Love the name!

Love the name!

Originally shared by David Jarrell

Operation Nachos Supreme

I was approached in early December 2014 and asked if I would serve as the Alabama coordinator of #unight16 . Part of that responsibility included organizing a state (or metro area) fielding operation.

Naturally, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to plan the successor to Operation Nachos (August 2014 - 19 million MU) to coincide with Unight16. 

I contacted Jared Bonebrake, my partner in planning the original Operation Nachos, to work on ideas for the sequel, Operation Nachos Supreme. Jared and I decided to follow similar lines as before, but shifted 3 of the anchors slightly. 

The chosen anchors were: 
- Fort Morgan (at the mouth of Mobile Bay)
- New Augusta, Mississippi (near Hattiesburg)
- Monte Sano in Huntsville, Alabama
- Americus, Georgia

With lines drawn, we then moved to the key farming, key transfer and recruiting phase.

We learned with the original Operation Nachos that it takes a small army of lane clearers ("Assassins" to us) to ensure that the blocking links are removed. These agents are the true soldiers of any operation; without their help none of this would have happened. Operation Nachos Supreme consisted of nearly 2000km of link lanes, which required days of clearing and overwatch (right up to the time the fields were created!). Our Assassins are awesome!

Along with many other #unight16 state coordinators, we decided to use the 11PM (central time) checkpoint so that we could shift our full attention to clearing for the 4AM #unight16 checkpoint. I was contacted by Suzy Rodriguez (New Orleans) regarding interest in connecting to Nachos Supreme via Fort Morgan and New Augusta ( #OpGeauxSmurfs ). Also, aura f from Florida also planned to connect to Fort Morgan and Americus, which would complete coverage up the entire central gulf coast. 

On Saturday, January 17th, I went with my sons (one is agent @RollTideWes) to Fort Morgan to farm keys. We were later joined by agents Brandon Morris, Devon Johnston, and Karina Aleksandrova, who also farmed keys. I met these agents later to collect the keys they farmed.

On Tuesday, January 20th, I met agent aura f  to give her Fort Morgan keys for her planned connection out of Florida. 

On Wednesday, January 21st, I met Jared at the Waffle House in Evergreen, AL to discuss logistics and to pass off Fort Morgan keys for the Americus anchor. 

On Thursday, January 22rd, Jared met Huntsville agent Jessica Burks in Birmingham to get Huntsville keys for the Americus anchor and to give her Fort Morgan keys.

On Friday, January 23rd, Nathaniel Burks and Jessica Burks  (Huntsville) traveled to Spanish Fort, AL (near Mobile) and met myself and Ryan Wiegert. Ryan took Fort Morgan and Huntsville keys back to Mississippi (for the New Augusta anchor). 

On Saturday, January 24th, the intel operators activated our Zello channels and the clearing teams were dispatched to the remaining blockers. Anchors were prepared. Lanes were actively cleared all day and into the night, with strategic links placed in congested areas.

That afternoon, we watched as Enlightened agents made their way to Fort Morgan and turned our anchors all green. I had already planned to possibly join rodney fettinger there (I had the Fort Livingston key for the Louisiana connection), so we assumed all could be resolved before the checkpoint. Saturday night as I was driving to the fort I learned that Rodney had become stuck in Enterprise, AL with car trouble and would not make it. This left me to deal with the fort alone, but I was prepared, and was able to take a nice walk on the (chilly!) beach and then correct all anchor portals (and then some) to a nice bright blue. I also threw the Fort Livingston link. 

With the path clear, Huntsville then threw their links to Fort Morgan, then completed 3 fields to New Augusta, for a total of 1.83MMU, and New Augusta completed 7 layers for a total of 4.29MMU. West side total MU was 6.13MMU (this entire set of fields was rethrown by @Wiegler later that morning after New Augusta was destroyed). 

New Augusta also completed their link to Fort Livingston, which covered the Mississippi gulf coast and portions of Louisiana for 319k MU. 

Blockers in Florida prevented us from completing the East side fields before the 11PM checkpoint, but these were taken care of quickly, then the Americus team completed 18 layers for a total of 36.94MMU. The Florida team then completed 2 layers to Americus and Fort Morgan for 722k each, 1.4MMU total. 

Total MU Count: 
6,134,000 - West Side
36,943,101 - East Side
33,510 - Field Splits
-------------------------------------
Grand Total: 43,110,611 MU

Anchor personnel:
Fort Morgan: +David Jarrell (@joecain)

New Augusta: Ryan Wiegert (@Wiegler), Thomas Mccardle 

Monte Sano: Joshua Cazalas (@CaztheXenocide), Michelle Cazalas (@Caralith)
(Darren Abbott @Abbodarr also prepped the anchor)

Americus: Jared Bonebrake (@kermitKicker), Dixie Love (@DixieLove), @LilDixie, @GymBrat, Billy Spettel (@bleetoken), Elliot Deschamps  (@Supradedupra)

Lane Clearing Team ("Assassins"): 
@Adranth
@cailkoc
@cdandc5smom
@Caralith
@Causticfix
@CaztheXenocide
@chamomiletea
@Clgtide
@devogen
@Devowife
@dirtyvanchez 
@ellersliedog
@Flokii
@godseye
@Hiramkingoftyre
@jeroli
@kermitKicker
@kmacspeedracer 
@Lazarus5280
@Leaora
@lillunkin
@Lonfiction
@LPsSidekick
@Mauvillian
@MercuryMaiden
@MitchellRapp
@Mommysmurf
@mosephusbradley
@PaulRevere13 
@perkindo
@PianoGrl
@plasmoidia
@Prandtl13
@singingperson
@SSaint
@TheB1ueLantern
@TheBeerGnome
@TheMaryWho
@TheTimex
@trekkerj1
@UnclaimedPortal
@uncleflip
@wolverine2003
@Xaikhal
@YesThatSuperDave

Original Operation Nachos (August 2014) Sitrep: http://goo.gl/VTpMOv

On a personal note:
I'd like to once again thank everyone who poured themselves into this operation. It's very gratifying to see everything come together, even at the last minute, and for a while you couldn't really see Alabama on the map at all for all the blue. 

This was a first "trial by fire" for Brandon Morris as Intel Operator, and he did a truly fantastic job with assistance from Eleanor Pomerat (also her first time) and Rebecca Carbis (a seasoned Intel veteran). 

While I spent a couple hours on the beach in the cold, I sat back and listened to the buzz of activity in my ear on our zello channels. Everyone was doing their job well, and we seemed more like an efficient task force than just some folks playing a game. Maybe we were both. 

Joe Philley Brian Rose Anne Miles Susanna Moyer Ingress 
#OpNachosSupreme   #unight16   #toadtears   #intelisnotacrime   #sitrep   #ingress   #resistance  

We will see you all soon for Operation Nachos Bellgrande. Stay tuned...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog