Now this is a great #Ingress story.

Now this is a great #Ingress story.

Originally shared by Jenn B

2,000 to 10,000

On January 6th of this year I hacked my 2,000th unique portal. Medals were a recent addition and I was super excited to receive my gold badge. When levels were released I popped from L8 to L13 in a matter of minutes. The excitement of leveling was back, and I saw the Explorer Badge - unique portals visited, as the best way to reach L14. 10,000 seemed so far off, but I also saw it as an opportunity to see new places and meet new people. 

Over the next 8 months I hacked, and hacked, and deployed, and deployed, in places I’ve never been, places I had gone before Ingress, and places I never want to go again. I’ve been to four different states, and more than 125 different cities, some I hacked just one portal in, others I hit every single one. I’ve seen more cemeteries than I want to recall. I’ve visited several college campuses, theme parks, zoos, and fairgrounds. I’ve been to local parks, state parks, and national parks. I’ve hacked portals at rivers, lakes, valleys, mountains, at the ocean, in the forest, and in the desert. I’ve spent time at lighthouses and weird little towns no one even knew existed. Capitol buildings, city halls, and courthouses. Quaint, historical downtowns to large metropolitan city centers. Churches, lots of churches. I’ve seen more of California than I ever expected to see. And lots of gas stations and Starbucks stops.  

Finally, on Saturday night (October 25th),  in Monterey, with my boy in tow, I hit 10,000 unique portals visited, which I believe makes me the first Platinum Explorer in Sacramento, CA (both factions). As an added bonus, I simultaneously leveled to L15, making me the first L15 in Sacramento, CA. 

For two of the 8 months of this journey I was unable to drive because of a surgery. During that time my friends made sure I didn’t die of boredom at home, and that my uniques quest continued. For that, I have to thank David Tourtillott, Victoria Tourtillott, Christy Kidd, Jason Baker , Keith Sullivan  and even a friendly retired Resistance agent who unknowingly got me several uniques by being awesome and getting me out of the house - Ryan Allred (except for that one time you purposefully speed locked me - for that you'll never be forgiven! :P). 

People donated gear (Christopher Lew, joe dozat, Nick Flores,) and egged me on (Charles B malvista, who woke up at 6 am and drove me around Salt Lake City, Nicole Lalumiere-Weaving, Derek Perrin - who is a capture theif,  Thrakazog, and Dustin Harwood). I uniqued on foot, in cars, and RVs - specifically Richard Pino's RV, which was part of at least two uniquing trips (his RV has been stolen, if you see it please let him know!). Many people joined me and invited me to out of area events -Jason Kwong, matthew moore, Paul Dorchak, Marc Goubert Charles Violette, Deb Rowland-Bird thank you for your company, and your invites! Lynn deWitt gets a special tag because she joined me to visit the weirdest little town I've ever seen, to take down those blue fields. Some even goaded me into thinking they may beat me to 10k, ehem Brandon Downey (and by extension Crystal Bell:P).  

These are just a few of the many people who contributed in some way to this quest. It would have taken me so many more months without all your help. Thank you! Of course, I can't forget The Captain, my son (@captainkeys), who has been on this journey with me for much of the time. He doesn't have quite the same passion for uniques as I do, so this was something of a test of his patience. He has been awesome, and I couldn't be more happy to be his mom and to get to play Ingress with him.

On to 30k! (lol, jk, I need a break). 

Ingress Brian Rose Joe Philley  #Level15   #Platinumexplorer   #goodtobegreen  














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog