#Ingress at its best!
#Ingress at its best!
#ingressreport
Originally shared by Jeana “MsDiabla” Steinborn
OPERATION UNITY OFFICIAL REPORT
Unity: Kenya
TL;DR = Kenya rocks!!!
After having done Unity I have thought really hard about a sitrep. Not just for me. But because I asked a friend to let me write this for him. So here it is.
Prior to Unity, Agent Cipegwa and I had become good friends. It all started over him showing concern after I posted something about being miserable from allergies. All the way across the world. He wanted to make sure I was feeling OK. His reaching out came at the best time. Because of personal reasons I had removed myself from communities and was seriously contemplating quitting the game. Just that little tiny bit of concern though, was enough to excite me and remind me why I love the Ingress community.
Later on down the road the two of us began talking more and more. Most of you have never met Cipegwa. Most of you never will. Some of you however who messaged him Happy Level 9, did get to experience a small bit of his extraordinary personality. Cipegwa leveled up to 9, in a town that started with only a few portals. He made it to level 9, without ever unlocking his destroyer badge. In fact he is only the AP short of level 10 and just recently unlocked his bronze destroyer. Through sheer determination, not only has he accomplished leveling. Cipegwa has been building his enlightened community.
Throughout our friendship he has always been this person who just loves to learn. He loves listening to the stories that he hears throughout G+. At the beginning, he probably spent more time following Ingress on G+ then he actually got to play. This game though truly truly still just excites him, with the possibilities the game and community hold. Also, giving him hope that Kenya, would have the chance to be more involved with the rest of the world, and someday have stories of their own to tell.
This is where my idea of Unity came from. Between Cipegwa and seeing this huge influx of new players, I started thinking about why do I love the game. Because somewhere along the way I had forgotten. Fields? Cool. Blowing things up? Cool. What made me absolutely fall in love with this game. This is something Cipegwa retaught me. The people. The community. The stories. So why not come up with an op. Try to involve the whole world, and try to help them focus on these thing again. And that is how Unity came to be.
After getting positive feedback on Unity from several larger communities, and discovering we might actually pull it off, I decided to finally approach Cipegwa with the idea. His first concern? He already had a field over a large part of Kenya, and it had been sitting forever. How was he gonna be make a Unity field? Then he asked if he could just ADA his field and put it up again.
Sure his field might have been one of the simplest out of all the unity fields, but it was one of the most important. When he decided that it was what he wanted to do, I put him into the community. Where he was so excited to be a part of something, that it was absolutely infectious, not just to me, but to many of the other teams who learned his story.
Cipegwa is the true encompassment of Operation: Unity. He is what happens when a small idea travels the world in the form of a game, and changes someone's life. In this case, both the sender's and receiver's.
*****Special thanks also to Sece for throwing part of Unity! Yay new fielders! And I should also mentioned they got to face the full thrill of fielding, when for the first time, a resistance agent planned an op in Kenya to drop his field. Congratulation NCB21 for ur own successful mission! https://plus.google.com/112467963413244382879/posts/J1zpcGV24ht
Below you will find links to all the *#Unity** fields.*
Middle East: https://plus.google.com/102216193982452460504/posts/X9KzUyTazeh
Central/Eastern Pennsylvania: https://plus.google.com/104280023854763408517/posts/FFvb9dEDQW8
Indiana: https://plus.google.com/111557011319922566742/posts/5GuibFGe8KH
Russia: https://plus.google.com/117320956093451711756/posts/fTmTgCtbjsZ
Poland: https://plus.google.com/118262133294550175735/posts/3XUcpcadRGm
Sri Lanka: https://plus.google.com/104348060996585659751/posts/T4idJyHauEk
Lima Beans: https://plus.google.com/109506054187424520115/posts/RSJHTwdjo92
State of Jefferson: https://plus.google.com/109591678813936472820/posts/MYFHpj4Jtyt
Minnesota: https://plus.google.com/107129040594309419829/posts/J5cgeu2nW57
Leipzig & Halle: https://plus.google.com/101334365047520477942/posts/RLHJNYEXxjW
Croatia, Bosnia, Hercegovina, and Serbia: https://plus.google.com/116393862870155517245/posts/D6Jkinstbym
South East Asia: https://plus.google.com/116819049308985892112/posts/LcZGXqtgM4w
Berlin, Germany: https://plus.google.com/108289533498649026848/posts/RZ9pSq7AGp9
Tasmania: https://plus.google.com/100411925823132611296/posts/W8Sg5f2icfs
Norway: https://plus.google.com/110163155180401309681/posts/BW4FqJN4PYo
Hong Kong: Shared Privately
Maryland/Delaware: https://plus.google.com/113251003202350694695/posts/KnvsTLxXn7T
Southern UK: https://plus.google.com/100665183204481417382/posts/DRq8N4bYdSg
Sao Paolo Brazil : Shared Privately
South India: https://plus.google.com/102531130586286318673/posts/RqkBmcjqgny
Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa: https://plus.google.com/108905960365652699793/posts/SxF8qqb2
North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana: https://plus.google.com/107740473306066008326/posts/afTVMyUmmxF
Kansas: https://plus.google.com/113188612019823840944/posts/Ly9QZEM8Vxa
*If I missed your field, or if you wrote an Anti-field Unity sitrep, please PM it to me. I'll add it! Cause I know I'm missing a few.
