Really? Like one of the few holiday movies I really wanted to see? I would take my chances being blown up. the minute I dont live my life the terrorists have won.
This isn't because if the hackers. This is because they had threats of terrorists blowing up movie theaters where the movie was going to be premiered. They are protecting their customers.
As to releasing is online, they would just add likely have threats against their offices and then their employees could be at risk.
Unfortunately, there really is not a winning position for them except to bury the film. It's unfortunate as I would be happy to pay for it, but that's life.
Charlie Silverman there's also the option of backtracking the hacks and sending a team to extract the hacking group if its a hostile country or arrest them if its a friendly one. Cringing in fear doesn't have to be the option.
Jon Lee - Exactly. The correct reaction to terrorist threats, if you don't want more of them, is to track down the terrorists, and rid the world of them. Quickly.
I'm surprised Sony doesn't see this. By turning tail, they are setting themselves up for more hacks and more threats from every asshat with an ax to grind.
"Despite the fact that we all know the risks involved, I am convinced that we should continue to investigate the value of high-dose-XM research." "We should view 'Epiphany Night' not as a crisis, but a tremendous opportunity." Dr. Victor Kureze, in an email last week. -PAC #ingress http://www.nianticproject.com http://www.nianticproject.com
I would gladly volunteer to keep watch at any theatre that shows it.
ReplyDelete😂 think they'll send a reply?
ReplyDeletedownloaded and in queue. Thanks internet!
ReplyDeleteI am all for freedom of speech, regardless of the view, but when they have you by the balls.....
ReplyDeleteI bought "The Satanic Verses" just 'cause: Freedom.
ReplyDeleteNorth Korea can stuff it.
Kim lump fatty pants can jump in a lake of chocolate pudding.
I enjoy feeling like it's my patriotic duty to go watch a Seth Rogen movie.
ReplyDeleteThey should release it for free on torrent just to get back at North Korea.
ReplyDeletePierre San Diego Truth
ReplyDeleteCan we have Dennis Rodman deliver it?
ReplyDeleteLol
ReplyDeleteReally? Like one of the few holiday movies I really wanted to see? I would take my chances being blown up. the minute I dont live my life the terrorists have won.
ReplyDeleteHahaha
ReplyDeleteJeana Steinborn again. Bail money needed
ReplyDeleteJosh M like trying to get interest in film... Ooohhhhh the publicity... Ya, thought crossed my mind
ReplyDeleteMassive directional broadcast antenna's blasting it on every frequency into North Korea should do the trick.
ReplyDeleteJason M just think if all us Canadians got offended on how we're portrayed in film
ReplyDeleteCan someone answer me how this movie is more offensive than Team America World Police, and why wasn't that movie pulled?
ReplyDeleteCheck out the 3 part series when Vice went Inside North Korea (Part 1/3): http://youtu.be/24R8JObNNQ4
ReplyDeleteRichard Dominguez his dad apparently had thicker skin.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley And yet somehow Team America: World Police is still available on Netflix.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a piece of crap movie. I wasn't going to waste my money on it.
ReplyDeleteBut now... I'd watch it just to give the middle finger to these bullies.
It's been leaked on BitTorrent.
ReplyDeleteMikaila Bell - But I want to watch it legally, that's a bigger F U to the asshat hackers.
ReplyDeletePerhaps they can release it on Google Play?
James Mason it will be screened at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin.
ReplyDeleteAn ancient wisdom passed down to me goes like this: F*ck em if they can't take a joke.
ReplyDeleteJJ Haws - Sony doesn't seem to be man enough to do that. Turns tail and runs at the threat of hax0rz...
ReplyDeleteThis isn't because if the hackers. This is because they had threats of terrorists blowing up movie theaters where the movie was going to be premiered. They are protecting their customers.
ReplyDeleteAs to releasing is online, they would just add likely have threats against their offices and then their employees could be at risk.
Unfortunately, there really is not a winning position for them except to bury the film. It's unfortunate as I would be happy to pay for it, but that's life.
Charlie Silverman there's also the option of backtracking the hacks and sending a team to extract the hacking group if its a hostile country or arrest them if its a friendly one. Cringing in fear doesn't have to be the option.
ReplyDeleteJon Lee - Exactly. The correct reaction to terrorist threats, if you don't want more of them, is to track down the terrorists, and rid the world of them. Quickly.
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised Sony doesn't see this. By turning tail, they are setting themselves up for more hacks and more threats from every asshat with an ax to grind.
Except that the hackers and the bombing threats may not have been connected yet. If they are two different groups, you only some half of the puzzle.
ReplyDeleteStill seems like a big gamble for Sony. I'm honestly surprised that the movie ever got made, actually.