Well done agents
Well done agents
Originally shared by Anne Miles
#Unight16 #U16 North America - USA Perspective
THE STORY: Unight16 is Laurent Bartholomé 's fault. He had the audacity to believe we could come together as a faction to achieve greatness.
Luckily, a lot of other people believed that too. Thousands of people believed. Though Laurent could not be with us on the op to the end, I am personally grateful for his vision. I want to say thank you.
The goals for Unight16 were simple. Train new players. Allow players to step into new roles that hadn’t before filled. Let them grow. Work with players at a city level, a state/regional level, a national level to achieve as many MU as possible and as many p8s as possible. Make everything we could blue. Where the first version, Unight8 was about a link around the world, the links in this operation were more tenuous. Not just portals, but people.
We didn’t want to use VRLA, both because its known to destabilize the game itself and because it was important to do this in a way that ANY person could access, not some elite group who has a code or pays for a promotional code. That was a key core value for us.
I worked both as a global leader and as leader in North America. Writing a summary of this operation for that number of people is impossible. I can only tell you what I saw. So this report from the USA perspective, as a global coordinator.
I saw negotiation, I saw inclusion. I saw people get angry because we brought in players never approached before instead of the same old guard. I saw others embrace those decisions and work to mentor. I saw some step away when life happened. I saw some rise up to meet and overcome impossible odds. I saw people learn on the fly. I saw leaders challenged and stretched. I saw failure. I saw redemption. I saw leaders born. I saw people in remote places find connections. I saw plans made, discarded, remade, adjusted. I saw regions that have strife find ways to work around it. I saw some regions where strife solidified. Big ops do that. Big ops point the spotlight on our strengths, our weaknesses as a team.
Inevitably the op also highlighted weaknesses in the game itself as in the final hour, the MU shift caused chaos with fields in North America unable to be linked, despite our best efforts and with what should have been clear lanes. Technical failure stopped us. Though we had warned Niantic of the impending activity in an effort to give them a herads up about server load, the activity ended up being by our reckoning larger than any anomaly ever, globally. And all links ghosted after cp 15 On Jan 25.
That’s the only thing that really could have stopped us. Those of you who think there were no fields? understand this was city, state national and global in scale. Check out the MU.
I’ve never known such amazing hearts. Big props to those teams that kept trying. Corey Peoples Bryan Massey in particular. Big props also to those teams who hiked for hours only to discover satellite service failure. You are heroes too. Thank you Dwayne Maxwell for working so hard to make this work.
But you who were affected by tech didn’t fail, not by a long shot. I can only say to those who worked and planned and tried for this that you were essential and that what you did mattered. What you did will be remembered and mean much in days to come.
In the East USA we saw the first set of fields ever to field the East coast in its entirety.New L8 Agent AnaEnchantress threw one field for 42 million MU alone. It was epic. State and regional and metro fields went up.
Our portals were moved and deleted, we had challenges getting keys moved. We had very remote areas that we had to get to and cover. We had cowboys who wanted to try to do it all alone and intel from their car (no!!!) They had to grow and learn to accept help. We had financial and logistical issues. People had to arrange to stay on islands. We had thousands of miles driven, a few fender benders. My truck blew up an hour before going to meet a courier and i had to rent a car to get to him in time as he was here for only two hours before his flight left again. Then I had to buy a car in order to keep going. A helicopter was rented on one side of the world. A huge summit was worked around in another part of the world. The date changed and we had to coordinate that with the planet and get them all to agree. Never mind getting them to agree in the first place. In another region, two hugely amazing groups had strife and had to give in, trust me personally and help, even when it meant setting aside anger. When it meant working for a bigger cause, they came through. And they did, despite serious differences that still remain. (Thank you, both of you.)
I saw people with no fields in their region work to help us regardless of the fact they would have no glory. I saw places that have real life governments at odds work to coordinate through intermediaries even though doing so could literally risk their lives. I saw spies try to infiltrate us. I saw faction changers cause problems. I saw people overcome impossible things.
