Aaron Lunger has really outdone himself here!

Aaron Lunger has really outdone himself here!
#ingressreport  

Originally shared by Aaron Lunger

Let me first say, again, Thank you Melissa Alysania for taking these pictures. Even without adding your magical touch they really did turn out fantastic.

As many who have been following me have known, I've been building my own Iron Man costume for cosplay purposes. I've been enjoying it quite a bit, as it's both an Engineer's 'wet dream' and while it has it's frustrations, it also is just fun to play around and figure out what works best.

I got fairly far into the build when I realized that it might be fun to do an Ingress based 1-off of it just for fun for a little while. I originally had aspirations to wear this for Gettysburg, but due to time constraints, I just didn't have the suit far enough along in the build to get it done in time. Then I had more aspirations to wear it for the Philanomaly, but prior wedding plans nixed that idea. Sadly, these will most likely be the only pictures taken in this color scheme and configuration. I will be attending Otakon 2014 in Baltimore in just over a week, and I need to repaint it in time for that.

Needless to say, Joe Philley  and Kevin Hagan , I know you both have been following this and waiting to see pictures. These are the 3 proofs that I have, pretty much unedited at this point. I'm sure many more will come (lets just say there were more than a few compromising poses.....all in good fun Kevin McCarley ).

The only request I have, is that if anyone wants to use these for anything, that they contact me prior to using them. I contemplated posting these, because they will go into the 'public domain', and I know that others will most likely spread them around quite a bit.

I do plan on eventually making an Ingress poster, most likely to be posted in the nearby areas where I do play.

Another interesting part of this, was the amount of people that would stop and ask what was going on. The photo's were taken near the Lititz Springs Park and Warwick High School in Lititz, Pennsylvania. This place was about 40ft from the road that passes by, and people were litterally stopping on the road and getting out of their cars to see what was going on. We even had a police officer show up and ask what was going on, and I believe that we may have even recruited him as well (lets face it, who DOESN'T want to fight alongside Iron Man?).

So, with that being said, please enjoy, and know that more will come in time.

Niantic Project Brian Rose Brandon Badger

Lastly, Zeke Cao , here's the good photo's. No, I will not make out with you. Unless you're wearing a red wig. And high heals. And a short dress. Maybe a kilt.


Comments

  1. #ingressreport needs to feature a Resistance super hero. Portalside Chat you seeing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron Lunger socon is the con made for your larping! Hope you can come

    ReplyDelete
  3. KrisTen Slevin got a link to a website?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron Lunger as KrisTen Slevin said SOCON should be a great time. Linda Besh and I will be there for the fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to go, but between everything else going on right now I honestly doubt I could afford yet another convention. That, and iron man is already gold, so I couldn't really bring it along to be ingress related. Even though I would love to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Agents we have our cells

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks