Love the name!
Love the name!
#ingressvalentines
Originally shared by Sara Lwin
Operation : I Wear My Heart on My Fields
I get a surge of excitement when that third link creates a field. I'll say it... I love the fielding. I'll make the triangles. I'll kill the derp links. This makes me a happy agent.
From the moment I learned what a layered field looked like, I had been inspired. I was placed in a layered sea of blue. Yes, totally amazing, but also totally unacceptable. /side-eye ...
Well, it is winter here and it's pretty cold this year. Dedication, high. Motivation, low. So, from the warmth of my home and the light of my scanner, I start planning my next set of fields. I was typically doing this on a daily basis, but this time I wanted to do something different. I've seen field art and teamwork, but not here or with any involvement from me. Hmm... what can I do?
I made the decision to sit back two cycles to watch other agents scurrying about. I also watched as new Resistance agents came hopping out like little fleas, linking the same portals day after day, down the same avenues. Link, link, link. No fields. Oops, wait... that agent got lucky this time. It's never fancy, ever, unless you're the type that gets thrilled that it's a field the shape of a blade of grass. I seriously hope you're not.
My most recent 30k MU field was my trusty placeholder. It was my "vivid, green blanket" of "stopping all the random derps from entering my patch of lawn" field. I was still thinking that I've got to do something with this space after I let it decay, which I let happen on occasion so I would always have something to do. I asked myself what shape or design would be the most meaningful to me. Heh, that's easy! What better than a heart with Valentine's Day coming up? Yes! I sold the idea to a mushy, mushball. Myself.
I planned and plotted my best routes. Multiple checklists, check.
I didn't rebuild anything after an anchor decayed. Day after day my canvas was getting entirely jumbled up by crabgrassy sproutlings of greens and blues. I'm getting antsy wondering what kind of horrid complications I'm going to have to endure while running the plan.
There were a few snags, here and there, that extended the amount of steps I had initially listed to fulfill my goal. A Resistance agent from Lima-03, notorious for derp linking everything, paraded through my towns for uniques, which had me setting my alarm clock for an earlier time the next day, solely to crash blocking links while I could, before dusk changed the laws of that particular area.
Noted. Goodnight.
*sigh* I'm up. It's cold. I'm out. I'm walking here, there, through. I walked around an "I almost stepped in THAT". Two more portals. Done. Good. I've cleared.
8 hours to wait now...
The sun has set. Nothing new. I'm grinning. It's go time!
----
Operation Name : I Wear My Heart on My Fields
Design: Shooting Heart
MU Total Count : 32,762
Field Count : 20
Finishing Portal : Cupid's Little Helper (Burlington, NJ)
Dedication Note : This was for you... "Yes, I will admit it." I hope you saw what I did there.
// Aside : Thanks to @pttsbrghfan for watching intel for bad links, keeping me company via Zello, and making sure I didn't miss anything on my list lol and reminding me that local ENL agents made what looked like a green slice of pizza to the east *sigh*
If you've read this far, Happy Valentines Day to you! - MicTicin (AM01-LIMA-00)
#ingressValentines #enlightened #alwaysthecat #burbninja #MicTicinsPunchOut #sitrep #ingress

#ingressvalentines
Originally shared by Sara Lwin
Operation : I Wear My Heart on My Fields
I get a surge of excitement when that third link creates a field. I'll say it... I love the fielding. I'll make the triangles. I'll kill the derp links. This makes me a happy agent.
From the moment I learned what a layered field looked like, I had been inspired. I was placed in a layered sea of blue. Yes, totally amazing, but also totally unacceptable. /side-eye ...
Well, it is winter here and it's pretty cold this year. Dedication, high. Motivation, low. So, from the warmth of my home and the light of my scanner, I start planning my next set of fields. I was typically doing this on a daily basis, but this time I wanted to do something different. I've seen field art and teamwork, but not here or with any involvement from me. Hmm... what can I do?
I made the decision to sit back two cycles to watch other agents scurrying about. I also watched as new Resistance agents came hopping out like little fleas, linking the same portals day after day, down the same avenues. Link, link, link. No fields. Oops, wait... that agent got lucky this time. It's never fancy, ever, unless you're the type that gets thrilled that it's a field the shape of a blade of grass. I seriously hope you're not.
My most recent 30k MU field was my trusty placeholder. It was my "vivid, green blanket" of "stopping all the random derps from entering my patch of lawn" field. I was still thinking that I've got to do something with this space after I let it decay, which I let happen on occasion so I would always have something to do. I asked myself what shape or design would be the most meaningful to me. Heh, that's easy! What better than a heart with Valentine's Day coming up? Yes! I sold the idea to a mushy, mushball. Myself.
I planned and plotted my best routes. Multiple checklists, check.
I didn't rebuild anything after an anchor decayed. Day after day my canvas was getting entirely jumbled up by crabgrassy sproutlings of greens and blues. I'm getting antsy wondering what kind of horrid complications I'm going to have to endure while running the plan.
There were a few snags, here and there, that extended the amount of steps I had initially listed to fulfill my goal. A Resistance agent from Lima-03, notorious for derp linking everything, paraded through my towns for uniques, which had me setting my alarm clock for an earlier time the next day, solely to crash blocking links while I could, before dusk changed the laws of that particular area.
Noted. Goodnight.
*sigh* I'm up. It's cold. I'm out. I'm walking here, there, through. I walked around an "I almost stepped in THAT". Two more portals. Done. Good. I've cleared.
8 hours to wait now...
The sun has set. Nothing new. I'm grinning. It's go time!
----
Operation Name : I Wear My Heart on My Fields
Design: Shooting Heart
MU Total Count : 32,762
Field Count : 20
Finishing Portal : Cupid's Little Helper (Burlington, NJ)
Dedication Note : This was for you... "Yes, I will admit it." I hope you saw what I did there.
// Aside : Thanks to @pttsbrghfan for watching intel for bad links, keeping me company via Zello, and making sure I didn't miss anything on my list lol and reminding me that local ENL agents made what looked like a green slice of pizza to the east *sigh*
If you've read this far, Happy Valentines Day to you! - MicTicin (AM01-LIMA-00)
#ingressValentines #enlightened #alwaysthecat #burbninja #MicTicinsPunchOut #sitrep #ingress

I'm I the only one that sees the Millennium Falcon?
ReplyDeleteBryceton Yost LOL Heard it from one other person.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley Thanks for sharing this :D
ReplyDelete