In the USA, we coordinated all 50 states. No one was left out. All had the opportunity to join in and we saw teamwork on a scale never before seen. In Canada, we saw the same. In Mexico we had heroes.
One courier’s report:
drove over 350 miles, flew 14 legs, 28 hours 10 minutes, 9673 miles flown. Agents met: 5 Keys exchanged: 70+
(This man flew around the USA. )
This is another report from ONE MAN who helped:
550 miles ....
2 tanks of gas ....
18 hours of driving ....
30 degrees (F) of temperature increase ....
60.7KMU ....
69 enemy links destroyed ....
2 friendly links destroyed ....
Multiply this by thousands, you begin to understand what happened.
Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about a “Beautiful game” But humor me while I include this idea yet again. This idea is what drives me personally as I play and is the philosophy behind this operation. Its from a book by Patrick Rothfuss.
Throughout the book, the protagonist plays tak against a formidable opponent. After a particularly close match, the protagonist remarks that he is getting better. His opponent remarks that this could not be further from the truth. He ruthlessly crushes the protagonist in several games, and then explains:
“’I am trying to make you understand the game,’ he said. ‘The entire game,not just the fiddling about with stones. The point is not to play as tight as you can. The point is to be bold. To be dangerous. Be elegant.’
He tapped the board with two fingers. ‘Any man that’s half awake can spot a trap that’s laid for him. But to stride in boldly with a plan to turn it on its ear, that is a marvelous thing.’ He smiled without any of the grimness leaving his face. ‘To set a trap and know someone will come in wary, ready with a trick of their own, then beat them. That is twice marvelous.’
Bredon’s expression softened, and his voice became almost like an entreaty. ‘Tak reflects the subtle turning of the world. It is a mirror we hold to life. No one wins a dance, boy. The point of dancing is the motion that a body makes. A well-played game of tak reveals the moving of a mind. There is a beauty to these things for those with eyes to see it.’
He gestured at the brief and brutal lay of stones between us. ‘Look at that. Why would I ever want to win a game such as this?’
I looked down at the board. ‘The point isn’t to win?’ I asked.
‘The point,’ Bredon said grandly, ‘is to play a beautiful game.’ He lifted his hands and shrugged, his face breaking into a beatific smile. ‘Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?’”
Thank you to every agent involved, for playing a beautiful game.
I designed the Unight16 logo. It means more than you know. It’s a mandala formed by the Resistance Key Frame, 16 of them linked together to form a net for the planet. It forms a lotus which is the seat of consciousness and the world is at the center. Over all is the Resistance key.
We are the Resistance. We are Bigger on the Inside. We are very close.
One World, One Cause.
The STATS:
In North America:
Fields were made that encompassed at minimum 175 million MU with reports still flooding in. At minimum 3000 p8 portals were made. Final figures will be released to our team as they are counted.
The numbers of new fielders and the impact is not truly known yet. One response I got sums that up rather well:
“By the way, thanks for all your hard work organizing and planning Unight. I had a blast and so did all of the agents who I worked with. I'm getting tons of questions about when the next one will be, and it's revitalized our state.”
HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Special thank yous go to vn Bedard-Tremblay p. little Vicki Ellen Carl Gherardi the Heart of the “Bizness”
Thank you to our liaisons for working to resolve field plan and people conflicts as they came in, working on swag, coming up with ideas, hounding people for information when needed, working on PR and media and in general keeping me from losing it. You all stepped up (even when you didnt understand things.) And for that I am grateful.
Lisa Borel .just d Dean Machikas
Thank you Brad Kostelny for your untiring effort and work.
Thank you Adam Hoang for your attention to detail and in general kickass warlording. You rock, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
Thank you to @Templario13 @Ugablade @ElCodigo y su equipo bello along with Michael Wylie for stepping up at the eleventh hour to battle for blocks in northern Mexico that affected our Texas and southwest US fields. You didn’t have to and you did, and for that I will be forever personally grateful. muchisimo gracias!!
Thank you T. True my rock and right hand. Your phone calls kept me sane, your work can’t be given enough praise. Also ...Thank you S. for all your help and solid advice.
Thank you Bryan V. and Jon Pohlkamp for doing the IMPOSSIBLE with lanes from the insane mind of Kentucky nutball like me. You were champions. You had the worst of it no doubt as well as the Corpus Christi team. Incredible work. Thank you Phill Faber William Olsen for your work in planning the larger fields with me, especially in the West.
Thank you wother r for ...REDACTED!!!
Thank you to my husband, Rod Miles for your insane work through this. And Rod, you are my best support and friend. Thanks for tolerating months of no sleep. And no dinner. Thank you for walking lanes and organizing and holding me up.
Thank you Roger @Cukediver for taking a snowmobile up Hellgate at 8pm to remove a blocker!
Thank you David Dellsperger for your work to get great shots of our fields.
Thank you to Kent Burton for jumping in after a car wreck. You are the best.
Thank you to everyone who walked a lane, built a portal, sat by an anchor in the cold or drove to kill a blocker. Thank you to you who argued with me. You made this op better. You know who you are.
Finally thank you to everyone whose guardian was killed, whose link or field was jarvised, to anyone who didnt know why. Thank you.
and to my Buffalo guys, hey. you finally got covered! I promised you would.
SPECIAL THANKS TO LEADS and REGIONAL COORDINATORS, HEROES ALL:
@sys6yx
@Tryskel
@firstdegree
@wother
@rio5
@BIGfin86
@BigDaddyBoz
@KingConstantine
@koz9
@UnHolyPurifier
@rxxxdevin
@Ma1aKai
@NeddLudd
@EmteeAK
@stoopedusername
@DJGi
@TheRedSeven
@Scurry
@joecain
@WuTangFlan
@Reineday
@R3SISTANCE
@Riptides
@flexyournoggin
@ivanrussell
@Ba1r0g
@Bareen
@Azmael
@TheShadows
@sparq
@JonathanConnor
@9F67XUM8
@Peeps
@uhaulidaho
@killllerB24
@ForceXXI
@HalfJacket
@ElusiveDream
@DarkKn1ght
@IIIIllll
@mrowwy
@SmurfasaurusRex
@Teffys
@SmurfasaurusRex
@3ch01c
@taaron
@TikkiGod
@Euclidean
@Clamdozer
@azombi
@unicornchaser
@Drax1337
@thekat03
@WarCrazed
@Mannyman18
@GWBBQ
@Lodeexe
@SophiaHunter
@DWhip25
@jeffchannell
@Andrain
@gocougs
@pastordegato
@dababe
@EllaMinnowPea
@JosephEBushey
@AtlasOps
@Temporamutantur(damn goth)
@bigledge
@RiKoT14
@itshappening
@bigledge
@Wiegler
@IIlIIllIllIIlIl
@xXRegulatorXx
@AzDesertBrew
@Euclidean
@landspeed
@Fahlcor
@Chrine
If I left anyone out? Let me know asap so you may be added! (Did you fill out the FORM????? LOL)
More screenshots:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13b4JbG2AY0tZv1le___SvhwuyUVMvUh0CsPG8VKpEJU/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs
High Res Screenshots
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx-XS3cZkeddfmxraWlfbnF2aVBRRXI3QUw2clNTbV9NbTk5bXRJTVNidnpHclJGV3FkV0E&usp=sharing
I’m agent @R1verS0ng, Louisville Ingress Resistance, SectionSix.
Thank you for letting me serve you.
John Hanke Joe Philley Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose Ingress
#u16 #unight16 #resistance #ifightforPhilley














Originally shared by Anne Miles
#Unight16 #U16 North America - USA Perspective
THE STORY: Unight16 is Laurent Bartholomé 's fault. He had the audacity to believe we could come together as a faction to achieve greatness.
Luckily, a lot of other people believed that too. Thousands of people believed. Though Laurent could not be with us on the op to the end, I am personally grateful for his vision. I want to say thank you.
The goals for Unight16 were simple. Train new players. Allow players to step into new roles that hadn’t before filled. Let them grow. Work with players at a city level, a state/regional level, a national level to achieve as many MU as possible and as many p8s as possible. Make everything we could blue. Where the first version, Unight8 was about a link around the world, the links in this operation were more tenuous. Not just portals, but people.
We didn’t want to use VRLA, both because its known to destabilize the game itself and because it was important to do this in a way that ANY person could access, not some elite group who has a code or pays for a promotional code. That was a key core value for us.
I worked both as a global leader and as leader in North America. Writing a summary of this operation for that number of people is impossible. I can only tell you what I saw. So this report from the USA perspective, as a global coordinator.
I saw negotiation, I saw inclusion. I saw people get angry because we brought in players never approached before instead of the same old guard. I saw others embrace those decisions and work to mentor. I saw some step away when life happened. I saw some rise up to meet and overcome impossible odds. I saw people learn on the fly. I saw leaders challenged and stretched. I saw failure. I saw redemption. I saw leaders born. I saw people in remote places find connections. I saw plans made, discarded, remade, adjusted. I saw regions that have strife find ways to work around it. I saw some regions where strife solidified. Big ops do that. Big ops point the spotlight on our strengths, our weaknesses as a team.
Inevitably the op also highlighted weaknesses in the game itself as in the final hour, the MU shift caused chaos with fields in North America unable to be linked, despite our best efforts and with what should have been clear lanes. Technical failure stopped us. Though we had warned Niantic of the impending activity in an effort to give them a herads up about server load, the activity ended up being by our reckoning larger than any anomaly ever, globally. And all links ghosted after cp 15 On Jan 25.
That’s the only thing that really could have stopped us. Those of you who think there were no fields? understand this was city, state national and global in scale. Check out the MU.
I’ve never known such amazing hearts. Big props to those teams that kept trying. Corey Peoples Bryan Massey in particular. Big props also to those teams who hiked for hours only to discover satellite service failure. You are heroes too. Thank you Dwayne Maxwell for working so hard to make this work.
But you who were affected by tech didn’t fail, not by a long shot. I can only say to those who worked and planned and tried for this that you were essential and that what you did mattered. What you did will be remembered and mean much in days to come.
In the East USA we saw the first set of fields ever to field the East coast in its entirety.New L8 Agent AnaEnchantress threw one field for 42 million MU alone. It was epic. State and regional and metro fields went up.
Our portals were moved and deleted, we had challenges getting keys moved. We had very remote areas that we had to get to and cover. We had cowboys who wanted to try to do it all alone and intel from their car (no!!!) They had to grow and learn to accept help. We had financial and logistical issues. People had to arrange to stay on islands. We had thousands of miles driven, a few fender benders. My truck blew up an hour before going to meet a courier and i had to rent a car to get to him in time as he was here for only two hours before his flight left again. Then I had to buy a car in order to keep going. A helicopter was rented on one side of the world. A huge summit was worked around in another part of the world. The date changed and we had to coordinate that with the planet and get them all to agree. Never mind getting them to agree in the first place. In another region, two hugely amazing groups had strife and had to give in, trust me personally and help, even when it meant setting aside anger. When it meant working for a bigger cause, they came through. And they did, despite serious differences that still remain. (Thank you, both of you.)
I saw people with no fields in their region work to help us regardless of the fact they would have no glory. I saw places that have real life governments at odds work to coordinate through intermediaries even though doing so could literally risk their lives. I saw spies try to infiltrate us. I saw faction changers cause problems. I saw people overcome impossible things.
In the USA, we coordinated all 50 states. No one was left out. All had the opportunity to join in and we saw teamwork on a scale never before seen. In Canada, we saw the same. In Mexico we had heroes.
One courier’s report:
drove over 350 miles, flew 14 legs, 28 hours 10 minutes, 9673 miles flown. Agents met: 5 Keys exchanged: 70+
(This man flew around the USA. )
This is another report from ONE MAN who helped:
550 miles ....
2 tanks of gas ....
18 hours of driving ....
30 degrees (F) of temperature increase ....
60.7KMU ....
69 enemy links destroyed ....
2 friendly links destroyed ....
Multiply this by thousands, you begin to understand what happened.
Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about a “Beautiful game” But humor me while I include this idea yet again. This idea is what drives me personally as I play and is the philosophy behind this operation. Its from a book by Patrick Rothfuss.
Throughout the book, the protagonist plays tak against a formidable opponent. After a particularly close match, the protagonist remarks that he is getting better. His opponent remarks that this could not be further from the truth. He ruthlessly crushes the protagonist in several games, and then explains:
“’I am trying to make you understand the game,’ he said. ‘The entire game,not just the fiddling about with stones. The point is not to play as tight as you can. The point is to be bold. To be dangerous. Be elegant.’
He tapped the board with two fingers. ‘Any man that’s half awake can spot a trap that’s laid for him. But to stride in boldly with a plan to turn it on its ear, that is a marvelous thing.’ He smiled without any of the grimness leaving his face. ‘To set a trap and know someone will come in wary, ready with a trick of their own, then beat them. That is twice marvelous.’
Bredon’s expression softened, and his voice became almost like an entreaty. ‘Tak reflects the subtle turning of the world. It is a mirror we hold to life. No one wins a dance, boy. The point of dancing is the motion that a body makes. A well-played game of tak reveals the moving of a mind. There is a beauty to these things for those with eyes to see it.’
He gestured at the brief and brutal lay of stones between us. ‘Look at that. Why would I ever want to win a game such as this?’
I looked down at the board. ‘The point isn’t to win?’ I asked.
‘The point,’ Bredon said grandly, ‘is to play a beautiful game.’ He lifted his hands and shrugged, his face breaking into a beatific smile. ‘Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?’”
Thank you to every agent involved, for playing a beautiful game.
I designed the Unight16 logo. It means more than you know. It’s a mandala formed by the Resistance Key Frame, 16 of them linked together to form a net for the planet. It forms a lotus which is the seat of consciousness and the world is at the center. Over all is the Resistance key.
We are the Resistance. We are Bigger on the Inside. We are very close.
One World, One Cause.
The STATS:
In North America:
Fields were made that encompassed at minimum 175 million MU with reports still flooding in. At minimum 3000 p8 portals were made. Final figures will be released to our team as they are counted.
The numbers of new fielders and the impact is not truly known yet. One response I got sums that up rather well:
“By the way, thanks for all your hard work organizing and planning Unight. I had a blast and so did all of the agents who I worked with. I'm getting tons of questions about when the next one will be, and it's revitalized our state.”
HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Special thank yous go to vn Bedard-Tremblay p. little Vicki Ellen Carl Gherardi the Heart of the “Bizness”
Thank you to our liaisons for working to resolve field plan and people conflicts as they came in, working on swag, coming up with ideas, hounding people for information when needed, working on PR and media and in general keeping me from losing it. You all stepped up (even when you didnt understand things.) And for that I am grateful.
Lisa Borel .just d Dean Machikas
Thank you Brad Kostelny for your untiring effort and work.
Thank you Adam Hoang for your attention to detail and in general kickass warlording. You rock, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
Thank you to @Templario13 @Ugablade @ElCodigo y su equipo bello along with Michael Wylie for stepping up at the eleventh hour to battle for blocks in northern Mexico that affected our Texas and southwest US fields. You didn’t have to and you did, and for that I will be forever personally grateful. muchisimo gracias!!
Thank you T. True my rock and right hand. Your phone calls kept me sane, your work can’t be given enough praise. Also ...Thank you S. for all your help and solid advice.
Thank you Bryan V. and Jon Pohlkamp for doing the IMPOSSIBLE with lanes from the insane mind of Kentucky nutball like me. You were champions. You had the worst of it no doubt as well as the Corpus Christi team. Incredible work. Thank you Phill Faber William Olsen for your work in planning the larger fields with me, especially in the West.
Thank you wother r for ...REDACTED!!!
Thank you to my husband, Rod Miles for your insane work through this. And Rod, you are my best support and friend. Thanks for tolerating months of no sleep. And no dinner. Thank you for walking lanes and organizing and holding me up.
Thank you Roger @Cukediver for taking a snowmobile up Hellgate at 8pm to remove a blocker!
Thank you David Dellsperger for your work to get great shots of our fields.
Thank you to Kent Burton for jumping in after a car wreck. You are the best.
Thank you to everyone who walked a lane, built a portal, sat by an anchor in the cold or drove to kill a blocker. Thank you to you who argued with me. You made this op better. You know who you are.
Finally thank you to everyone whose guardian was killed, whose link or field was jarvised, to anyone who didnt know why. Thank you.
and to my Buffalo guys, hey. you finally got covered! I promised you would.
SPECIAL THANKS TO LEADS and REGIONAL COORDINATORS, HEROES ALL:
@sys6yx
@Tryskel
@firstdegree
@wother
@rio5
@BIGfin86
@BigDaddyBoz
@KingConstantine
@koz9
@UnHolyPurifier
@rxxxdevin
@Ma1aKai
@NeddLudd
@EmteeAK
@stoopedusername
@DJGi
@TheRedSeven
@Scurry
@joecain
@WuTangFlan
@Reineday
@R3SISTANCE
@Riptides
@flexyournoggin
@ivanrussell
@Ba1r0g
@Bareen
@Azmael
@TheShadows
@sparq
@JonathanConnor
@9F67XUM8
@Peeps
@uhaulidaho
@killllerB24
@ForceXXI
@HalfJacket
@ElusiveDream
@DarkKn1ght
@IIIIllll
@mrowwy
@SmurfasaurusRex
@Teffys
@SmurfasaurusRex
@3ch01c
@taaron
@TikkiGod
@Euclidean
@Clamdozer
@azombi
@unicornchaser
@Drax1337
@thekat03
@WarCrazed
@Mannyman18
@GWBBQ
@Lodeexe
@SophiaHunter
@DWhip25
@jeffchannell
@Andrain
@gocougs
@pastordegato
@dababe
@EllaMinnowPea
@JosephEBushey
@AtlasOps
@Temporamutantur(damn goth)
@bigledge
@RiKoT14
@itshappening
@bigledge
@Wiegler
@IIlIIllIllIIlIl
@xXRegulatorXx
@AzDesertBrew
@Euclidean
@landspeed
@Fahlcor
@Chrine
If I left anyone out? Let me know asap so you may be added! (Did you fill out the FORM????? LOL)
More screenshots:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13b4JbG2AY0tZv1le___SvhwuyUVMvUh0CsPG8VKpEJU/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs
High Res Screenshots
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx-XS3cZkeddfmxraWlfbnF2aVBRRXI3QUw2clNTbV9NbTk5bXRJTVNidnpHclJGV3FkV0E&usp=sharing
I’m agent @R1verS0ng, Louisville Ingress Resistance, SectionSix.
Thank you for letting me serve you.
John Hanke Joe Philley Anne Beuttenmüller Brian Rose Ingress
#u16 #unight16 #resistance #ifightforPhilley














Ouff
ReplyDelete