Gold metal holder ! these are the last of the codes thanks everybody.


Gold metal holder ! these are the last of the codes thanks everybody.

Originally shared by Adam Gilmore

4 days in.. next week platinum.  It's great to finally see stats being collected for glyph hacking.. it's the best way to gear up!

I'll take a Jarvis if it's at all possible. #forscience , of course. ;) 

Joe Philley 
#showmeyourglyphbadge  
#glyphs

Comments

  1. Why are you descriminating against those at my level of the Badge? #NoLoveForTheGoldFishBrainersAmoungstUs   #Descrimination  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryant Moeller​ no different than recharger. Or hacker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryant Moeller Chris Etoyoc Yeah, just because some are good at it or targetted it isn't a reason for it to be called bad! 

    I personally hate it but thats because I personally am not good at it! I wouldn't suggest that a reason to change it though. I like the idea they used with it, and personally see it, as I have started to suggest recently, is a model for the Seers badge. Part 1 of that plan is my suggestion to have an App/Mode/Map for Seers that allows to Submit potential portals, see submitted portals that are yet to be approved and verify there portal worthyness (i.e. there still there, location is accurate, safe to hack, Name is appropriate, photo is good). Part B is changing Seer from a number of approved portals to a points system. Maybe 5pts for original Submitter, 2 for a better photo, 1 for confirming or rejecting its portal worthyness. Once enough cross faction approvals is done, the portal then goes on the fast track to approval.
    Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you are doing is making people do something they don't to do cause it was a "brilliant" idea (to NIA) for a badge... My bots thank you my black recruiter BTW.

    Edit: links destroyed. Fields...

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Tenkely you have bots ???? Thanks I'll pass this on and will be in touch...nice knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe Philley You may want to make a more obvious post indicating that you are out of codes, lest you continue to be spammed by #ShowMeYourGlyphBadge. It seems some agents didn't get the memo, and I'd hate to be on the receiving end of your notifications during these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do you give out codes only while Europeans are sleeping? Show a little love for non-American time zones please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the new Badge and shortly before silver...
    However, I do not understand why the points system is so complicated. For Glyph Beginners it would have been nicer to just simply count every correct glyph - even if you got only one correct in a L8 Portal.
    In this system you could the reward double points when all of them are correct and double points again when within time Bonus limit (ok, maybe except for L1 Portals ;).

    Anyway, still loving it and hope you bring a few more out soon, so everyone has a new Badge for his type of play (MU in any way is still missing... ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joe Philley The point here is not if you can do it or want do it! The point here is, I think, that a medium player does 1000 hack/week so, assuming a mean of 4 points per glyph (easily doable), you will have 4k glyph points a week... This translates to black in less than 3 months, while a black in hacking needs 200.000!
    To be a fair badge the black should be at least at 800.000 if not 1milion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where, in the Ingress Rules, does it say you have to put in exactly the same effort to get exactly the same reward? On that logic, the the Seers badge would be a hell of a lot low and the Guardian would be about 1000 days! 

    No, if they want to give the badge in this way, good luck to them and those that can get it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phillip Malone that's exactly the point - the badges are ridiculously unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Valentin Brückel But that is my point. Who said they should be balanced?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phillip Malone common sense? Basic knowledge of good game design?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Valentin Brückel But if by definition its an unbalanced game, why try and balance up the badges? What benefit do you get?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phillip Malone the benefit would be making Ingress as a whole a little more balanced. Currently, the game heavily favors the locally dominant faction and builders over destroyers. The consequence is that the game is in constant danger of becoming boring to both factions when a state has been reached where both factions can't do anything meaningful anymore. Playing as the hopelessly outgunned Underdogs is no fun and running out of opposition gets old pretty quick, too

    ReplyDelete
  16. But How would making the Translater badge harder to get address those points? How would making the recharger harder to get effect that? Ways of evening up teams joined or rate of gear acquisition based on factional control might (if a faction is mainly high level Blue, dirty hacks for greens get 3 times the gear then any hacks for Blue) might allow for evening up but it would take an amazingly large number of factors that may not make the game more fun (e.g. forcing a faction on new players meaning maybe not playing with their friends) to balance the game. Not sure I would want that or most players.

    Also, again, ,not sure how that affects badges being easier or harder to get from each other?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phillip Malone How funny of you to be in this thread supporting the diversity of badges and how they are earned, but whined like a kid over the missions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. James Lewis I like to think my whining is more like a Bansee then a girl and I have no issue with the mission badge must with the gaming of the creation and deletion of missions for no good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bryant Moeller Badge is ok. The requirements are a bit low, though. Same with Trekker. Both are just too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Avery Cannon I didn't get the memo about there being codes. Not really fair if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Viktor A. Because one word wrong in a translation can be meaningless gibberish.  Or it could be the difference between, "I am so embarrassed" and "I am so pregnant."

    ReplyDelete
  22. Matt Buchwald Well, if I'd be pregnant, I'd be pretty embarrassed, too. SCNR

    ReplyDelete
  23. Valentin Brückel Was early morning in Australasia. America and Europe are not the only places in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Davis Jackson well he is a community rep for the west coast of the USA, maybe you should get your community rep to have a contest...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Davis Jackson just because he represents it, doesn't mean he's restricted to it.

    What I'm saying is that he had a contest in his time zone. No sense in someone ten hours away complaining about it because they were asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I used to know the EU one. I think Joe may have the midwest represted as well. Ask in the main community, I know there are others. I think it was like Anne Butemiller for EU.

    ReplyDelete
  27. No.. i have a friend who is plat already. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment