In the past 22 months, I've flown 30,000 miles, driven 58,000 miles.


Originally shared by Zeke Cao

In the past 22 months, I've flown 30,000 miles, driven 58,000 miles. Made about 2100 friends. Twenty or so cities, three countries. I stopped leveling at L6 to make sure members in my community catch up to me, I flew to Belgium to drink beers and play with people there. Sharing my resonator where I could.

When people tells me that my Ingress stats suck. I tell them to look me up. Yes, you have some crazy amount of AP. You play alone 90% of the time. All you have to brag about is some numbers in your scanner. Me, I follow your lead Joe Philley  :) The amount of links I make between people, the amount of people I could gather in one room far exceeds the number of MU in my fields. 

When I first started playing, I was never really one in the spotlight. Didn't care to be social, center of the party, or anything like that. This game forces me to be around people, to be all that I can, to inspire, to unite, and to spread the good stuff around. It's a much needed change, and I am a better person because of it. 

In the end, the only real stats that matter to me are the people who really make a difference in my life. Thanks Joe for being that inspiration. I'm no Niantic and not the Most Interesting Man In the World like Joe, but on track to break 6 Mil thanks to all the friends and family. 

I remember my boss asked me why I was taking just a couple days off to go to Belgium. I tell them I have family there. All 600 of them :) His face was priceless. 

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number

This is Ingress, this is legion, this is a several millions members strong family. For unity, perseverance, determination, freedom, compassion, hope. We are the best network in the world. We fight for no one but the people beside us. In the darkness, in plain sight, nothing but our scanners and each other's hands. We will push on. We will go to the end of the Earth, to the edge of space. You drop a pin, we will be there. You give us a network connection, we will deliver. You give us a message, we will carry it to where it needs to go. We bring hope, faith, and the inspiration needed to change the world. This is who we are. This is Ingress. Let the world see, we are a force to be reckoned with.

Per Ardua ad astra

#WhatIfIngressEndsTomorrow   #IngressYearTwo     #Unity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog