This is a cool #Ingress story
This is a cool #Ingress story
Originally shared by Uncle Flip
So this is the sort of story Joe Philley, John Hanke, and others at Niantic Project (& Google) would probably love to hear.
I discovered how amazing my #Resistance team is, when my car got stuck in deep mud late at night. After 1:00 am, four guys showed up with objects to help with traction- and with a long HDMI cable- which was used to pull my car out. (I'm not making that up. They used an industrial grade HDMI cable to pull the car out- while dodging sprinklers making the mud worse. It happened while a police officer blocked the road for our safety.)
Your #Ingress team is much more than people you play alongside. They are family, who will be there for you when you need help. It's part of why I'm happy the game encourages teamwork. If not for that, I probably wouldn't have such a giving #IngressFamily .
Originally shared by Uncle Flip
So this is the sort of story Joe Philley, John Hanke, and others at Niantic Project (& Google) would probably love to hear.
I discovered how amazing my #Resistance team is, when my car got stuck in deep mud late at night. After 1:00 am, four guys showed up with objects to help with traction- and with a long HDMI cable- which was used to pull my car out. (I'm not making that up. They used an industrial grade HDMI cable to pull the car out- while dodging sprinklers making the mud worse. It happened while a police officer blocked the road for our safety.)
Your #Ingress team is much more than people you play alongside. They are family, who will be there for you when you need help. It's part of why I'm happy the game encourages teamwork. If not for that, I probably wouldn't have such a giving #IngressFamily .
One question! What brand was that HDMI cable!? 😱😲
ReplyDeleteI towed a car with speaker wire once. As long as you don't jerk it, it's surprisingly strong.
ReplyDeleteWish mine was like that.
ReplyDeleteHuh. My team laughed their fool heads off when I got stuck in an iced over parking lot at night while submitting portals. It only got funnier when Agent Precious at AAA came to my rescue. Apparently my real life adventures read like complete fiction, and they thought I was making the whole thing up to entertain them. Won't be the first time nor the last that happened. We all still laugh about it. 😁
ReplyDelete