"Despite the fact that we all know the risks involved, I am convinced that we should continue to investigate the value of high-dose-XM research." "We should view 'Epiphany Night' not as a crisis, but a tremendous opportunity." Dr. Victor Kureze, in an email last week. -PAC #ingress http://www.nianticproject.com http://www.nianticproject.com
I like that a lot, but I'm not sure I can transcribe glyphs fast enough for this to be useful. I read a post in another thread where a clever agent made themselves a whiteboard just for this, which seemed pretty smart. After some research and a little practice with Glypher, I don't think I'm ever going to get very good at this function.
ReplyDeleteUltimately, I'm starting to think that glyph hacking is too time consuming for the payoff. If I can hit 10 portals with a standard hack in the time it takes to glyph hack 4 portals, I think I'll stick with the straight hack.
We did this for a while and it helped some, but it can be hard to hold paper and write. One super low tech strategy that I've found useful is to just trace the glyph with my finger as it comes on the screen; it helps me remember and also builds muscle memory. Kind of how taking notes in class helps you remember the info even if you don't go back and read them, the act of writing (or tracing) seals things better into memory.
ReplyDeleteMichael Chenault it is all about the situation. Sometime it worth it, sometime not.
ReplyDeleteWhen multihacking a portal there is a real benefit in Glyph hacking, and time between hacks.
I know it's for glyphs but all I can see are portals left uncapped and unfielded... I may need an intervention :/ I think if done right you can get 20 fields from that!
ReplyDeleteMichael Peeler 42. Link each portal to the next one horizontally and vertically, and then diagonally in one direction. Each "square" of 4 portals makes 2 fields.
ReplyDelete#42
Scott Anderson I meant the dots inside that make up the glyph pattern not the number of glyph patterns
ReplyDeleteHow I learned to glyph hack:
ReplyDelete1. find coffee shop with 3 or more portals within reach. (or park or mall, etc)
2. glyph hack each portal and remember the English translation as the final screen displays the sequence.
3. screenshot the last screen. (the one that has all of the glyphs sequence displayed)
4. write the English from step 2 under the guides on the glyph paper.
4a. grumble under my breath that the dots on the page make "CREATE" not a straight line, and pledge to bitch about it anytime I post about these sheets.
5. Transcribe the sequence from the screenshot in step 3, losing the benefit of muscle memory because "CREATE", "DESTROY", etc are not straight lines. (grumble, grumble, see step 4a)
6. Repeat to burnout. (the amount of time needed to glyph hack and write them down is usually enough that I will get a 10 second cooldown message if at all.)
7. if equipped with 2 VRMH, 1 RareHS, it takes about 50 mins of continuous glyph hacking to burn out all 3 portals, and usually will mostly fill a depleted inventory.