Life as a hard core #IngressAgent
Life as a hard core #IngressAgent
"I've stayed up all night more nights than i can count for varying reasons... Intel, fields, builds, driving. I've met some of my now closest friends. I have seen and learned so much from the portals I've visited. I've gone places I never would have gone were it not for my scanner."
Originally shared by Samantha Graham
2 years... wow... has it really been that long?
So much can happen in two years.
Through my scanner I have seen so much.
I've made friends around the world, both RES and ENL.
I've seen the best and I've seen the worst.
In the beginning, I was that significant other who went out gallivanting with her fiance, no scanner in hand for hours after work; who grew to curse the game; who learned to love the game.
My now husband, Andrew Mancini , began playing in December 2012. As he was asked to select his faction he almost selected Enlightened, then asked me which side he should pick. My reply: BLUE, of course! Little did I know what kind of impact that decision would have on my life...
In his adventures we eventually met Ray McKenna one cold night in Hartford (and yes, Ray was in his peacoat and loafers!) who had an extra invite code... I still had no invite at this time, so Ray was kind enough to forward the invite code to Andrew. However, Andrew gave this code to his best friend... so I waited... and I waited.
Finally I received my invite code on 28 Jan 2013. I struggled to pick an Agent Name. I tried Stegosaurus... taken. Tried Stegosaur... taken. Finally, I tried Stego... SUCCESS!
I slowly meandered through the small number of portals we had back then and made my way up to L4 ... causally playing here and there, but my heart wasn't in it at the time (surprising, right?!).
In April, I took a new job... one with a 75 mile commute each way. Boy did that change everything. I played on my way to and from work, stopping at all the major clusters along my commute, hoping for some sweet AP.
I eventually hit L8 in August. No, I didn't hit 1.2M on the money, and no, I don't remember the exact date. I do however remember that my commute home took almost 7 hours... because I decided that night was the night. I needed about 250K AP. I played in Westport, Fairfield and West Haven before it started to rain. I still needed 133K AP. I made my way to Hartford... hoping that there would be enough AP for me there. I'd only played Ingress there on foot, never by car. It was raining, though, so I had no other choice. Hack by hack, deploy by deploy, link by link, and field by field... this was taking way too long. I hated cargress. I preferred to walk, even back then, and this was killing me. I finally hit L8 on the 1st Connecticut Heavy Artillery cannon by the CT State Capitol.
Since then, my life has never been the same.
I've stayed up all night more nights than i can count for varying reasons... Intel, fields, builds, driving. I've met some of my now closest friends. I have seen and learned so much from the portals I've visited. I've gone places I never would have gone were it not for my scanner.
Some highlights (by no means a complete list!) :
-played ingress in 4 countries
-played in 24 US States and one Canadian Province
-visited 16,309 portals
-made the list of ingress top 1000 agents!
-hung out with Joe Philley and Brian Rose and the Niantic Labs team at the Google Venice office.
-present for the first P8s built in CT (as a lowly RL4, no less)
-fielded over Hartford, CT in deep layers more times than I can count
-watch my original guardian get killed by a drive by jarvis at day 103 way back when badges were still pretty new (thanks Marcos Pena , my stress level went waaaaaay down that day!)
-organized BBQs/Meetups/New Player Events long before #IngressFS existed
-made crazy field artwork with Andrew Mancini Ray McKenna Karol Kuczaj and many others
-fielded my cell (https://plus.google.com/+SamanthaMancini/posts/akT797oWJZa)
-helped field a neighboring cell (AM01-MIKE-01)
-helped with some really awesome SFLR fields (Daniel Silver :D )
-had RP8s at my wedding
-used my scanner to navigate Rome and Paris on my honeymoon.
-handled 13 Magnus Jarvis Shard 1
-handled two Recursion Artifacts (#7&8) ... one of them loved me so much it came back #nosleepever #nevergonnatalkaboutitagain
-Unight8
-Unight16
-Largest P8 farm build in Gettysburg (at the time of the build)
-Interitus Ishinomaki
-Interitus Ashville
-Interitus Gettysburg
-Helios Boston (Cambridge, really!)
-Helios Philadelphia (Philanomaly!!)
-Darsana Hartford
I can't tag you all, so I'm not going to tag anyone. You know who you are... the agents who have made a difference in my life (in and outside of #Ingress )
Enjoy the pictures from my life over the last two years. I've gone to some really beautiful places and seen some really amazing things thanks to my scanner.
((Forgive any typos... I'm sure edits will be coming... and sorry for the lack of captions in the pictures initially... I spent so long doing captions... and then apparently wasn't in a text box and hit backspace...and went back a page in my browser... losing the original post text and everything else...))
Thank you for a wonderful two years of fun, growth, and enrichment. My life will never be the same. It's time to get up and move.














"I've stayed up all night more nights than i can count for varying reasons... Intel, fields, builds, driving. I've met some of my now closest friends. I have seen and learned so much from the portals I've visited. I've gone places I never would have gone were it not for my scanner."
Originally shared by Samantha Graham
2 years... wow... has it really been that long?
So much can happen in two years.
Through my scanner I have seen so much.
I've made friends around the world, both RES and ENL.
I've seen the best and I've seen the worst.
In the beginning, I was that significant other who went out gallivanting with her fiance, no scanner in hand for hours after work; who grew to curse the game; who learned to love the game.
My now husband, Andrew Mancini , began playing in December 2012. As he was asked to select his faction he almost selected Enlightened, then asked me which side he should pick. My reply: BLUE, of course! Little did I know what kind of impact that decision would have on my life...
In his adventures we eventually met Ray McKenna one cold night in Hartford (and yes, Ray was in his peacoat and loafers!) who had an extra invite code... I still had no invite at this time, so Ray was kind enough to forward the invite code to Andrew. However, Andrew gave this code to his best friend... so I waited... and I waited.
Finally I received my invite code on 28 Jan 2013. I struggled to pick an Agent Name. I tried Stegosaurus... taken. Tried Stegosaur... taken. Finally, I tried Stego... SUCCESS!
I slowly meandered through the small number of portals we had back then and made my way up to L4 ... causally playing here and there, but my heart wasn't in it at the time (surprising, right?!).
In April, I took a new job... one with a 75 mile commute each way. Boy did that change everything. I played on my way to and from work, stopping at all the major clusters along my commute, hoping for some sweet AP.
I eventually hit L8 in August. No, I didn't hit 1.2M on the money, and no, I don't remember the exact date. I do however remember that my commute home took almost 7 hours... because I decided that night was the night. I needed about 250K AP. I played in Westport, Fairfield and West Haven before it started to rain. I still needed 133K AP. I made my way to Hartford... hoping that there would be enough AP for me there. I'd only played Ingress there on foot, never by car. It was raining, though, so I had no other choice. Hack by hack, deploy by deploy, link by link, and field by field... this was taking way too long. I hated cargress. I preferred to walk, even back then, and this was killing me. I finally hit L8 on the 1st Connecticut Heavy Artillery cannon by the CT State Capitol.
Since then, my life has never been the same.
I've stayed up all night more nights than i can count for varying reasons... Intel, fields, builds, driving. I've met some of my now closest friends. I have seen and learned so much from the portals I've visited. I've gone places I never would have gone were it not for my scanner.
Some highlights (by no means a complete list!) :
-played ingress in 4 countries
-played in 24 US States and one Canadian Province
-visited 16,309 portals
-made the list of ingress top 1000 agents!
-hung out with Joe Philley and Brian Rose and the Niantic Labs team at the Google Venice office.
-present for the first P8s built in CT (as a lowly RL4, no less)
-fielded over Hartford, CT in deep layers more times than I can count
-watch my original guardian get killed by a drive by jarvis at day 103 way back when badges were still pretty new (thanks Marcos Pena , my stress level went waaaaaay down that day!)
-organized BBQs/Meetups/New Player Events long before #IngressFS existed
-made crazy field artwork with Andrew Mancini Ray McKenna Karol Kuczaj and many others
-fielded my cell (https://plus.google.com/+SamanthaMancini/posts/akT797oWJZa)
-helped field a neighboring cell (AM01-MIKE-01)
-helped with some really awesome SFLR fields (Daniel Silver :D )
-had RP8s at my wedding
-used my scanner to navigate Rome and Paris on my honeymoon.
-handled 13 Magnus Jarvis Shard 1
-handled two Recursion Artifacts (#7&8) ... one of them loved me so much it came back #nosleepever #nevergonnatalkaboutitagain
-Unight8
-Unight16
-Largest P8 farm build in Gettysburg (at the time of the build)
-Interitus Ishinomaki
-Interitus Ashville
-Interitus Gettysburg
-Helios Boston (Cambridge, really!)
-Helios Philadelphia (Philanomaly!!)
-Darsana Hartford
I can't tag you all, so I'm not going to tag anyone. You know who you are... the agents who have made a difference in my life (in and outside of #Ingress )
Enjoy the pictures from my life over the last two years. I've gone to some really beautiful places and seen some really amazing things thanks to my scanner.
((Forgive any typos... I'm sure edits will be coming... and sorry for the lack of captions in the pictures initially... I spent so long doing captions... and then apparently wasn't in a text box and hit backspace...and went back a page in my browser... losing the original post text and everything else...))
Thank you for a wonderful two years of fun, growth, and enrichment. My life will never be the same. It's time to get up and move.














Comments
Post a Comment