Excellent work and love the teal fields agents

Excellent work and love the teal fields agents

Originally shared by Terry Winslow

Ingress Joe Philley Brandon Badger Susanna Moyer Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose NIA Ops 

Agents from Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky cross faction lines to combat Bogdanovich's virus. 

The premise, theoretically proposed by Martin Schubert, involved a worldwide increase in global MU scores aiming to weaken the virus’ hold.  This undoubtedly would require both factions to co-operate and work together towards a common goal.

  This endeavor would come to be known as “Teal Valley Authority”.   A word play of a famous government agency created in the 1930’s.  The Tennessee Valley Authority brought electricity, and light to the depression-weary states of the Tennessee Valley. This operation, like its name-sake, was designed to set the map alight in blinding teal.  This would subsequently demonstrate teamwork between typically warring factions requiring both Resistance and Enlightened agents to ride together to insure the sequence of events by securing the portal anchors and lanes.  

  Before the operation was scheduled to begin, agents discovered that Middle Tennessee cell AM02-Juliet-02 was assigned as a connected cell in the upcoming Helios Anomaly in San Diego. Knowing the planned operation could affect the local score, and ultimately the anomaly’s score, all agents involved heavily debated its execution. A decision was made, attempting to lower the rate of portal decay took priority, and we aimed to build evenly distributed MU fields. The mission was set to go and begin at midnight.  

  The Teal Fields, 5 green layers and 5 blue layers 10 total, lasted 11 checkpoints with multiple agents getting the chance to throw big links and make some mega fields. One L1 Enlightened agent, from Cookeville went from Level 1 to Level 2 when he completed a field worth 1.25 M MU.  All involved were determined to make a dent in the worldwide score and attempt to decrease the rapid portal decay.

  Estimated MU for all the layers was 15 Million MU averaging in at each checkpoint.  Accounting for nearly 1% of the total global MU score for at least one checkpoint.

  Some of the best of the best of each side pitched in to help out on this.  Fun was also a primary goal, almost as important as the MU count.  More than once, agents who would normally be battling it out over home turf portals were riding along with each other, key farming into the wee hours of the morning, sharing lunch, explaining what Ingress was to the cops while evading army helicopters, while having a great time. 

   A great deal of social engineering was involved.  In one instance, Enlightened agents traveling with a Resistance agent had to take down a high level blue portal in a rural area outside of Tullahoma, Tennessee.  The out-of-town Resistance agent put his resonators on it, flipped it with a Jarvis virus and the two Enlightened agents upgraded it to a level 7 portal, leaving a local agent an ADA to convert it back.  There were instances in which agents persuaded teammates from destroying the fields.  Offering them patches, stickers and assorted swag, but mostly a kind word or two was all it took.   

    We had hoped the fields would just last 4 checkpoints, until Thursday morning, after its midnight deployment on Wednesday night July 23.  The number of days leading into the Helios Anomaly decreased and the field in its majority still stood. Constant maintenance, from both factions. Re-building when the MU balance would change due to agents who were unaware and removed fields they saw as easy targets.  Saturday morning came, July 26th. We finally let it permanently fall. 
 
    Below are some quotes from agents who were involved and what this feat meant to them.

DauntedWater: “This op was very great and it gave opportunities to people to throw a field over 1 million MU. It even got one agent to lvl 2.”

Agent1484: “This was an awesome op. We had great cooperation. I met and made new friends, and got some great new stats. I'll remember this as a high point in my Ingress play.”

Marvels: “I really am just so proud of us. We have come from having a vitriolic relationship with the other team to being able to come up with this awesome field op that has stayed up for so many days.”

Nburks12: “This TealValleyAuthority Op was a truly great experience getting both factions to work together toward a common goal. The cooperation and teamwork we had was unreal. It was so cool working with some of the best Enlightened agents in our area that we are usually dueling it out with. I hope there are more events in the future where we get to bring both factions together and work as one.”

Book: “Terry had us in a graveyard at midnight and the outside field, which went up at 11:58 was in the middle of a park with sprinklers blasting like a mine field on all sides. I got wet.”

Abbodarr: “I loved working with people I am normally competing against.”

mameone: "The best part was having fun and meeting new frenemies while working collectively towards a goal, not only to do the fields but to stave off attacks from people in the towns that we didn't know. A good reminder to all, just because the police show up, don't get nervous, just be honest with them, explain what you're doing and they'll generally leave you alone."

subzero2000: “I was privileged to run ops on this op for the first night of it, and I couldn't have been more proud of a group of individuals doing what they did. It felt a little weird directing ENL players to kill RES blockers, but in the interests of the overall good of the game, it was so totally worth it. It was fun to work with everyone in such a manner that we were working towards a common goal against a common enemy. Watching people put aside their differences and have fun playing together was a very rewarding experience, one I will remember always.”

Computazme: “I love the friends that I've made on both sides of this game. I dislike that the virus has made my friends think about quitting this game entirely. This medium is that of interaction with my friends. So when I was asked to help with making a teal field I said yes... when we became a connected cell and everyone went for it anyway, I planned further... I did every type of job from planner, organizer, protector, key farming, and social connector for the betterment of the team. I'm proud to say over 11 measurements we averaged over 10 million MU towards the global average. While it didn't end how I wished it would (our agreed upon self-destruct time of at the end of the anomaly) I wouldn't trade the friends I made on both sides for anything.”

   All agents involved in this operation would like to extend thanks to the multitude of local area agents.  You stood with us and permitted the links and fields to live, for the common benefit of all.  No one was able to make any links for nearly 4 days, and great restraint was demonstrated by all.

#tealornodeal   #TealValleyAuthority   #Ingress   #Enlightened   #Resistance     #Helios   #Niantic   #IngressReport   #actualingressgameplayfootage  

Agents involved include Phalin, Fiedon, DaDudesGirl, DtheDude, HakanAmbrye, Lastchild, NE1, DauntedWater, NainKitty, OnwardBug, Book, GreySentinel, Smeeon, FlipFlopJeeper, mameone, marvels, PickleDish, moosehole, R1N2L3R, computazme, agent1484, chelbel, sepiapetrichor, SSaint, MandarHobbit, Technoblogical, Keg2881, J4sW1n, subzero2000, nburks12, jburks12, Insecurewalrus, Abbodarr amongst many others who helped clear, not block lanes, and resisted the temptation to take down our fields.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title