Great bounce back!
Great bounce back!
Originally shared by Craig C (Scotsman72)
Official Sitrep for Operation Pheonix – 27th / 28th January 2015
Enlightened – NR03-JULIET-03
On 25th January turning on my scanner to find myself swimming in a sea of deep blue was quite a shock, checking on Intel and after a long delay discovering the spectacle of #unight16 #u16ukire I was firstly amazed at the size and scope of the Operation which had been completed. Well done to everyone who was involved! A massive 3.5 Million MU in our cell was very impressive but also quite a blow for our team.
It seemed to unanimous that the gauntlet had been thrown, we were not going to sit back and lose this cycle! We had worked hard to win the past 29 and did not want one field to be our downfall, the challenge had been accepted! As it was half way through the cycle we had our work cut out for us. The team was motivated and so I pulled up the Intel map and started looking for possible fielding opportunities allowing for multiple layers within distance and using keys / portals we currently had to reduce the work required to make it happen. This option was not going to work so back to Intel and after a lot of creeping on Intel checking for vacant portals in the target area I had my sights set on Denholm Green Memorial. The other anchors were Castle Campbell and St Andrews for the multiple layers. I estimated the 6 layers would give us approx. 1.8 Million MU which may not bring us into the lead but certainly close the gap between us.
We had limited time available (3 days) until the end of the cycle, the fielding was scheduled for Tuesday evening due to already currently scheduled Ops happening around the city and me being free for the evening. Unfortunately there was no-one available to head down to Denholm to capture the portal and hack the keys, so after adjusting timings to have the fields up for the 3am checkpoint I would have time to do this in order to complete the plan. Initial blocks were identified, mostly to the West of the city which would have to be dealt with. A lot of these were in predominately resistance held areas so would not be a simple task to capture / hold, working in our favour the planned Operations included wiping out some of these areas and we already had agents geared up and ready for it. Slight adjustments to the plans ensuring that no links were thrown which would block our plans as well as putting blockers in place to keep the channel open and advance warning of possible problems. So on Monday night phase 1 was started, half of the Resistance blockers we dropped and a few of our own put in place, so far things were working and we were still on track to succeed.
Tuesday afternoon and Intel operators were regularly checking lanes and highlighting any issues, more blockers were slowly coming down in preparation for the base link being fired at 10:30pm. Spreading the takedowns out over the course of 24 hours felt to be the best way to avoid raising too much suspicion, especially when some portals regrettably had to be introduced to ADA. Everything was on track until about 6pm links started crossing from Penicuik into Newtongrange blocking our path. The call went out for help clearing them as the agents already involved would not have time to clear them as well as their tasks, success the hit squad was mobilised a few hours later in order to avoid them taking the portals back and re-instating the links. 8pm and it was time for me to move from planning to operations, car fully fuelled, phone, tablet, battery pack, Handsfree headset charged and on, snacks, the essential cup of coffee and the MU Wagon was rolling! While I was driving the fields in East Lothian were being dropped and blocking links put in place to allow for the links from St Andrews clear access.
The 70 mile drive down to Denholm took just over an hour and a half stopping off in Melrose to take out a blocking link heading south, capturing a few uniques there before continuing the last few miles south. Intel operators were busy watching active Res agents who were very close to throwing a spanner in the works, keys and scanners in hand ready for action, it turned out they didn’t get in the way and they could stand down. Arriving in Denholm it wasn’t hard to find the portal being the only one there and right in the middle of town, catching up on what had been happening during my drive. Finally the portal was successfully captured! Let the hacking commence, doing this solo I had to use hack mods to get enough keys for the layers and some spare which also meant that it would have no shields. So once I had the keys I needed it was introduced to ADA and then destroyed, re-captured and shielded. Now the moment of truth, the team was in position patiently standing by for the go order to take down the last remaining blocker and it was down!
How long does it feel when you are waiting to fire that first important link of a field, a 100km link through a normally congested channel and it was possible! 22.45 and a sense of accomplishment and excitement as you press confirm, the confirmation as your scanner lights up and your link appears! Time to get back in the car and nervously drive the 107 miles north to St Andrews hoping the link will still be standing when I get there, knowing that a normally active Resistance agent was active just minutes before. He was one of the agents likely to be willing to drive up and walk out to the castle to drop the link! This had been thought about and we had a couple of agents on standby for the emergency run if required to meet me to get the key, recapture and link.
A quick stop off just after midnight as I entered Fife to get a fresh coffee and catch up on what was happening, I knew the link was still up as I could see it clearly in the scanner! No action from the resistance by this time so it fingers crossed we were in the clear as most agents were already off to bed, my last intel update at 12:30 meant I was now flying solo! This was nothing new for me, I generally did my fields with no intel support. I still had about 7 portals to capture through Fife in order to clear blocking links, earlier in the day I had put a base link in place for a multi-layered field. This was not uncommon for me to be out late at night layering so doing this while taking down blockers should not raise too much suspicion but it would take attention off the link to Castle Campbell. In the time I had I estimated I could do 8 layers and still get into St Andrews just after 2am, let the fielding begin! By layer 6 I was getting comms messages from a local Resistance agent who was used to my late night sessions (last time I had done the same layered field (15 layers that time) I finished off by covering his hometown of Kirkcaldy in a large field. Tonight I would only have time to put in the biggest 8 layers still giving me time to complete the main mission.
I arrived into St Andrews just a little later than expected and cleared the final blocking link, arriving at the location of the first portal a spanner was thrown into the works! The portal was in the car park of the Botanic Gardens but this is locked at night and you can’t get the portal from outside! 6 layers just became 5! Not to be stopped I went to the next two portals which were beside each other and captured them, this was the real test now! Would BOTH links go through??? And success, both portals were linkable! I was so excited by this time. The link down to Denholm in place I just had to link to Castle Campbell and the first field would be up, my finger descending on the confirm button and just as I was about to make contact the key jumped!!! Where did I link it to?? It had jumped to a portal close to Castle Campbell but hadn’t blocked the link so 2nd time lucky I waited longer to ensure I wouldn’t have the same issue and Finally the field went up! Giving 385,523 MU for the team. Now layer 2, after waiting on the link screen loading there was a problem!! I couldn’t link to Castle Campbell!! My miss-link blocked any further layers!! Kicking myself with frustration I had to ADA the first portal to drop the link and start again, this time I waited longer to ensure I wouldn’t make the same mistake, layer 1 re-instated and layer two giving 385,661 MU! It was now time to check intel and look for another portal to allow my 6 layers. Working by sight only as I didn’t have time to wait on Intel drawing tools I figured if I changed the last 3 anchors I would be able to get a 6th layer in, the best plans are ones which can be flexible and occasionally re-written. Off I ran, layer 3 went up without a hitch giving another 386,174MU, capturing anchors 4 and 5 was another nerve wracking moment as I wasn’t 100% sure they would link as they were chosen by sight and I was getting tired. Field 4 went up offering 387,623MU, field 5 seemed to use a shoe horn but it did squeeze through adding 387,735MU to the score. Looking at the phone it was 02:50 am and one last layer to go. Luckily it was just a couple of minutes’ walk round the back of the building so off I went, portal captured, deployed and the last field was up! 387,889MU and still 5 minutes to spare! 6 x Layers over Edinburgh and Fife giving a grand total of 2,320,623MU
Walking back to the car and time to check on the last few HO messages, screenshots of the fields as they went up were being posted already! There was still time for me to thank the rest of the team even though most of them wouldn’t see them until the morning. Mission completed and now only a few seconds to wait for the scores and see how close me managed to get. What a shock when I saw that we hadn’t just got close, hadn’t matched but had regained the lead by 20K over the cycle due to winning every measurement other than the one where the #unight16 field was standing! Really put a smile on my face and confirmed that the operation was really worth it!
Scanner messages were already coming in from agents in Edinburgh who were still up playing, although now not able to field! 3:30am and mission well and truly accomplished, before starting the hour’s drive home I decided to have a walk around and Enlighten St Andrews. I still had a few portals I hadn’t captured the last time I visited so seemed a waste not to take them while I was there! A short stop in Cupar to re-decorate before finally getting home about 5am, quite the day! I had been up since 6am on Tuesday morning, 9 hours at work and then 9 hours of ingress yet I wasn’t ready for sleep!
Before leaving the house I had noted my MU Captured score which was 6,140,106 and after completing the mission it was 9,267,329 taking off the 385,523 as I had to field the first layer twice this meant I had captured 2,741,700 MU in 5 hours!
NR03-JULIET-03 Has now been under Enlightened control for the past 30 cycles!
Agent Name Role / Roles
@scotsman72 Planning / Clearing / Fielding
@RougeComputer Blocker / Key sharing / Intel
@mresheep Clearing / Emergency response
@NyxTempest Intel
@Phaous Portal capture / Key sharing / Intel / Emergency Response
@Dreema Portal capture / Key sharing / Intel / Emergency Response Driver
@Kashandra Key Sharing
@Longdoll Clearing
@Ezicc Clearing / Blocking / Intel
@BigGirlsDontCry Clearing
@TrojanSkin Clearing
@Holyroller Clearing
@DubSparrow Clearing
@Teamworld Clearing
@Chapelhill Clearing / Blocker
@ROSCO Clearing
@AlulimEridug Clearing / Key Swap
@RobAdair Clearing/Blocker
I hope I have not forgotten anyone or their assistance, if I have please let me know.
#intelisnotacrime #ingress Enlightened UK Enlightened Scotland #enlightened Ingress Joe Philley Brian Rose #notinmycell #ingressreport Enlightened Edinburgh Access #EnlightenedEdinburgh Niantic Project #edinburgh








Originally shared by Craig C (Scotsman72)
Official Sitrep for Operation Pheonix – 27th / 28th January 2015
Enlightened – NR03-JULIET-03
On 25th January turning on my scanner to find myself swimming in a sea of deep blue was quite a shock, checking on Intel and after a long delay discovering the spectacle of #unight16 #u16ukire I was firstly amazed at the size and scope of the Operation which had been completed. Well done to everyone who was involved! A massive 3.5 Million MU in our cell was very impressive but also quite a blow for our team.
It seemed to unanimous that the gauntlet had been thrown, we were not going to sit back and lose this cycle! We had worked hard to win the past 29 and did not want one field to be our downfall, the challenge had been accepted! As it was half way through the cycle we had our work cut out for us. The team was motivated and so I pulled up the Intel map and started looking for possible fielding opportunities allowing for multiple layers within distance and using keys / portals we currently had to reduce the work required to make it happen. This option was not going to work so back to Intel and after a lot of creeping on Intel checking for vacant portals in the target area I had my sights set on Denholm Green Memorial. The other anchors were Castle Campbell and St Andrews for the multiple layers. I estimated the 6 layers would give us approx. 1.8 Million MU which may not bring us into the lead but certainly close the gap between us.
We had limited time available (3 days) until the end of the cycle, the fielding was scheduled for Tuesday evening due to already currently scheduled Ops happening around the city and me being free for the evening. Unfortunately there was no-one available to head down to Denholm to capture the portal and hack the keys, so after adjusting timings to have the fields up for the 3am checkpoint I would have time to do this in order to complete the plan. Initial blocks were identified, mostly to the West of the city which would have to be dealt with. A lot of these were in predominately resistance held areas so would not be a simple task to capture / hold, working in our favour the planned Operations included wiping out some of these areas and we already had agents geared up and ready for it. Slight adjustments to the plans ensuring that no links were thrown which would block our plans as well as putting blockers in place to keep the channel open and advance warning of possible problems. So on Monday night phase 1 was started, half of the Resistance blockers we dropped and a few of our own put in place, so far things were working and we were still on track to succeed.
Tuesday afternoon and Intel operators were regularly checking lanes and highlighting any issues, more blockers were slowly coming down in preparation for the base link being fired at 10:30pm. Spreading the takedowns out over the course of 24 hours felt to be the best way to avoid raising too much suspicion, especially when some portals regrettably had to be introduced to ADA. Everything was on track until about 6pm links started crossing from Penicuik into Newtongrange blocking our path. The call went out for help clearing them as the agents already involved would not have time to clear them as well as their tasks, success the hit squad was mobilised a few hours later in order to avoid them taking the portals back and re-instating the links. 8pm and it was time for me to move from planning to operations, car fully fuelled, phone, tablet, battery pack, Handsfree headset charged and on, snacks, the essential cup of coffee and the MU Wagon was rolling! While I was driving the fields in East Lothian were being dropped and blocking links put in place to allow for the links from St Andrews clear access.
The 70 mile drive down to Denholm took just over an hour and a half stopping off in Melrose to take out a blocking link heading south, capturing a few uniques there before continuing the last few miles south. Intel operators were busy watching active Res agents who were very close to throwing a spanner in the works, keys and scanners in hand ready for action, it turned out they didn’t get in the way and they could stand down. Arriving in Denholm it wasn’t hard to find the portal being the only one there and right in the middle of town, catching up on what had been happening during my drive. Finally the portal was successfully captured! Let the hacking commence, doing this solo I had to use hack mods to get enough keys for the layers and some spare which also meant that it would have no shields. So once I had the keys I needed it was introduced to ADA and then destroyed, re-captured and shielded. Now the moment of truth, the team was in position patiently standing by for the go order to take down the last remaining blocker and it was down!
How long does it feel when you are waiting to fire that first important link of a field, a 100km link through a normally congested channel and it was possible! 22.45 and a sense of accomplishment and excitement as you press confirm, the confirmation as your scanner lights up and your link appears! Time to get back in the car and nervously drive the 107 miles north to St Andrews hoping the link will still be standing when I get there, knowing that a normally active Resistance agent was active just minutes before. He was one of the agents likely to be willing to drive up and walk out to the castle to drop the link! This had been thought about and we had a couple of agents on standby for the emergency run if required to meet me to get the key, recapture and link.
A quick stop off just after midnight as I entered Fife to get a fresh coffee and catch up on what was happening, I knew the link was still up as I could see it clearly in the scanner! No action from the resistance by this time so it fingers crossed we were in the clear as most agents were already off to bed, my last intel update at 12:30 meant I was now flying solo! This was nothing new for me, I generally did my fields with no intel support. I still had about 7 portals to capture through Fife in order to clear blocking links, earlier in the day I had put a base link in place for a multi-layered field. This was not uncommon for me to be out late at night layering so doing this while taking down blockers should not raise too much suspicion but it would take attention off the link to Castle Campbell. In the time I had I estimated I could do 8 layers and still get into St Andrews just after 2am, let the fielding begin! By layer 6 I was getting comms messages from a local Resistance agent who was used to my late night sessions (last time I had done the same layered field (15 layers that time) I finished off by covering his hometown of Kirkcaldy in a large field. Tonight I would only have time to put in the biggest 8 layers still giving me time to complete the main mission.
I arrived into St Andrews just a little later than expected and cleared the final blocking link, arriving at the location of the first portal a spanner was thrown into the works! The portal was in the car park of the Botanic Gardens but this is locked at night and you can’t get the portal from outside! 6 layers just became 5! Not to be stopped I went to the next two portals which were beside each other and captured them, this was the real test now! Would BOTH links go through??? And success, both portals were linkable! I was so excited by this time. The link down to Denholm in place I just had to link to Castle Campbell and the first field would be up, my finger descending on the confirm button and just as I was about to make contact the key jumped!!! Where did I link it to?? It had jumped to a portal close to Castle Campbell but hadn’t blocked the link so 2nd time lucky I waited longer to ensure I wouldn’t have the same issue and Finally the field went up! Giving 385,523 MU for the team. Now layer 2, after waiting on the link screen loading there was a problem!! I couldn’t link to Castle Campbell!! My miss-link blocked any further layers!! Kicking myself with frustration I had to ADA the first portal to drop the link and start again, this time I waited longer to ensure I wouldn’t make the same mistake, layer 1 re-instated and layer two giving 385,661 MU! It was now time to check intel and look for another portal to allow my 6 layers. Working by sight only as I didn’t have time to wait on Intel drawing tools I figured if I changed the last 3 anchors I would be able to get a 6th layer in, the best plans are ones which can be flexible and occasionally re-written. Off I ran, layer 3 went up without a hitch giving another 386,174MU, capturing anchors 4 and 5 was another nerve wracking moment as I wasn’t 100% sure they would link as they were chosen by sight and I was getting tired. Field 4 went up offering 387,623MU, field 5 seemed to use a shoe horn but it did squeeze through adding 387,735MU to the score. Looking at the phone it was 02:50 am and one last layer to go. Luckily it was just a couple of minutes’ walk round the back of the building so off I went, portal captured, deployed and the last field was up! 387,889MU and still 5 minutes to spare! 6 x Layers over Edinburgh and Fife giving a grand total of 2,320,623MU
Walking back to the car and time to check on the last few HO messages, screenshots of the fields as they went up were being posted already! There was still time for me to thank the rest of the team even though most of them wouldn’t see them until the morning. Mission completed and now only a few seconds to wait for the scores and see how close me managed to get. What a shock when I saw that we hadn’t just got close, hadn’t matched but had regained the lead by 20K over the cycle due to winning every measurement other than the one where the #unight16 field was standing! Really put a smile on my face and confirmed that the operation was really worth it!
Scanner messages were already coming in from agents in Edinburgh who were still up playing, although now not able to field! 3:30am and mission well and truly accomplished, before starting the hour’s drive home I decided to have a walk around and Enlighten St Andrews. I still had a few portals I hadn’t captured the last time I visited so seemed a waste not to take them while I was there! A short stop in Cupar to re-decorate before finally getting home about 5am, quite the day! I had been up since 6am on Tuesday morning, 9 hours at work and then 9 hours of ingress yet I wasn’t ready for sleep!
Before leaving the house I had noted my MU Captured score which was 6,140,106 and after completing the mission it was 9,267,329 taking off the 385,523 as I had to field the first layer twice this meant I had captured 2,741,700 MU in 5 hours!
NR03-JULIET-03 Has now been under Enlightened control for the past 30 cycles!
Agent Name Role / Roles
@scotsman72 Planning / Clearing / Fielding
@RougeComputer Blocker / Key sharing / Intel
@mresheep Clearing / Emergency response
@NyxTempest Intel
@Phaous Portal capture / Key sharing / Intel / Emergency Response
@Dreema Portal capture / Key sharing / Intel / Emergency Response Driver
@Kashandra Key Sharing
@Longdoll Clearing
@Ezicc Clearing / Blocking / Intel
@BigGirlsDontCry Clearing
@TrojanSkin Clearing
@Holyroller Clearing
@DubSparrow Clearing
@Teamworld Clearing
@Chapelhill Clearing / Blocker
@ROSCO Clearing
@AlulimEridug Clearing / Key Swap
@RobAdair Clearing/Blocker
I hope I have not forgotten anyone or their assistance, if I have please let me know.
#intelisnotacrime #ingress Enlightened UK Enlightened Scotland #enlightened Ingress Joe Philley Brian Rose #notinmycell #ingressreport Enlightened Edinburgh Access #EnlightenedEdinburgh Niantic Project #edinburgh



Comments
Post a Comment