Happy to have you on our team!
Happy to have you on our team!
Originally shared by David Dellsperger
Today is a day that I've been looking forward to for a while. Well, at least ever since I got my T-Shirt from Valerie Wallace. I've now been playing this amazing game #Ingress for 2 years. Interestingly enough, it happened to coincide with a potential day of getting Onyx Guardian (which happened).
Of all of the things that I've done, I think my presence among people who I've never met in person is probably the most intriguing/interesting.
Back during #Minotaur I was able to assist in some of the coolest operations at the time. I was able to go in and program a solution to crack the time of measurements based on One Time Pads and just a small amount of knowledge of possible strings. It was an effort that I started after seeing the logical manner that the string were set in to begin with. By the last measurement of #Minotaur I was able to successfully crack the measurement time and send the information to all sites. After hearing what it was like on the ground (only recently) from Alan Talkington I'm happy I took that time to do it.
After #Minotaur I was able to devote some time to optimizing this code seeing that #Cassandra had similar decryption string. But they became more complex and longer. I was still able to get at least 1 measurement time per site for Cassandra and with the network that had been built post-Minotaur, we were able to get it to the ground. #Cassandra was really the first time where global intelligence became super imperative, and it was cool being on somewhat of the ground floor of it with people like Nikolas Moore.
After #Cassandra my focus shifted to my own life. I wrote my Masters Thesis, Got on the ingress report ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDkyJVqJGpk ) Defended my Masters Thesis, started a job search, had some interviews, was offered positions, picked a place to live, graduated Graduate School, Had my first on-ground anomaly experience, started my job, had some more on-ground anomaly experience, met Joe Philley who was stranded at an airport, became a team lead (thanks Corey Peoples) and did a lot of anomaly fun with Matt Urich and now do a lot more behind-the-scenes technology-like things in Kansas City.
I'm very happy to be where I am, I'm happy to have met all of you people while playing the game, it's a blast, it's stressful, but it also gives me great job to help out with the events the way I'm able to!
#ingressYearTwo #TwoYearsOfIngress #Ingress
Brandon Badger John Hanke Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose Ingress Niantic Project NIA Ops

Originally shared by David Dellsperger
Today is a day that I've been looking forward to for a while. Well, at least ever since I got my T-Shirt from Valerie Wallace. I've now been playing this amazing game #Ingress for 2 years. Interestingly enough, it happened to coincide with a potential day of getting Onyx Guardian (which happened).
Of all of the things that I've done, I think my presence among people who I've never met in person is probably the most intriguing/interesting.
Back during #Minotaur I was able to assist in some of the coolest operations at the time. I was able to go in and program a solution to crack the time of measurements based on One Time Pads and just a small amount of knowledge of possible strings. It was an effort that I started after seeing the logical manner that the string were set in to begin with. By the last measurement of #Minotaur I was able to successfully crack the measurement time and send the information to all sites. After hearing what it was like on the ground (only recently) from Alan Talkington I'm happy I took that time to do it.
After #Minotaur I was able to devote some time to optimizing this code seeing that #Cassandra had similar decryption string. But they became more complex and longer. I was still able to get at least 1 measurement time per site for Cassandra and with the network that had been built post-Minotaur, we were able to get it to the ground. #Cassandra was really the first time where global intelligence became super imperative, and it was cool being on somewhat of the ground floor of it with people like Nikolas Moore.
After #Cassandra my focus shifted to my own life. I wrote my Masters Thesis, Got on the ingress report ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDkyJVqJGpk ) Defended my Masters Thesis, started a job search, had some interviews, was offered positions, picked a place to live, graduated Graduate School, Had my first on-ground anomaly experience, started my job, had some more on-ground anomaly experience, met Joe Philley who was stranded at an airport, became a team lead (thanks Corey Peoples) and did a lot of anomaly fun with Matt Urich and now do a lot more behind-the-scenes technology-like things in Kansas City.
I'm very happy to be where I am, I'm happy to have met all of you people while playing the game, it's a blast, it's stressful, but it also gives me great job to help out with the events the way I'm able to!
#ingressYearTwo #TwoYearsOfIngress #Ingress
Brandon Badger John Hanke Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose Ingress Niantic Project NIA Ops

Happy to be on this team, Joe!
ReplyDelete