Joe Philley Brian Rose Ethan Lepouttre Linda Besh Matilde Tusberti John Hanke Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Christopher Wasawo














#ingressreport
Originally shared by Jeana “MsDiabla” Steinborn
OPERATION UNITY OFFICIAL REPORT
Unity: Kenya
TL;DR = Kenya rocks!!!
After having done Unity I have thought really hard about a sitrep. Not just for me. But because I asked a friend to let me write this for him. So here it is.
Prior to Unity, Agent Cipegwa and I had become good friends. It all started over him showing concern after I posted something about being miserable from allergies. All the way across the world. He wanted to make sure I was feeling OK. His reaching out came at the best time. Because of personal reasons I had removed myself from communities and was seriously contemplating quitting the game. Just that little tiny bit of concern though, was enough to excite me and remind me why I love the Ingress community.
Later on down the road the two of us began talking more and more. Most of you have never met Cipegwa. Most of you never will. Some of you however who messaged him Happy Level 9, did get to experience a small bit of his extraordinary personality. Cipegwa leveled up to 9, in a town that started with only a few portals. He made it to level 9, without ever unlocking his destroyer badge. In fact he is only the AP short of level 10 and just recently unlocked his bronze destroyer. Through sheer determination, not only has he accomplished leveling. Cipegwa has been building his enlightened community.
Throughout our friendship he has always been this person who just loves to learn. He loves listening to the stories that he hears throughout G+. At the beginning, he probably spent more time following Ingress on G+ then he actually got to play. This game though truly truly still just excites him, with the possibilities the game and community hold. Also, giving him hope that Kenya, would have the chance to be more involved with the rest of the world, and someday have stories of their own to tell.
This is where my idea of Unity came from. Between Cipegwa and seeing this huge influx of new players, I started thinking about why do I love the game. Because somewhere along the way I had forgotten. Fields? Cool. Blowing things up? Cool. What made me absolutely fall in love with this game. This is something Cipegwa retaught me. The people. The community. The stories. So why not come up with an op. Try to involve the whole world, and try to help them focus on these thing again. And that is how Unity came to be.
After getting positive feedback on Unity from several larger communities, and discovering we might actually pull it off, I decided to finally approach Cipegwa with the idea. His first concern? He already had a field over a large part of Kenya, and it had been sitting forever. How was he gonna be make a Unity field? Then he asked if he could just ADA his field and put it up again.
Sure his field might have been one of the simplest out of all the unity fields, but it was one of the most important. When he decided that it was what he wanted to do, I put him into the community. Where he was so excited to be a part of something, that it was absolutely infectious, not just to me, but to many of the other teams who learned his story.
Cipegwa is the true encompassment of Operation: Unity. He is what happens when a small idea travels the world in the form of a game, and changes someone's life. In this case, both the sender's and receiver's.
*****Special thanks also to Sece for throwing part of Unity! Yay new fielders! And I should also mentioned they got to face the full thrill of fielding, when for the first time, a resistance agent planned an op in Kenya to drop his field. Congratulation NCB21 for ur own successful mission! https://plus.google.com/112467963413244382879/posts/J1zpcGV24ht
Below you will find links to all the *#Unity** fields.*
Middle East: https://plus.google.com/102216193982452460504/posts/X9KzUyTazeh
Central/Eastern Pennsylvania: https://plus.google.com/104280023854763408517/posts/FFvb9dEDQW8
Indiana: https://plus.google.com/111557011319922566742/posts/5GuibFGe8KH
Russia: https://plus.google.com/117320956093451711756/posts/fTmTgCtbjsZ
Poland: https://plus.google.com/118262133294550175735/posts/3XUcpcadRGm
Sri Lanka: https://plus.google.com/104348060996585659751/posts/T4idJyHauEk
Lima Beans: https://plus.google.com/109506054187424520115/posts/RSJHTwdjo92
State of Jefferson: https://plus.google.com/109591678813936472820/posts/MYFHpj4Jtyt
Minnesota: https://plus.google.com/107129040594309419829/posts/J5cgeu2nW57
Leipzig & Halle: https://plus.google.com/101334365047520477942/posts/RLHJNYEXxjW
Croatia, Bosnia, Hercegovina, and Serbia: https://plus.google.com/116393862870155517245/posts/D6Jkinstbym
South East Asia: https://plus.google.com/116819049308985892112/posts/LcZGXqtgM4w
Berlin, Germany: https://plus.google.com/108289533498649026848/posts/RZ9pSq7AGp9
Tasmania: https://plus.google.com/100411925823132611296/posts/W8Sg5f2icfs
Norway: https://plus.google.com/110163155180401309681/posts/BW4FqJN4PYo
Hong Kong: Shared Privately
Maryland/Delaware: https://plus.google.com/113251003202350694695/posts/KnvsTLxXn7T
Southern UK: https://plus.google.com/100665183204481417382/posts/DRq8N4bYdSg
Sao Paolo Brazil : Shared Privately
South India: https://plus.google.com/102531130586286318673/posts/RqkBmcjqgny
Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa: https://plus.google.com/108905960365652699793/posts/SxF8qqb2
North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana: https://plus.google.com/107740473306066008326/posts/afTVMyUmmxF
Kansas: https://plus.google.com/113188612019823840944/posts/Ly9QZEM8Vxa
*If I missed your field, or if you wrote an Anti-field Unity sitrep, please PM it to me. I'll add it! Cause I know I'm missing a few.
Joe Philley Brian Rose Ethan Lepouttre Linda Besh Matilde Tusberti John Hanke Brandon Badger Anne Beuttenmüller Christopher Wasawo
Comments
Post a Comment