Philley for a hard won down and out victory, the tone came off wrong. We pulled out the stops and spent valuable resources for this op. You would've never posted a Resistance achievement so disdainfully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you think that,I'll be more blan next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joe Philley you don't have to be "bland" to show good sportsmanship, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lee McFadden *Very true* my apologies to anybody who took this wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. John Mazur to be fair I believe we had 157 links in, nia Only acknowledged 126 and only credited 102 IIRC. #justsayin wait how man did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joe Philley I read your posts all the time. You root root root for the blue team. How about you come play with us for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joe Philley What way is there to take having all of our effort compared to "If you just played randomly you get a win once in a while" which is what being called a blind squirrel means.

    I honestly can't think of a more dismissive comment.

    And you completely ignore the fact that ogdobber's atop the list because we split all 21 of our fields amongst 21 different players.

    Because we felt that was more sporting.

    But no you are right, we some how "took this wrong", this being your dismissive taunting mocking comments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll say it for the last time....everyone did great and why is this flaring up now ? Brandon Downey if I've some how upset the enlightened please say something...You guys out did us on the field and I said that in a post...this is a post from days ago ???

    ReplyDelete
  21. Probably because you implied that the success was somehow random, or unplanned.

    Me, I'm not upset. But if you believe that this field was random chance, I'm happy to spend the next anomaly sequence doing nothing but fielding SoCal in order to provide empirical evidence. ;)

    Anyway, if you're wondering why people seem sore, it's because a lot of people have worked very hard for a long time to eke out a win in SoCal -- a place where the Enlightened are broadly speaking outnumbered 2;1, and which is home to one of the best Resistance field teams in the planet. 

    That sort of work (which again, let me make clear) occurs on both sides of the divide takes a lot of brains, sweat, and resources to make happen: So people will get tetchy when you seem dismissive of that work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Joe Philley "Mark Dobson I see did his best to keep US on top." US = Resistance and there is no joke in that statement. It is a fact in most of your posts that you consider yourself a Resistance agent and Enl as the opposition.

    You are the community boss. That includes Enlightened.

    This is not flaring up out of nothing. It has built up over months and dismissing a hard won victory as pure chance, was just too much.

    I'll say it right here. I think you need to stop being on one team. Either alternate or stop playing. You are the "Community" manager, not the Resistance leader.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I won't speak for everyone but I think comparing our success to random chance didn't sit well with most of us. I get that it was intended to be a joke. However, it isn't the first time a resistance agent has brushed off our success, while most of the ENL are good sports and give a "good job" when it is due.

    This wasn't random chance. It was very carefully planned and calculated. And the success of those fields gave us a number of firsts. Which is pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Also, joe, the just nowness of this may be attributed to a mini anomaly several of us were focused on...plus it's only Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. #notblindsquirrel Just bad hash tag use Joe Philley makes you look more biased then you already are.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I actually only have one disagreement Jennifer Barry -- the Resistance agents from the SoCal field team have been very gracious in congratulating us. 

    I woke up Tuesday morning with a message from mrowwy telling me "Good game", and similar from ogdobber -- both of whom are great competitors and people I've had a blast going up against (some times successfully, some times not).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brandon Downey fair enough. I've had more experience with others who just can't manage being good sports.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog