A better than #GoodCop Please help it go viral.

A better than #GoodCop Please help it go viral.
... and done the way it should be. Without comment or hope for recognition.
The chief is awesome here as well.
I may consider North Bend as a place to live with people like that in charge.
Via Christy Sandhoff
In this day and age we need more positive examples of community help from the casual police encounter.
ReplyDeleteRight on and shared to G+ & fb
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing thing to help the day end. I'm glad I read it.
ReplyDeleteFaith in humanity, restored
ReplyDeleteNice sentiment. That letter is the fakest thing I've ever seen though.
ReplyDeleteI see this happening daily but it doesn't make the news because they only cater to negative people, like the poster above. Plus when the officer does an act such as this, he/she doesn't do it for the recognition, he/she does it because they're human.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.facebook.com/NBPDOR
ReplyDeleteDon't be so cynical. People are nice sometimes and take the time to do something other than complain and doubt.
Craig Wallace It seems legit. Source: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=710566202347215&id=239487296121777&set=pcb.710570079013494&source=48
ReplyDeleteThere's other letters of commendation there as well.
Craig Wallace - your comment is a perfect illustration of why I stopped watching TV, listening to radio, reading the news. When something REALLY important happens, I hear about it from all the fear junkies, but in the mean time, I don't get a skewed view of humanity that lets me think the world is a horrible place filled with hateful people to be feared.
ReplyDeleteI also have lost touch with the advertising that tells me I'm not woman enough if I have ring around the collar, am larger than a size 6, am over 30 and look it, don't drive whatever car is the one I'm supposed to be driving (I don't even know anymore). I love stories like this and hear more & more of them now, in the quiet.
Bottom line - that cop had a wonderful, HUMAN and humane response to what he saw and acted upon it in a way a humane person who was able to would. He deserves every bit of recognition for that act; far too many go unnoticed, or worse, derided.
I wasn't trying to be negative, and hoped the story was true. I was simply trying to say that the letter looks rather fake.
ReplyDelete"That letter is the fakest thing I've ever seen though" is a pretty definitive statement. Didn't indicate a smidgen of hope.
ReplyDeleteCraig Wallace - I'm sorry if it seemed I was attacking you, I wasn't. It was the cynical response that I was responding to. That cynicism was ME when I was plugged in to all the negative hype we're fed minute by minute, Once I realized it and stopped listening, it has made a HUGE impact on the quality of my life. I'm on a mission - LOL.
ReplyDeleteCraig Wallace - if you really DO have hope, I challenge you. Unplug from TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, ezines - every place you currently get your news. Do it for 3 months and get back to me. Let me know if it has made any difference in your outlook on life.
ReplyDeleteAndi BeinUppity I am in the process of transitioning right now. Still looking for a new source though.
ReplyDeleteI have switched entirely to on-demand television via my Roku, and only watch or read the news stories I want to. As a result, I know more about advances in 3D printing and technology than I do about everyone panicking about Ebola, which still has only affected 2 people in the US, and one is dead.
ReplyDeleteI can vouch for unplugging being good for the soul.
Bein Uppity News mostly, yes. It feels like I have already tried everything though.
ReplyDeleteCraig Wallace - so, try nothing.
ReplyDeleteI have been so disturbed in recent years with all the negative news, It was beyond depressing, I very much gave up on humanity and started to be skeptical of everyone. I didn't even trust close friends anymore, Media has pushed so much negative and showed so much bad things going on it seemed I would never hear a feelgood story anymore, I find it makes people live in fear which makes us consume We prepare for the worst by purchasing Guns ammo/ stockpile food and whatever we can so our families can get through the next disaster... Trough us they sell fear because it's good for business and the economy, The bad thing us we have withdrawn from society, We stay home more, but we seem more distant from our loved ones than ever, Everyone has their own cellphone or computer they all spend far to much time with the games and b.s, What ever happened to going to a park or having a picnic, Spending time playing cards? It's all on the computer or phone now... I Love technology However I can't stand the Divide it seems to have brought between our family and friends and just having fun outdoors, Two days a week I now turn off all electronic devices and spend real time talking to and enjoying my family without any interference... I feel much better and we all get along about 100% better
ReplyDeleteAs far as waiting for more stories like this to surface, I don't hold my breath, Instead when there is any spare cash, I personally help someone in need, Not over seas People in my community, so I'm sure they get it, And I take my children with me so they see what a small deed can do to boost a humans spirit...
ReplyDelete