#Ingress #ingressobsessed #ingressreport #weareawake #iAgents
#Ingress #ingressobsessed #ingressreport #weareawake #iAgents
Originally shared by Kelly Kolton
The new promo video for Ingress has the game saying to its player: "Enemy agents in your area." That isn't in the Android version of the game, and it is kind of creepy for a new user. Your thoughts?
http://youtu.be/X4hY0UBAmlo?t=27s
#ingress #ingressrecruits #ios
http://youtu.be/X4hY0UBAmlo?t=27s
Originally shared by Kelly Kolton
The new promo video for Ingress has the game saying to its player: "Enemy agents in your area." That isn't in the Android version of the game, and it is kind of creepy for a new user. Your thoughts?
http://youtu.be/X4hY0UBAmlo?t=27s
#ingress #ingressrecruits #ios
http://youtu.be/X4hY0UBAmlo?t=27s
I've always thought you should be able to 'see' other agents in the scanner if they are within range. It could certainly make an impact to proving when spoofers aren't really there. (I've also thought agents within range of a portal should show up when you view them via remote keys—maybe only if you/your faction owns the portal, though.) I don't know that I think you should be able to see WHO is there, but just that a scanner presence is detected.
ReplyDeleteJohn Woods Agreed. I like your approach - seems like a good balance of convenience vs privacy.
ReplyDeleteI agree there should be some ability, though perhaps limit it to when certain actions happen. So opponent burster fire should appear on your screen, which would hint where the agent was when firing. However if they stop doing anything, and "run silent", then they wouldn't appear. It would probably be least confusing if the actions that showed on scanner were the same as the ones that show on Intel and let operators track where you are.
ReplyDeleteNote that with the current version, if the opponent needs XM, you can somewhat see where they are by where XM is disappearing.
I like the idea of it saying agents in the area but not showing up on the scanner.
ReplyDeleteThe cloak and dagger of the game has always been part of the allure for me. Knowing that I can fire busters from muscle memory with out having to look at my scanner is a lot of fun. I often have my scanner on my belt clip and will fire off XMP and watch for reactions to spot other agents. Much like the agent did in the video that instant looking around and knowing you spooked them is fun. I do normally introduce myself after I have found the other agent but it is fun spooking them for a min or two.
these aren't real agents (yet). they don't have akku packs! :D
ReplyDeleteThat's why I have my custom sonic-boom-ringtone-hammer
ReplyDeleteI would at least like to see agents in my faction I'm currently working with.
ReplyDeleteThe only problem with knowing where other people are through the game is privacy issues. Some people don't want to be known to anyone else, as much as it's a team game. And it would cause a lot of problems with stalking. I think it would be cool as well to "see" other agents to an extent, even if it is just your own faction, but I don't know that it will ever happen, and I'm ok if it doesn't.
ReplyDelete