Awesome field agents loved the cover !

Awesome field agents loved the cover !

#Ingress  #Helios #Ingressreport

Originally shared by Dean Machikas

Situation Report - Team Sub Zero - Baltinomaly Portal Kombat. 

Normally, I try to write these SitReps as a play by play of what happened. I'm electing not to do that here, merely to thank all agents involved. You know what you did, you know what you accomplished, and now the world does, too. I am proud to work with each and every one of you. Thank you for putting up with my stress while planning this. Thank you for not laughing at me when I showed you the plan for the first time. Thank you for sitting in the rain for hours on end, waiting to press a button or two. Anyway, here it goes. 

First off, I’d like to thank Jim O'Rourke  for suggesting the original lanes and bending my arm a little about a true BAF. My philosophy has always been as small and simple as possible, when coming to anomaly fielding, and I’m glad that we diverted a little here. Second, I’d like to thank Nikolas Moore  for twisting my arm a little about Bermuda. Also, for totally saying he didn't think we could do it (WE TOTALLY DID IT). 

I’d like to thank Darth Rogue  for helping with anchor selection, providing key farming and exchanges, and generally being awesome! I am sorry you could not join us day of, but the next time, I’m dragging you to the portal myself! I’d also like to recognize the efforts of Jeremy Sigmon , who just so happened to touch almost all the keys at one point or another, and for putting up with my stress at some points. Both key hand-offs off the coast was also terrific and well put together. 

Geoffrey wendel , Karen Tozzi , Mark Tozzi , thank you so much for sitting at Duckwall waiting to press a single button, and looking extra scary. We just felt your field was a little small, is all. Had to make it bigger ;). Ratero Smith , Brent Werlein , Fae Cross , thank you for the mu! You did great, serving as your own distraction, clearing, and linking team, all in one. Nick Loucanides , +Nicole A, Diana Banana , thank you for helping us keep the beach clear, for driving all over the shore for keys, and for meeting with Pedro Owsik  for that one super-secret exchange. Could not have done this without you on the ground there, and #HeExtends.

I’d like to thank my dispatch team for going through hell the days leading up to the event. Phil A. , Greg Lennox , both of whom I’ve worked with before, and someone I have just started working with,
bert kosbar. You guys all did terrific, and I could not ask for more. We had constant coverage in the days leading up to the event, were able to have real time assessment of our challenges, no matter the hour, and did not once feel that we were not able to accomplish our goals. If any of you have the opportunity, please work with these agents. They are the best in the business. 

To Creston Fears , Tanya Fears , and the Distance Resistance, thank you for helping us make ESVA clear, and all-so-importantly, making Wallops unlinkable. I have a feeling that saved us chasing a lot of big green links all over the place. 

To Paul Washington , Thomas Britton , Brandon Horsley , +mark, Thomas Sanford , Brandon Sawyer , Will Cline , +Searith Jacobs, and the Hampton Roads Resistance, thank you for helping me in an area that is normally out of my reach, and welcoming me as one of your own. You guys made this all possible. 

To Paul Tate , Julia Tate , Dianna Jablonski, thank you for the same. You guys were more than helpful, and had a challenging, unpredictable area, with many big links popping up day-to-day. 

Matt Glunt, I’d like to especially thank you. Your insight into MBQ and the surrounding areas was invaluable, and you were able to see and overcome your challenges weeks in advance. Steven Sippi , Evan Sippert , Bill Taplin , Billy Taplin ,@MonkeyMan03, Christopher Rush , and Josh Tennant  thank you for managing the lane north of the Potomac. You guys had that thing wide open all day long, and it was fantastic to watch the crew out in force. 

Tony Czeh , thank you for the clutch BatPhone save on the treehouse block, and in supporting Joanna Mackrell. Joanna, you were fantastic, and a link clearing and fake out machine! Out clearing the lanes 24 hours in advance, and smacking and distracting everything in that whole area, you did a fantastic job. 

David Getchell , Thomas Martin , thank you for being so flexible. Your area of assignment was absolutely gigantic, yet you only had to clear one portal during, due to a fantasic setup by both the Carroll County and Harford County resistance. Those tunneling fields were amazing. 

Matt Mangat , Karl Franke ,  you guys were not only instrumental in clearing the lanes, both before and during the event, but also in blocking any field attempts in the north side of the bay. Thank you Chris Clement  for allowing the links in northern DE to slowly fade away, and a great big tunneling field appeared in their place over the course of a week. It was truly great to watch that all happen in 100% stealth. 

tirith march , Ashley Staten , great job blocking the bay, and causing much chaos! You guys used up some keys that I have been holding forever, so I may have to go visit Raymond Cool  and Aaron Andrews  again soon to replenish. Also, strategic mail delivery is now a thing. Ray, Aaron, you guys did great prepping your areas, and along with Jeffrey Sanders , being the crazy man he is, had the eastern shore set up perfectly. Jeff, you need to come out with us next time!

Kate Martin  and Sheryl Allen , thank you guys for orchestrating the nice field over SoMD, and the derps across the southern bay. We truly made that thing unlinkable, and I think it played a huge part into the fact that the greens had 0 successful field attempts. 

To all the agents in New Jersey, and specifically, to Rob Tartaglia , Alex Fornuto , Rich Vogt , Steven Vogt , thank you for working with the ever-changing landscape of the shore during tourist season here. You kept a difficult path open, and kept a publically-accessible anchor linkable from three vectors all day. 

And finally, to Sam Lehman , Sheryl Allen,  John Milne,  Brad Durandetta,  Ann Durandetta, thank you guys for completing the Measurement 4 insane field. I’m not going to explain what made the layers keep happening here (that would give up the secret), or why the greens were unable to take it down with 5 players actively at the anchors, but needless to say, you know what you did, and you know it was awesome. 

In total, the field over the cluster (and most of Maryland, Delaware, and a lot of WV, and VA and NJ) netted us 4999217 mu, which also happened to accidentally make cell measurement in a TON of cells. The field to Bermuda was added partially as a “cause we can” kind of field, but also to block coastal links from the Enlightened, and also netted us about ¾ million additional MU. The field lasted so long we wondered if we would even have it up for Measurement 4, but as expected, it was taken down approximately an hour and ten minutes past the original throw, and allowed us to have our crazy micro fields over cluster 4 go off without a hitch. 

All-in-all, this field has a number of “Firsts” I can attribute to it, as far as the Mid-Atlantic is concerned. It caught the attention of many people the world over, and for those that understand how dense the areas around the north-east are, you know exactly how much clearing has to go into a field like this. I’m not writing this post to say anything other than thank you to all the agents that worked with the fielding team and myself, and made such a beautiful, important, and daring field possible.

#Best14PointsEver

Next time, I call cluster duty!  

Just kidding. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog