Love it!

Love it!

Originally shared by Kimberly H

SitRep: Operation Life’s A Beach
August 16, 2014

Back in March the Blue Angels Field Team was born. This is our 3rd successful Operation.
(with a little help from some friends).

“I have a delusion”. That’s what I told them when I first brought this idea to the table. I approached a couple of our best fielders, general consensus was, “Are you crazy?” Hmm, maybe a little. But my team is the best, our founder just said, “Omg that's awesome! We want to help!” I decided to come up with 2 alternate options, but ultimately, the team voted on the first plan. So, Operation Life’s a Beach was born; and boy it sure was a beach.

The Anchors:
Doran Beach, Bodega, CA
Western Pacific Railroad Museum, Portola, CA
Point Sur Lighthouse, Monterey, CA

The Op:
A couple days prior to go time, we didn’t have enough lane clearers for the most populated areas and we decided to bring in some outside assistance. Some Sacramento Resistance agents were contacted; they took one look and said,” We got this”.
 
The day started around 10am, agents checked in on zello and starting moving towards their assigned locations.  The real party started about noon or so. The plan was to throw between 3-3:30 for the 4pm check. We knew the east lane would be a doosey, but we had a good team. Blocks came one after another after another, we even had to deal with an EP8 raid in Roseville and Sacramento, happening right next to the lane. Around 3:30, we knew we would not make the 4pm checkpoint.  It was decided we would keep trying; we had put in too much work to quit. We had to re-route several agents and even bring in some unknowns and we played Whack-a-mole for another 3 hours. At about 6:15, I was feeling a little defeated and I asked my operator at what point we think we should call it; he said it was up to me. I told the crew that as long as they were willing to keep trying, we would try until sunset which is when I would have to leave the park. We were really impressed with this part since a lot of times this would be where most ops would call it quits when they face that much active opposition. This team kept at it, never giving up against some pretty bad looking odds when blockers were coming up all across the hundreds of km worth of the lane. Blockers in Folsom, blockers in Stockton, blockers in Salinas, it was obvious they knew our lane and were coordinating blockers, yet this team's resolve was strong enough to make that link a reality. Then, finally at 6:43pm, we were able to close the first layer. Then, there it was; a tiny blocker preventing the additional layers on a lane that was so tight, we didn’t think it was possible.  It would take 20 minutes to get an agent there. Once that was taken down, it went fairly smoothly. We had 2 additional tiny hiccups, one of which prevented a layer from being completed. Really amazing that mere meters worth of blockers happened twice! For different lanes too. It took about an hour to complete all 7 layers from first close to the last.  I drove out of the park just before 8:00 pm under 7 layers of blue sky.
 
The team I had behind me is a force to be reckoned with; I don’t have the words to express how much they are appreciated. Many of those agents were out driving around for 12 hours taking down blocks. One of my team members even paid $55 to go into an amusement park to neutralize a block. These people make me proud to call them friends, fellow agents, Resistance. I also want to make a special mention of the operators; one of whom was making lane assignments until after midnight Friday evening then spent hours with us the next morning.

As all ops do, we also had some pretty hilarious moments. A couple agent’s favorite tidbits: 

After getting into [a theme park] and jarvising the tiny little link, I lost cell signal -- so I couldn't let the operators know it was down.  So, surrounded by families with hordes of young children, I go to the nearest shaded picnic table, open my backpack, bust out my portable amp kit (amp, battery pack, antenna) and proceed to act like doing that in a kiddie park is not a reason to call the cops.

While in Portola, agents ArrImAPirate and TheOneGuy saw a Sasquatch. They even got a photo to prove it. (Wait, what do you mean it’s blurry? *sigh).

Although, the absolute best moment was when our operator was relaying on Zello the identity of some agents throwing block links in Yuba City and stumbled a little as he pronounced the names; HarryBalzack and RumpleForskin. We are still giggling over that one.


Mastermind: AccidentalGmr
 
Intel:
rukh
380
Backup: TrogDoor, TheFartOctopus

Anchor Team/Link throwers:
**AccidentalGmr – Doran Beach
**PeskyHeart – Doran Beach
**ArrImAPirate – Western Pacific Railroad Museum
**TheOneGuy – Western Pacific Railroad Museum
ShrinerBob – Point Sur Lighthouse

**These agents are now new members of the 1M MU Club. ShrinerBob was already a member.
 
Lane Clearing:
Madfish
Falcone
Fionaghal
IrisRennay
SnoWake
T971PTFT
MalignantMerkin
YellowLancer
Trixix
SonOfEl
 
A huge thank you to Sacramento Resistance for joining the party
TheLordFoo - Sac team organizer
Nerfette - Sac team organizer
TheFirstSeal
Pappanerf
Nerfboy
Macferguson
Toxictoast
CrazyCatLady
Semiconstructor
Ragnarokpc
kenseysings13
ZanCat
Ezio
neveryoumindwho
ihatechu
Tony209
arios825
RedJack72
Bebe71
Rollo54
KLH69
acaciacon
ShinyVonShiny

People asked to kill blockers without knowing why. Their faith in the Resistance is unwavering.
Waymaker
Roxare
Elektra88
DSLKOBRA
Bumpinator39

Key farming/ferrying:
AccidentalGmr
Itchbay
Woolly
TrogDoor

/End transmission

Joe Philley Linda Besh Brandon Badger Ruth Shepherd Brian Rose 

#Ingress  
#Resistance  
#ingressactualgameplayfootage  
#BlueAngelsFieldTeam  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog