Again what's with the witch hunt? I know you're talking with agents about this why would you, a Niantic employee continue to involve yourself in a public way. None of these agents actually have the flag anymore as it was lost when an enlightened agent tackled them, and other agents including a child to try to get it back before simply asking if they could have it. This thing is a mess already and posting publicly without giving the full story is just making it worse
Yeah pretty sure that ENL homie trampled a 6 year old and screamed expletives as he roared through a crowd of people to physically attack another human over a piece of fabric...
Joe Philley rampant spoofing, garbage portals, mule accounts, harassment and comm scraping is happening everywhere Ingress is played, and hijacking a flag is a problem? It's merely a result of crossfaction tensions, a visual representation of problems in the game that are being allowed through NIA inaction.
Again I dont agree with the tactics displayed in the picture. However I also do not see the flag being set aflame. This looks more like a staged picture for the benefit of trolling. But I must again point out that at this point the flag belongs to those who found it discarded and took it as a trophy. The video floating around makes it fairly clear that they may have given it up had the enl member simply apologized for how he handled the situation, knocking down a Child, and breaking a phone. The agent responsible did none of these things in the video. If such an apology was made publicly perhaps the resistance members responsible would be more willing to have relinquished the flag. Had it been my child I hate to say it I would have likely had a similar reaction.
Both sides have done things here that should NOT be condoned by either side and facilitating the hatred the incident has spawned only further propagates more hatred. Please all involved find a way to come to terms with the situation.
Either Wolf pack let it go, make an apology and ask nicely for the resistance members to return what is now Legally their property. or drop it.
Resistance members whom have the flag. Please refrain from making us look bad by taking pictures of "Burning the flag" or destroying it. If you choose to keep your property as a trophy then do so in good taste.
People getting mad at Joe Philley , the only thing he did was ask for identities, saying they lost on style, and let the photo speak for itself. No libel or anything there. If the flag didn't belong to them, it isn't "Hijacking" it is theft, maybe only petty theft, but still more serious than anything done in game.
Zachary Luke McNeely No one cares about spoofing and cheating in a GAME when something like this happens.
Yes, there was a physical altercation. Yes, Resistance DID steal a flag and deface it (It doesn't come with that cross over the logo, FYI).
Was the violence called for? Absolutely not and the Enlightened have discussed this and shown our disapproval already (And I'm quite sure Crystal Bell has already informed Joe Philley of our concerns about that aspect).
Regardless of what the Enlightened agent did, or how he gets punished, it doesn't excuse theft and destruction of property. Yes, it's "just a flag" a flag that cost money, and carries a lot of pride. Tensions were raised, but to openly publicize the theft and defacement? That's a new low and any agents involved in this should be barred from the game and all associated communities, on both sides. The rest of us want no part of it.
To every person claiming that possession of "found" property is not a crime, please do a little research. This flag was admittedly found in Nevada. In Nevada, it is a crime to keep property you found without making a reasonable effort to reunite the property with the owner. Here, we know that the Resistance agents who "found" the flag knew exactly who it belonged to, as they displayed the flag in an inflammatory way and paraded it through the Enlightened crowd (and I believe the video indicates that they knew as well). They should have returned this property to the owner and not acted like a bunch of assholes.
On the flip side, I do not agree with how our ENL agent handled the situation, and I am very unhappy that there was an altercation at an event like this.
Theft: the action or crime of stealing. While "Theft by finding" may be a crime in some areas proving such a thing is rather hard. But as I said above Both sides of this debate need to come to amicable terms on the flag. Whos to say that the Res members wouldnt have returned the flag had they been asked nicely, with out destruction of a phone and a child being pushed to the ground. Had they just been asked nicely?
We will never know because a child was pushed to the ground and a phone may have been broken all for the sake of chest thumping only to admit they discarded the flag...
I stand with Joe Philley on this matter. WRST agents clearly instigated it and in another video are going around walking by ENL teams saying "we stole your flag" just before the ENL player went crazy and trampled kids after it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR99FAMt6KY Disgusting behavior on both sides of the matter but clearly instigated by WRST agents, even video taped expecting a reaction. One of my agents that was on the ground and saw the whole thing also had this to add "i also saw some guy run away from the crowd and put the flag under his shirt to hide it." FWIW so sounds like its not at all lost, or at least wasn't at the time.
As a follow up to my last comment - for anyone wanting clarification: NRS 205.0832 Actions which constitute theft. 1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person commits theft if, without lawful authority, the person knowingly: ... (d) Comes into control of lost, mislaid or misdelivered property of another person under circumstances providing means of inquiry as to the true owner and appropriates that property to his or her own use or that of another person without reasonable efforts to notify the true owner.
wother r Joe doesn't want the whole story, he wants someone to be ridiculed and lambasted for really no reason... He likes screaming Bengazi... Yes something bad happened... Burning the flag was not a good idea... BUT! Neither is calling someone a thief for having found something, and completely over looking the physical violence that happened...
Anthony Moore - there is a video with resistance agents stating that they found it in Vegas. They should have returned it immediately, the law doesn't require the property owner to ask nicely. Yes, I disagree with how he handled it, but they Resistance agents here need to own up to their actions - as those actions are the ones that started this entire incident.
Dustin Harwood Jennifer Barry What I am saying is the ENL said they Discarded itin Vegas. Finding the proper owner in vegas may not have been possible. The res agents appear to have used black electrical tape to put an X on the flag which could have easily been removed had the flag been returned. They COULD have been bringing it to Pasadena to return it but the Enl members to whom the flag previously belonged never attempted to find that out. By Assaulting a young agent tempers flared and what could have been resolved peacefully has now escalated. BOTH sides are in the wrong now.
Res for the pic above of "Burning the flag" (Which is obviously not in danger as the flames if there are any are to low to ignite said flag) Enl members for how they handled the situation, and attempted to escalate things that could have potentially been resolved peacefully.
Also its obvious that the enlightened discussed this privately with Joe Philley. Why is it the resistance were not given that option? Yes, things on the ground got out of hand however, are we condoning that Niantic employees should publicly witch hunt agents that they disagree with? As someone whom Joe Philley has publicly called out I can tell you that Joe told me that if I had an issue with something I should go to him privately, where is that here?
Jennifer Barry So you condone assaulting someone for showboating? As I have said BOTH sides were in the wrong The Res for poor taste and the enl for much much more
All this talk about the wrong doing's. But yet no one is talking about the enlightened player who broke a phone assaulted people and kids. Yet how about we tag the perpetrator and have him replace the broken items
Anthony Moore Take a look at the video your fellow Resistance teammate, Dwayne Maxwell just posted where 1) They say they stole it 2) They're purposely parading it through the ENL group taunting them 3) The flag owner says "That's my expletive flag*.
Clearly #3 disproves that it was just "discarded" and #1 proves they know they stole it and #2 proves they weren't there "just to return it"
You can try and spin this any way you want, go for it, but what you really should do is admit that the players in this photo who stole and defaced the flag don't belong in this community, or in this game. Anything less and you just look bad yourselves. You don't see the Enlightened actively defending our players actions, do you?
Phill Faber By all means press charges, he should have never attacked them. Everyone agrees with that, on both sides, but just because someone else commits a crime doesn't excuse the fact that these Resistance players also committed a crime, knowingly, and admittedly, ON VIDEO. Your argument about the physical altercation is just a red herring and is a distraction from the point of this thread.
oh come on. we all can tell thousand of stories like this one. now Joe Philley wanna figured one out, and all cries. sick. why u not help him, and then post the next thing?
Dustin Harwood imo this is something that started as a joke and has gotten out of hand. The real issue is the reaction and poor handling of the situation by a Niantic employee
It's funny how the resistance can't take responsibility and own up to there shit, it's like Joe Philley said, you start shit and cry foul, there's problems in this game of spoofing cough resistance, but that's in game, when people go and steel people's personal property and attempt to burn it that's crossing the line and Phill Faber that's actually a real crime if you didn't know this!
Joe Philley Yes baiting and I admit in poor taste. but the "Wolfpack" , I will no longer refer to all enlightened as there were obviously some who said "RIght on" and took it lightly. The "wolfpack" member went out of his way to make a bigger scene. In the video I dont see any hitting with the flag, I went back and watched it a few times.
Again Res wrong for how they chose to display their trophy, Wolfpack wrong for how they CHOSE to react.
Phill Faber I don't think anyone on the ENL is defending what the ENL player did.
If the Res were so concerned, why didn't they escalate to Niantic in the first place? It's only a problem now that your agents have been called out and you're trying to distract from the real point.
Assault is wrong, everyone agrees. That's a done conversation. Let people file whatever charges they want, with the law. If they have concerns about that specific agent (I don't know his name or his agent name so you'll need to get that from someone else) by all means, reach out to JP and he can handle it.
For the purposes of this thread, stealing, defacing and parading a flag in front of the other team is 100% uncalled for, not in the spirit of the game.
It is sad that so many Resistance are defending the agents in this pic. It just goes to show who the good ones are and who the bad ones are. You really are the "WRST"
When someone parades around and says,"we stole your flag" they are asking for an ass whooping. It's as simple as that. I abhor violence but to engage in that kind of behavior and not expect some kind of reaction is f***ing stupid. I love trolling and think it's part of the game. Walking around and all but asking for an ass kickiing isn't trolling. It's being an uber-douchebag.Watch "My F**cking flag- toad tears" on YouTube My F**cking flag- toad tears: https://youtu.be/fR99FAMt6KY
No one is ignoring the actions the E did (braking phone,pushing people, fighting ect). But this all happened after the flag was already verbally asked to be returned. As stated above, the flag possibly being returned to Pasadena to be returned to the owner is incorrect as the R agent, having knowingly ran into the owner did not return the flag. Again, none of us is excusing on ignoring what the E agent did after but if you looked at the order of events, the actions of E would not have happened if the flag was returned during the initial verbal and non-confrotational exchange.
Assault. Damage to personal property, one of the assault victims was a child..... yet somehow all the attention here is on a flag that was lost or discarded.
Anthony Moore I have said several times that I do not condone the actions of the ENL agent.
But lets be real here. This flag was likely picked up by a RES agent, it was intentionally flaunted in the face of the owner, and they expected what exactly? This isn't my play area, but my understanding is there is a history here - they did this to anger the ENL agent.
They need to take responsibility for their actions. None of this would have happened if they had returned the flag. Or if they had chosen not to parade it around the crowd.
I'd like to see a video of me being assaulted in NOLA. Does that mean the ENL lost that battle? This situation sucks, but I don't like hearing we as a whole should be ashamed of our win because some RES acted like assholes. I am very disappointed in the agents involved [edited], but this post is inflammatory and is causing bad feelings across the board, not solving the issue of bullying and violence that happens daily within Ingress. We could all learn a lot by treating each other like worthy adversaries instead of enemies.
WRST agents parading around the enlightened taunting "we stole your flag" and you're all upset because you got a reaction which you clearly were trying to incite in the first place. Own up and apologize and let's all move on.
Getting into a mud slinging match over who's better Enlightened or Resistance won't help.
I hope you asked who they were to bring punative action Joe Philley, and not just point a wagging finger.
NIA Ops needs to have a stronger TOS enforcement agency, and the ability to do things that hurt a player, like take their shonin badge from their stats. If you ban someone, they can roll on with a new id in minutes, but if you put a troll badge on their stats, or take away their event badge, it will have greater weight, IMHO.
You're not going to get rid of the trolls, but stooping into the mud is just gonna get you dirty.
While I appreciate the sentiment as an ENL Agent I would rather remember that freedom of speech is now and should always be a universal right... I may not agree with their choice of speech but they should have the right to speak it.
+ Joe Philley. Thank you for this post. This game needs to be cleaned up. It wouldn't bother me at all to see the players involved in this perma-banned - The inebriated ENL agent, and the RES players in possession of the flag.
This is a GAME, not a war. Members of the opposing faction are our opponents, not our enemies.
Katie Smith calling it a piece of fabric doesn't help your case it's personal property and if someone stole something from you how would you feel, let's say this situation was reversed and enlightened stole your resistance flag and take a picture attempting to burn it! How would your team feel? I take pride being enlightened and I'm sure you guys take pride being resistance #burningteamflagsit'scool and is unexcusable and making excuses is pathetic!
I would just like to say that I am ashamed of all of those involved... It's a sad day when it gets to this. Had the resistance just given the flag back, which they knew exactly who it belonged to, all would have ended there... Poor choices made IMO...
Ruth Shepherd That sucks that ENL players did that to you. I've said it a few times here, but this game should never devolve into physical altercations, theft and other types of harassment. It's bad for the game, bad for the community and bad for everyone.
I've said it a few times, ENL don't condone the actions of our agent, and if someone from the RES files charges against him, that's absolutely in line with what I would expect. Hell, you can PM me and ask me to provide a witness statement if you'd like (As I'm sure hundreds of other ENL could/would be willing to provide). But let's not conflate the facts, there absolutely was instigation going on here and this is the reaction these agents were hoping for.
My main concern in this thread is the support the Agents in the original picture are getting. It's sad, and just because the ENL agent involved acted like an idiot, it shouldn't excuse or remove your ability to also reprimand your own rogue agents. Big thanks to Dwayne Maxwell for standing up for his principles and defending what is right.
I'd also like to thank Joe Philley for getting involved here. This is absolutely the type of things community managers/reps should be helping sort out. Hopefully there are some in-game repercussions as I don't want players like these in my communities.
Joe Philley even if you show proof, they will keep acting lke children.... denying everything and find an excuse for everything, this is very sad day, imagine someone burning your american flag in front of thousands, the picture is enough, burned or not whatever happend before or after it does not matter. Ashamed you should be instead of defending these actions +1
Allen Tillman I actually have two but just not a 9-5. I know many other agent are the same. Even if we didn't have jobs, doesn't negate the inappropriate actions of the agents involved.
after trying to catch up with whatever the hell happened... since i've been a little out of the loop and for the most part don't even bother with crap like this..
but i'll leave these comments here... agents on both sides were in the wrong... but the instigation and trolling.. if you guys seriously thought it was on the level of being a joke??... is a damn joke..
instigation was made... tried to resolve and ENL asked for it back.. more taunting and trolling..
refused..
further response was made and physical altercations happened.. which sure.. was not the best way to do handle the situation.
but.. the best part.. is the photo above... that shows EXACTLY how these agents are like... there are no jokes here. that's just disrespectful.. and them waving the WRST banner... they represent WRST.. and even if not all of those agents are like that.. they are representatives regardless.. and as such.. make that ENTIRE community look bad.
Like the actions of the few that were involved in this incident, the actions of the few here and abroad do not represent the whole community, regardless of faction.
Meh..I only meant there are bigger fish to fry. Worried about a staged picture of a flag burning when from all accounts there was an assault? Shameful. Just think, this is only a game. But, I do enjoy reading this thread😀
Local Resistance has pretty much ruined the game for a lot of us. I added you to a hangout Joe Philley that resistance flipped one of our agents, and then had him add all of them to our trusted hangout. It was our biggest hangout. They are constantly threatening people, or following them around, are bugging them until they flip. Pretty sad. Such scumbagery over a game. I look forward to EndGame - maybe it will be better!
Dustin Harwood you want to know why they did not escalate it to Niantic? Really? Because we don't cry over something like this. I am defending my teammates now that the word thief has been tossed out there. I know for a fact the resistance has had possession of that flag since Vegas. Saw it at our after party. Which means, if it was stolen, why was it not brought up Feb 21? It wasn't stolen. It was lost and found by the resistance. No longer the original owners property. Sorry, that is how it works with some things.
This post makes all of ingress look bad... including the creators who posted this... who cares about the stupid flag make another one... I think all post about this flag needs to be removed and you all need to get over it... you are all stupid for the actions you all took and continue to take...
Everyone needs to take a step back an realize although we may live out ingress it is still a game and it was a flag, a simple guesture to ask for it back would have been the tight call. If it was that important to the enl then they should have never misplaced it. But its a flag and new ones can be made. Starting a fight over it is bs. Yes resistance should have just kept it as a trophy and not parading it around but the moment another player touches someone one else it is no longer about the game. You lost the flag and didnt care much about finding it or the lvr would have all know it was lost. Then you decided to act like a child and put your hands on someone else. I believe that both people involved made a fool out of the game but the enl did the worst of the two by causing physical harm. This is a game. Hell even colleges have trophy capturing and such during games. Thats part of life but keep your hands to your self. I feel both parties involved should be banned because it was handled wrong. You need yo look at the bigger picture an realize by hands being put on others you could cause a huge wave and possinle the end to ingress if they feel this game leads to physical harm in real life. Do it the right way. You want a trophy you find then keep it dont parade it around. If property is that important to you then you should have let lv know or made a police report of lost property when it happened over 30days ago. Most states, if porperty is not claimed in 30days then it belongs to the finder. No one stole it you didnt care to look for it or keep an eye on it. Grow up and act like adults or get out of the game before you ruin for all of us.
Paul Walters i could honestly care less about the whole legal crap about theft or even who owned the flag... the photo clearly depicts disrespect and is unsportsmanlike... if that's part of the game to you.. sure.. but there is a massive lack of respect going on with what is depicted.
Very sad when over a flag people cry. When ENL complain about anything it gets "fixed" on the quickness. RES complain about something it's like it never happened. You should have left this alone Joe. IMO both sides need to grow up and play a game. I'm not favoring either side, I just call it how I see it personally
Paul Walters You need to go brush up on Nevada law. Jennifer Barry posted the relevant info for you earlier in the thread.
Maybe he didn't bring it up because he didn't know it was stolen and thought it was lost?
You should also go through the video and thread. The resistance player who was carrying the flag, admits, on video, that he STOLE that flag. He didn't find it, he STOLE it, it's on tape, as plain as day.
It's sad that your team doesn't consider "Assault" serious enough to try and do something about, but I guess we live in different worlds. I'd press charges against the ENL guy if I could, but if you need a witness statement, let me know and I'd be happy to provide one, his behavior was uncalled for.
It's alright though, continue to defend your players and their terrible attitudes. It's pretty clear to anyone who reads this thread who the guilty ones are.
Every time anyone from either faction tries to make friends with the opposing faction (in my area), both sides have agents going in to a fury about win trading. Threatening to report. Threatening to shame, etcetera.
Win trading, by definition, means that BOTH sides won; how could that possibly be a bad thing?
The only possible reason it could be viewed as someone getting wrong would be the players who refuse to make friends with the opposing faction. And that sounds like a damn good reason to do it.
Unique caps? Massive AP gains. Cross faction field art? Repeal the win-trading rules, and frogs and smurfs will hold hands and play together.
Dustin Harwood If you look above in the comments you'll see that the enlightened agent who tackled the resistance agent is going to face disciplinary actions unless he makes it right and apologies. (more then that I don't know since I'm not a part of that community)
However what I want to know from the resistance is what does a resistance agent have to do to face disciplinary action, since I can't find a single comment condemning the theft of property and the willful destruction of others property. If I missed it I apologize please copy and paste for me.
Paul Walters gone missing "taking something" when someone's not looking and claiming they magically gain possession of it "is steeling bro" I was in Vagas and I overhead a group of your fucken smurfs talking about steeling a flag...... I assumed that they will give it back because this "is just a fucken game" but I guess they didn't!
CJ Pryvate Don't hold the actions of a few resistance against the resistance as a whole. It is wrong to hold the entire resistance guilty of theft and destruction of property.
However until a resistance agent comes forward and says theft and destruction of property is wrong and says those resistance agents need to face disciplinary action unless they make it right (apologize and pay the owner of the flag compensation), we can hold the resistance guilty of approving of theft and destruction of property.
But do not hold them guilty for more then they rightly deserve that just reflects badly on you and the rest of us enlightened.
Bottom line...a picture says a thousand words whether it was actually set ablaze or not. Immature grown ups...my 7-year old acts better and has better debating tactics. Some of you are just tacky.
Hey look I am Resistance and I don't care who did what, why they did it, etc. I don't care about the flags, or the cell phone. What I am getting is that multiple so called adults made a lot of poor decisions which immediately impacted a lot of people and now is rippling outward, impacting others. More importantly, what I want to know if the child is fine, other than seeing a bunch of adults act like asses over a game and flag? If I was standing outside of the game, a non player, I would be asking myself wtf are these people doing letting a child get hurt and brawling in public?
What Dean Nielson said. Did I look like I was going to burn a flag? No. Did my entire faction? No. Did the entire Enlightened push a kid and break a phone? No. To apologize to the entire Enlightened faction makes little sense here. To shame the entire Resistance makes no sense at all. It sounds like a few assholes stinking up the place from both sides. Is that a new thing? Past the private parties involved in these sideways interactions - wtfc? We all do it seems, huh? We must have a lot of time on our hands to whine about a bunch of stuff that doesn't concern us. #lamefirstworldproblems
You RE who are all up in arms about an EN agent trampling a child: have you considered what life lessons you taught that same child? Would you allow your child to go onto a school sports field and behave this way? Don't be surprised when he/she does.
Nate M I'm not expecting an apology from the resistance since they don't owe anyone an apology, those who did the actions are those who owe an apology and restitution for theft and destruction of others property. (already commented that the enlightened is being disciplined.) However it would be nice If I could see a resistance explicitly say that stealing others property and destroying it is wrong.
Actually Joe Philley has the right to post to get something sorted in case something develops in the future with these similar agents.
Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
Res shouldn't have taunted and enlightened shouldn't have come back with strong force but holding a flag with a flame like that is like holding a flame on an american flag. There is a terrible message there.
Lexy Rochelle if that was the intent, then a private message or two would have accomplished the goal. This was for nothing more than public shaming, and has already lasted longer and been more inflammatory than the original act.
You also don't know if the enlightened who struck back was a vet or maybe in the army soooo stealing a flag or burning a flag could have seriously bought up some shit from the past for him.
John Mazur I'm against public shaming but the only way to find out who they are he needed to post a picture. Sorry but that's stupid and I have a lot of res friends but those 3 stooges need to be banned, and if I need to I will find out myself.
Artur Hawk, sir, again I repeat. We shouldn't hold an entire group of people accountable for the misdeeds of a few. Crappy acts and attitudes, cheating, defamation on both sides abound.
This isn't a faction issue. Faction affiliation has nothing to do with anything here. This post is also not public shaming and I believe Joe Philley, like everyone else, should be able to post and say whatever they want on their personal G+ page. Don't like it? Don't follow.
This is a game. Teasing happens... it's harmless unless everyone starts getting physically violent. Everyone needs to calm down and address the fact that teasing happens (ever been to a sports game?) And that this situation lost control over itself and people started getting hurt. Is it really worth breaking someone else's arm just to get a piece of cloth back (in all circumstances, not just this one). What happened, happened; everyone involved needs to say sorry for letting things get out of control. Everyone else, learn a lesson here instead of pointing fingers at each other. This is a game, not WWE. Address problems civilly if you feel like there is a lack of respect - you're all grown adults and should be able to handle problems without violence.
Nate M I don't. There are people like you in the resistance who think sportsmanship is a good thing. (I've met a couple of you online, so while theoretically you all could be trolling me I prefer to think otherwise) However every local resistance agent I've met has unfortunately, been of 'the other kind'. (I say local because Minneapolis seems to have the market cornered on sportsmanship on both sides. Sadly I can not say the same for Indianapolis.)
I do not, nor will I ever hold every single member of the resistance guilty for something. However experience has taught me that the the resistance in GENERAL (not every single resistance agent) needs to learn that sportsmanship is a good thing.
My comment was about the general resistance as I've experienced them. Not an blanket "every resistance agent is like this" When I read those statements on either side I want to laugh and tell them to visit Minneapolis.
CJ Pryvate I bet you feel proud bashing on a woman especially online. It you got something to say to her feel free to direct it towards me, I'm sure we can find a way to settle this # LAOnda #FTP
I know some great RES agents and have heard of some rotten folks who call ENL their team. The actions of these agents are not the responsibility of their respective factions, but I think it's great that we stand together as #teamteal and say we don't condone this as part of our game and our communities.
I would also like to hear that this child is okay if anyone knows.
"Despite the fact that we all know the risks involved, I am convinced that we should continue to investigate the value of high-dose-XM research." "We should view 'Epiphany Night' not as a crisis, but a tremendous opportunity." Dr. Victor Kureze, in an email last week. -PAC #ingress http://www.nianticproject.com http://www.nianticproject.com
.
ReplyDeleteThis sucks. It's a game, not a war.
ReplyDeleteI can say with certainty that is NOT Chris Etoyoc
ReplyDeleteFor one thing he's better looking, for another he was wearing a green shirt Saturday
Can we also get the ENL agent that broke the WRST pole and pushed our agent to the ground while we are at it?
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley you aren't getting the whole story.
We need to let these agents know how we feel about this....
ReplyDeleteDan Boutros Chris Etoyoc is not in this photo and is an ENL agent. These are all RES agents with poor taste.
ReplyDeletewother r get real here...you start something then yell foul ??? nothing would have happened if they would have returned the flag!
ReplyDeleteAgain what's with the witch hunt? I know you're talking with agents about this why would you, a Niantic employee continue to involve yourself in a public way. None of these agents actually have the flag anymore as it was lost when an enlightened agent tackled them, and other agents including a child to try to get it back before simply asking if they could have it. This thing is a mess already and posting publicly without giving the full story is just making it worse
ReplyDeleteYeah pretty sure that ENL homie trampled a 6 year old and screamed expletives as he roared through a crowd of people to physically attack another human over a piece of fabric...
ReplyDeletewother r thia makes you guys look real bad ...sorry you don't see this.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley libel - a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
ReplyDeleteThank you Joe Philley , I appreciate you looking into this
ReplyDeleteBurning a banner banning Enlightenment is a double negative. There are solid grammatical grounds to object to this depicted act.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley rampant spoofing, garbage portals, mule accounts, harassment and comm scraping is happening everywhere Ingress is played, and hijacking a flag is a problem? It's merely a result of crossfaction tensions, a visual representation of problems in the game that are being allowed through NIA inaction.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't matter what anyone is saying to try and make this pic seem less harmful. THIS PHOTO is worth millions of words by its self.
ReplyDeleteI don't see the flag on fire. I see a posed picture on a day of battle between two factions. #toadtears
ReplyDeleteAnd they lost...
ReplyDeleteAgain I dont agree with the tactics displayed in the picture. However I also do not see the flag being set aflame. This looks more like a staged picture for the benefit of trolling. But I must again point out that at this point the flag belongs to those who found it discarded and took it as a trophy. The video floating around makes it fairly clear that they may have given it up had the enl member simply apologized for how he handled the situation, knocking down a Child, and breaking a phone. The agent responsible did none of these things in the video. If such an apology was made publicly perhaps the resistance members responsible would be more willing to have relinquished the flag. Had it been my child I hate to say it I would have likely had a similar reaction.
ReplyDeleteBoth sides have done things here that should NOT be condoned by either side and facilitating the hatred the incident has spawned only further propagates more hatred. Please all involved find a way to come to terms with the situation.
Either Wolf pack let it go, make an apology and ask nicely for the resistance members to return what is now Legally their property. or drop it.
Resistance members whom have the flag. Please refrain from making us look bad by taking pictures of "Burning the flag" or destroying it. If you choose to keep your property as a trophy then do so in good taste.
People getting mad at Joe Philley , the only thing he did was ask for identities, saying they lost on style, and let the photo speak for itself. No libel or anything there. If the flag didn't belong to them, it isn't "Hijacking" it is theft, maybe only petty theft, but still more serious than anything done in game.
ReplyDeleteIf they own the flag, they can burn the flag if they want. If they stole somebody's flag, then they stole somebody's flag.
ReplyDeleteI took a dump and used it as toilet paper. It's gone. #sorrynotsorry #flaggate #FTP
ReplyDeleteNot good
ReplyDeleteZachary Luke McNeely No one cares about spoofing and cheating in a GAME when something like this happens.
ReplyDeleteYes, there was a physical altercation. Yes, Resistance DID steal a flag and deface it (It doesn't come with that cross over the logo, FYI).
Was the violence called for? Absolutely not and the Enlightened have discussed this and shown our disapproval already (And I'm quite sure Crystal Bell has already informed Joe Philley of our concerns about that aspect).
Regardless of what the Enlightened agent did, or how he gets punished, it doesn't excuse theft and destruction of property. Yes, it's "just a flag" a flag that cost money, and carries a lot of pride. Tensions were raised, but to openly publicize the theft and defacement? That's a new low and any agents involved in this should be barred from the game and all associated communities, on both sides. The rest of us want no part of it.
Kevin Sexton he already knows. Both agents have met with him on many occasions. They are tagged in many of his pictures
ReplyDeleteTo every person claiming that possession of "found" property is not a crime, please do a little research. This flag was admittedly found in Nevada. In Nevada, it is a crime to keep property you found without making a reasonable effort to reunite the property with the owner. Here, we know that the Resistance agents who "found" the flag knew exactly who it belonged to, as they displayed the flag in an inflammatory way and paraded it through the Enlightened crowd (and I believe the video indicates that they knew as well). They should have returned this property to the owner and not acted like a bunch of assholes.
ReplyDeleteOn the flip side, I do not agree with how our ENL agent handled the situation, and I am very unhappy that there was an altercation at an event like this.
Return the flag. End this.
Theft:
ReplyDeletethe action or crime of stealing.
While "Theft by finding" may be a crime in some areas proving such a thing is rather hard.
But as I said above Both sides of this debate need to come to amicable terms on the flag. Whos to say that the Res members wouldnt have returned the flag had they been asked nicely, with out destruction of a phone and a child being pushed to the ground. Had they just been asked nicely?
We will never know because a child was pushed to the ground and a phone may have been broken all for the sake of chest thumping only to admit they discarded the flag...
Where's #laonda now?
ReplyDelete#lapanda
I stand with Joe Philley on this matter. WRST agents clearly instigated it and in another video are going around walking by ENL teams saying "we stole your flag" just before the ENL player went crazy and trampled kids after it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR99FAMt6KY Disgusting behavior on both sides of the matter but clearly instigated by WRST agents, even video taped expecting a reaction. One of my agents that was on the ground and saw the whole thing also had this to add "i also saw some guy run away from the crowd and put the flag under his shirt to hide it." FWIW so sounds like its not at all lost, or at least wasn't at the time.
ReplyDeleteAs a follow up to my last comment - for anyone wanting clarification:
ReplyDeleteNRS 205.0832 Actions which constitute theft.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person commits theft if, without lawful authority, the person knowingly:
...
(d) Comes into control of lost, mislaid or misdelivered property of another person under circumstances providing means of inquiry as to the true owner and appropriates that property to his or her own use or that of another person without reasonable efforts to notify the true owner.
...
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-205.html#NRS205Sec0832
I bet they falsified their location to capture the flag ;)
ReplyDeleteJennifer Barry Yep that is the law!
ReplyDeletewother r Joe doesn't want the whole story, he wants someone to be ridiculed and lambasted for really no reason... He likes screaming Bengazi... Yes something bad happened... Burning the flag was not a good idea... BUT! Neither is calling someone a thief for having found something, and completely over looking the physical violence that happened...
ReplyDeleteAnthony Moore So what you're saying is, it's okay to steal something, as long as the person you stole it from asks nicely to have it back?
ReplyDeleteAnthony Moore - there is a video with resistance agents stating that they found it in Vegas. They should have returned it immediately, the law doesn't require the property owner to ask nicely. Yes, I disagree with how he handled it, but they Resistance agents here need to own up to their actions - as those actions are the ones that started this entire incident.
ReplyDeleteRyan L. Williams thank you... Think we can make that into a trending hashing? #Flaghazi
ReplyDeleteJennifer Barry could you give me the law for incited physical assault please
ReplyDeleteDustin Harwood Jennifer Barry What I am saying is the ENL said they Discarded itin Vegas. Finding the proper owner in vegas may not have been possible. The res agents appear to have used black electrical tape to put an X on the flag which could have easily been removed had the flag been returned. They COULD have been bringing it to Pasadena to return it but the Enl members to whom the flag previously belonged never attempted to find that out. By Assaulting a young agent tempers flared and what could have been resolved peacefully has now escalated. BOTH sides are in the wrong now.
ReplyDeleteRes for the pic above of "Burning the flag" (Which is obviously not in danger as the flames if there are any are to low to ignite said flag)
Enl members for how they handled the situation, and attempted to escalate things that could have potentially been resolved peacefully.
Anthony Moore - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR99FAMt6KY
ReplyDeleteAlso its obvious that the enlightened discussed this privately with Joe Philley. Why is it the resistance were not given that option? Yes, things on the ground got out of hand however, are we condoning that Niantic employees should publicly witch hunt agents that they disagree with? As someone whom Joe Philley has publicly called out I can tell you that Joe told me that if I had an issue with something I should go to him privately, where is that here?
ReplyDeleteJennifer Barry So you condone assaulting someone for showboating? As I have said BOTH sides were in the wrong The Res for poor taste and the enl for much much more
ReplyDeleteHeres a vid showing then baiting the E
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR99FAMt6KY
And You ask why I'm upset.
All this talk about the wrong doing's. But yet no one is talking about the enlightened player who broke a phone assaulted people and kids. Yet how about we tag the perpetrator and have him replace the broken items
ReplyDeleteHow about an R hitting an E with a flag ?
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley where in the videos does that happen
ReplyDeleteSounds like both sides made mistakes, sad to see it come to this :(
ReplyDeleteAnthony Moore Take a look at the video your fellow Resistance teammate, Dwayne Maxwell just posted where 1) They say they stole it 2) They're purposely parading it through the ENL group taunting them 3) The flag owner says "That's my expletive flag*.
ReplyDeleteClearly #3 disproves that it was just "discarded" and #1 proves they know they stole it and #2 proves they weren't there "just to return it"
You can try and spin this any way you want, go for it, but what you really should do is admit that the players in this photo who stole and defaced the flag don't belong in this community, or in this game. Anything less and you just look bad yourselves. You don't see the Enlightened actively defending our players actions, do you?
Phill Faber By all means press charges, he should have never attacked them. Everyone agrees with that, on both sides, but just because someone else commits a crime doesn't excuse the fact that these Resistance players also committed a crime, knowingly, and admittedly, ON VIDEO. Your argument about the physical altercation is just a red herring and is a distraction from the point of this thread.
/sub
ReplyDeleteoh come on. we all can tell thousand of stories like this one. now Joe Philley wanna figured one out, and all cries. sick. why u not help him, and then post the next thing?
ReplyDeleteDustin Harwood imo this is something that started as a joke and has gotten out of hand. The real issue is the reaction and poor handling of the situation by a Niantic employee
ReplyDeleteI don't need names to tell you I don't condone the alleged behavior of either side.
ReplyDelete#wearebetterthanthis
It's funny how the resistance can't take responsibility and own up to there shit, it's like Joe Philley said, you start shit and cry foul, there's problems in this game of spoofing cough resistance, but that's in game, when people go and steel people's personal property and attempt to burn it that's crossing the line and Phill Faber that's actually a real crime if you didn't know this!
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley Yes baiting and I admit in poor taste. but the "Wolfpack" , I will no longer refer to all enlightened as there were obviously some who said "RIght on" and took it lightly. The "wolfpack" member went out of his way to make a bigger scene. In the video I dont see any hitting with the flag, I went back and watched it a few times.
ReplyDeleteAgain Res wrong for how they chose to display their trophy, Wolfpack wrong for how they CHOSE to react.
Witch hunt not required.
Phill Faber I don't think anyone on the ENL is defending what the ENL player did.
ReplyDeleteIf the Res were so concerned, why didn't they escalate to Niantic in the first place? It's only a problem now that your agents have been called out and you're trying to distract from the real point.
Assault is wrong, everyone agrees. That's a done conversation. Let people file whatever charges they want, with the law. If they have concerns about that specific agent (I don't know his name or his agent name so you'll need to get that from someone else) by all means, reach out to JP and he can handle it.
For the purposes of this thread, stealing, defacing and parading a flag in front of the other team is 100% uncalled for, not in the spirit of the game.
It is sad that so many Resistance are defending the agents in this pic. It just goes to show who the good ones are and who the bad ones are. You really are the "WRST"
When someone parades around and says,"we stole your flag" they are asking for an ass whooping. It's as simple as that. I abhor violence but to engage in that kind of behavior and not expect some kind of reaction is f***ing stupid. I love trolling and think it's part of the game. Walking around and all but asking for an ass kickiing isn't trolling. It's being an uber-douchebag.Watch "My F**cking flag- toad tears" on YouTube
ReplyDeleteMy F**cking flag- toad tears: https://youtu.be/fR99FAMt6KY
No one is ignoring the actions the E did (braking phone,pushing people, fighting ect). But this all happened after the flag was already verbally asked to be returned. As stated above, the flag possibly being returned to Pasadena to be returned to the owner is incorrect as the R agent, having knowingly ran into the owner did not return the flag. Again, none of us is excusing on ignoring what the E agent did after but if you looked at the order of events, the actions of E would not have happened if the flag was returned during the initial verbal and non-confrotational exchange.
ReplyDeleteAssault. Damage to personal property, one of the assault victims was a child..... yet somehow all the attention here is on a flag that was lost or discarded.
ReplyDeleteAnthony Moore I have said several times that I do not condone the actions of the ENL agent.
ReplyDeleteBut lets be real here. This flag was likely picked up by a RES agent, it was intentionally flaunted in the face of the owner, and they expected what exactly? This isn't my play area, but my understanding is there is a history here - they did this to anger the ENL agent.
They need to take responsibility for their actions. None of this would have happened if they had returned the flag. Or if they had chosen not to parade it around the crowd.
Those agents are:
ReplyDelete#Relique #Newfriend #GlamourBomb
/popcorn
ReplyDelete/sub
ReplyDeleteNOT surprising at all.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to see a video of me being assaulted in NOLA. Does that mean the ENL lost that battle? This situation sucks, but I don't like hearing we as a whole should be ashamed of our win because some RES acted like assholes. I am very disappointed in the agents involved [edited], but this post is inflammatory and is causing bad feelings across the board, not solving the issue of bullying and violence that happens daily within Ingress. We could all learn a lot by treating each other like worthy adversaries instead of enemies.
ReplyDeleteWhy are you perpetuating kids' table drama?
ReplyDeleteWRST agents parading around the enlightened taunting "we stole your flag" and you're all upset because you got a reaction which you clearly were trying to incite in the first place. Own up and apologize and let's all move on.
ReplyDeleteGetting into a mud slinging match over who's better Enlightened or Resistance won't help.
ReplyDeleteI hope you asked who they were to bring punative action Joe Philley, and not just point a wagging finger.
NIA Ops needs to have a stronger TOS enforcement agency, and the ability to do things that hurt a player, like take their shonin badge from their stats. If you ban someone, they can roll on with a new id in minutes, but if you put a troll badge on their stats, or take away their event badge, it will have greater weight, IMHO.
You're not going to get rid of the trolls, but stooping into the mud is just gonna get you dirty.
WRST is the WORST!
ReplyDeleteTom Bombadill If you think assault and theft are "kids table drama" then i wonder what it takes for you to actually consider a situation "serious".
ReplyDeleteWhile I appreciate the sentiment as an ENL Agent I would rather remember that freedom of speech is now and should always be a universal right... I may not agree with their choice of speech but they should have the right to speak it.
ReplyDelete+ Joe Philley. Thank you for this post. This game needs to be cleaned up. It wouldn't bother me at all to see the players involved in this perma-banned - The inebriated ENL agent, and the RES players in possession of the flag.
ReplyDeleteThis is a GAME, not a war. Members of the opposing faction are our opponents, not our enemies.
Katie Smith calling it a piece of fabric doesn't help your case it's personal property and if someone stole something from you how would you feel, let's say this situation was reversed and enlightened stole your resistance flag and take a picture attempting to burn it! How would your team feel? I take pride being enlightened and I'm sure you guys take pride being resistance #burningteamflagsit'scool and is unexcusable and making excuses is pathetic!
ReplyDeletemmmhhh -1
ReplyDeletei like tacos.
ReplyDeleteAll you R's going after Joe on this, you DO realize he's also an R player? Sheesh. Decency over factionalism should always win out.
ReplyDeleteI would just like to say that I am ashamed of all of those involved... It's a sad day when it gets to this. Had the resistance just given the flag back, which they knew exactly who it belonged to, all would have ended there... Poor choices made IMO...
ReplyDeleteWheaton's Law, folks
ReplyDeletewww.WheatonsLaw.com
Stay classy smurfs #facepalm
ReplyDeleteRichard Gibbens Don't they teach this in kindergarten anymore? "Just because Billy did something first doesn't mean it's ok for you to do something."
ReplyDeleteRobb B. Well said.
ReplyDeleteRuth Shepherd That sucks that ENL players did that to you. I've said it a few times here, but this game should never devolve into physical altercations, theft and other types of harassment. It's bad for the game, bad for the community and bad for everyone.
I've said it a few times, ENL don't condone the actions of our agent, and if someone from the RES files charges against him, that's absolutely in line with what I would expect. Hell, you can PM me and ask me to provide a witness statement if you'd like (As I'm sure hundreds of other ENL could/would be willing to provide). But let's not conflate the facts, there absolutely was instigation going on here and this is the reaction these agents were hoping for.
My main concern in this thread is the support the Agents in the original picture are getting. It's sad, and just because the ENL agent involved acted like an idiot, it shouldn't excuse or remove your ability to also reprimand your own rogue agents. Big thanks to Dwayne Maxwell for standing up for his principles and defending what is right.
I'd also like to thank Joe Philley for getting involved here. This is absolutely the type of things community managers/reps should be helping sort out. Hopefully there are some in-game repercussions as I don't want players like these in my communities.
It's clear to me that half you guys may not have jobs. Good lord.
ReplyDeletePaul Fritschle this whole situation is pre-kindergarten. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteDamn. .. offers chris s a donut
ReplyDeletePhill Faber I also asked Jennifer Barry for laws on assault and property damage. Apparently she only knows one law.
ReplyDeleteJoe Philley even if you show proof, they will keep acting lke children.... denying everything and find an excuse for everything, this is very sad day, imagine someone burning your american flag in front of thousands, the picture is enough, burned or not whatever happend before or after it does not matter. Ashamed you should be instead of defending these actions +1
ReplyDeleteSalvador Junior Orozco hi. olive juice.
ReplyDeleteCapture the flag....
ReplyDeleteAllen Tillman I actually have two but just not a 9-5. I know many other agent are the same. Even if we didn't have jobs, doesn't negate the inappropriate actions of the agents involved.
ReplyDeleteafter trying to catch up with whatever the hell happened... since i've been a little out of the loop and for the most part don't even bother with crap like this..
ReplyDeletebut i'll leave these comments here... agents on both sides were in the wrong... but the instigation and trolling.. if you guys seriously thought it was on the level of being a joke??... is a damn joke..
instigation was made... tried to resolve and ENL asked for it back..
more taunting and trolling..
refused..
further response was made and physical altercations happened.. which sure.. was not the best way to do handle the situation.
but.. the best part.. is the photo above... that shows EXACTLY how these agents are like... there are no jokes here. that's just disrespectful.. and them waving the WRST banner... they represent WRST.. and even if not all of those agents are like that.. they are representatives regardless.. and as such.. make that ENTIRE community look bad.
Flag burning? Because they have so much admiration for rioting mobs they have to copy them?
ReplyDeleteLike the actions of the few that were involved in this incident, the actions of the few here and abroad do not represent the whole community, regardless of faction.
ReplyDeleteDustin Harwood you can keep wondering
ReplyDeleteMeh..I only meant there are bigger fish to fry. Worried about a staged picture of a flag burning when from all accounts there was an assault? Shameful. Just think, this is only a game. But, I do enjoy reading this thread😀
ReplyDeleteWheaton's Law applies here.
ReplyDelete.
ReplyDeleteLocal Resistance has pretty much ruined the game for a lot of us. I added you to a hangout Joe Philley that resistance flipped one of our agents, and then had him add all of them to our trusted hangout. It was our biggest hangout. They are constantly threatening people, or following them around, are bugging them until they flip. Pretty sad. Such scumbagery over a game. I look forward to EndGame - maybe it will be better!
ReplyDeleteDustin Harwood you want to know why they did not escalate it to Niantic? Really? Because we don't cry over something like this. I am defending my teammates now that the word thief has been tossed out there. I know for a fact the resistance has had possession of that flag since Vegas. Saw it at our after party. Which means, if it was stolen, why was it not brought up Feb 21? It wasn't stolen. It was lost and found by the resistance. No longer the original owners property. Sorry, that is how it works with some things.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes all of ingress look bad... including the creators who posted this... who cares about the stupid flag make another one... I think all post about this flag needs to be removed and you all need to get over it... you are all stupid for the actions you all took and continue to take...
ReplyDeleteEveryone needs to take a step back an realize although we may live out ingress it is still a game and it was a flag, a simple guesture to ask for it back would have been the tight call. If it was that important to the enl then they should have never misplaced it. But its a flag and new ones can be made. Starting a fight over it is bs. Yes resistance should have just kept it as a trophy and not parading it around but the moment another player touches someone one else it is no longer about the game. You lost the flag and didnt care much about finding it or the lvr would have all know it was lost. Then you decided to act like a child and put your hands on someone else. I believe that both people involved made a fool out of the game but the enl did the worst of the two by causing physical harm. This is a game. Hell even colleges have trophy capturing and such during games. Thats part of life but keep your hands to your self. I feel both parties involved should be banned because it was handled wrong. You need yo look at the bigger picture an realize by hands being put on others you could cause a huge wave and possinle the end to ingress if they feel this game leads to physical harm in real life.
ReplyDeleteDo it the right way. You want a trophy you find then keep it dont parade it around. If property is that important to you then you should have let lv know or made a police report of lost property when it happened over 30days ago. Most states, if porperty is not claimed in 30days then it belongs to the finder. No one stole it you didnt care to look for it or keep an eye on it. Grow up and act like adults or get out of the game before you ruin for all of us.
Paul Walters i could honestly care less about the whole legal crap about theft or even who owned the flag... the photo clearly depicts disrespect and is unsportsmanlike... if that's part of the game to you.. sure.. but there is a massive lack of respect going on with what is depicted.
ReplyDeletethe actions in the video are even moreso.
#fuckyourflag I took it
ReplyDeleteHe was busy breaking a phone and deserting one of his teammates in Vegas to keep track of his flag
ReplyDeleteBan them all. 🙌
ReplyDeleteVery sad when over a flag people cry. When ENL complain about anything it gets "fixed" on the quickness. RES complain about something it's like it never happened. You should have left this alone Joe. IMO both sides need to grow up and play a game. I'm not favoring either side, I just call it how I see it personally
ReplyDeletePaul Walters You need to go brush up on Nevada law. Jennifer Barry posted the relevant info for you earlier in the thread.
ReplyDeleteMaybe he didn't bring it up because he didn't know it was stolen and thought it was lost?
You should also go through the video and thread. The resistance player who was carrying the flag, admits, on video, that he STOLE that flag. He didn't find it, he STOLE it, it's on tape, as plain as day.
It's sad that your team doesn't consider "Assault" serious enough to try and do something about, but I guess we live in different worlds. I'd press charges against the ENL guy if I could, but if you need a witness statement, let me know and I'd be happy to provide one, his behavior was uncalled for.
It's alright though, continue to defend your players and their terrible attitudes. It's pretty clear to anyone who reads this thread who the guilty ones are.
So disappointing.
ReplyDeleteWalter Deleon chupame
ReplyDeleteGood on you Joe Philley #itsjustagame #factionsneedleaders #letslearnfromthis
ReplyDelete:(
ReplyDeleteI, personally, take offense to you lumping ALL #Resistance agents into this mess.
ReplyDeleteEvery time anyone from either faction tries to make friends with the opposing faction (in my area), both sides have agents going in to a fury about win trading. Threatening to report. Threatening to shame, etcetera.
ReplyDeleteWin trading, by definition, means that BOTH sides won; how could that possibly be a bad thing?
The only possible reason it could be viewed as someone getting wrong would be the players who refuse to make friends with the opposing faction. And that sounds like a damn good reason to do it.
Unique caps? Massive AP gains. Cross faction field art? Repeal the win-trading rules, and frogs and smurfs will hold hands and play together.
Scott Jacobs you have the right idea. Good luck to you.
ReplyDeleteDustin Harwood If you look above in the comments you'll see that the enlightened agent who tackled the resistance agent is going to face disciplinary actions unless he makes it right and apologies. (more then that I don't know since I'm not a part of that community)
ReplyDeleteHowever what I want to know from the resistance is what does a resistance agent have to do to face disciplinary action, since I can't find a single comment condemning the theft of property and the willful destruction of others property. If I missed it I apologize please copy and paste for me.
Paul Walters gone missing "taking something" when someone's not looking and claiming they magically gain possession of it "is steeling bro" I was in Vagas and I overhead a group of your fucken smurfs talking about steeling a flag...... I assumed that they will give it back because this "is just a fucken game" but I guess they didn't!
ReplyDeleteCJ Pryvate Don't hold the actions of a few resistance against the resistance as a whole. It is wrong to hold the entire resistance guilty of theft and destruction of property.
ReplyDeleteHowever until a resistance agent comes forward and says theft and destruction of property is wrong and says those resistance agents need to face disciplinary action unless they make it right (apologize and pay the owner of the flag compensation), we can hold the resistance guilty of approving of theft and destruction of property.
But do not hold them guilty for more then they rightly deserve that just reflects badly on you and the rest of us enlightened.
:(
ReplyDeleteBottom line...a picture says a thousand words whether it was actually set ablaze or not. Immature grown ups...my 7-year old acts better and has better debating tactics. Some of you are just tacky.
ReplyDeleteDude let's stir up more drama.
ReplyDeleteHey look I am Resistance and I don't care who did what, why they did it, etc. I don't care about the flags, or the cell phone. What I am getting is that multiple so called adults made a lot of poor decisions which immediately impacted a lot of people and now is rippling outward, impacting others. More importantly, what I want to know if the child is fine, other than seeing a bunch of adults act like asses over a game and flag? If I was standing outside of the game, a non player, I would be asking myself wtf are these people doing letting a child get hurt and brawling in public?
ReplyDeleteWhat Dean Nielson said. Did I look like I was going to burn a flag? No. Did my entire faction? No. Did the entire Enlightened push a kid and break a phone? No. To apologize to the entire Enlightened faction makes little sense here. To shame the entire Resistance makes no sense at all. It sounds like a few assholes stinking up the place from both sides. Is that a new thing? Past the private parties involved in these sideways interactions - wtfc? We all do it seems, huh? We must have a lot of time on our hands to whine about a bunch of stuff that doesn't concern us. #lamefirstworldproblems
ReplyDeleteYou RE who are all up in arms about an EN agent trampling a child: have you considered what life lessons you taught that same child? Would you allow your child to go onto a school sports field and behave this way? Don't be surprised when he/she does.
ReplyDeleteNate M I'm not expecting an apology from the resistance since they don't owe anyone an apology, those who did the actions are those who owe an apology and restitution for theft and destruction of others property. (already commented that the enlightened is being disciplined.) However it would be nice If I could see a resistance explicitly say that stealing others property and destroying it is wrong.
ReplyDeleteNobody is right in this situation, the res for taunting, the enl for resorting to violence, or Joe Philley for the inflammatory post.
ReplyDeleteI want to see Michael Anderson holding hands with Chaz Walker
ReplyDeleteActually Joe Philley has the right to post to get something sorted in case something develops in the future with these similar agents.
ReplyDeleteDon't start no shit, won't be no shit.
Res shouldn't have taunted and enlightened shouldn't have come back with strong force but holding a flag with a flame like that is like holding a flame on an american flag. There is a terrible message there.
Lol
ReplyDeleteArtur Hawk. Stealing others property and destroying it is wrong. I'm not taking sides here though. Just giving you a blanket statement.
ReplyDeleteThis isn't cute. Not one bit. Don't care what colour you are.
ReplyDeleteLexy Rochelle if that was the intent, then a private message or two would have accomplished the goal. This was for nothing more than public shaming, and has already lasted longer and been more inflammatory than the original act.
ReplyDeleteWhy is Joe Philley marketing this? Isn't this obvious... Ah, I just recalled his faction. 😂
ReplyDeleteYou also don't know if the enlightened who struck back was a vet or maybe in the army soooo stealing a flag or burning a flag could have seriously bought up some shit from the past for him.
ReplyDeleteEveryone calm your t1ts
ReplyDeleteNate M Close enough to make me think there might still be hope for the resistance to learn that sportsmanship is something to enforce internally.
ReplyDeleteJohn Mazur I'm against public shaming but the only way to find out who they are he needed to post a picture. Sorry but that's stupid and I have a lot of res friends but those 3 stooges need to be banned, and if I need to I will find out myself.
ReplyDeleteArtur Hawk, sir, again I repeat. We shouldn't hold an entire group of people accountable for the misdeeds of a few. Crappy acts and attitudes, cheating, defamation on both sides abound.
ReplyDeleteBunch of pricks. Come to Seattle and do this. I Dare you.
ReplyDeleteDirty hooks.
ReplyDeleteShout out to all the pears!
ReplyDeleteThis isn't a faction issue. Faction affiliation has nothing to do with anything here. This post is also not public shaming and I believe Joe Philley, like everyone else, should be able to post and say whatever they want on their personal G+ page. Don't like it? Don't follow.
ReplyDeleteLexy Rochelle, I'm sure they didn't have an open burn permit either! Brush? Grass? Crop? Weeds? Newp, none of those things.
ReplyDeleteNo smoke, no fire?
ReplyDeleteNate M No permits anywhere!
ReplyDeleteThis is a game. Teasing happens... it's harmless unless everyone starts getting physically violent. Everyone needs to calm down and address the fact that teasing happens (ever been to a sports game?) And that this situation lost control over itself and people started getting hurt. Is it really worth breaking someone else's arm just to get a piece of cloth back (in all circumstances, not just this one). What happened, happened; everyone involved needs to say sorry for letting things get out of control. Everyone else, learn a lesson here instead of pointing fingers at each other. This is a game, not WWE. Address problems civilly if you feel like there is a lack of respect - you're all grown adults and should be able to handle problems without violence.
ReplyDeleteNate M I don't. There are people like you in the resistance who think sportsmanship is a good thing. (I've met a couple of you online, so while theoretically you all could be trolling me I prefer to think otherwise) However every local resistance agent I've met has unfortunately, been of 'the other kind'. (I say local because Minneapolis seems to have the market cornered on sportsmanship on both sides. Sadly I can not say the same for Indianapolis.)
ReplyDeleteI do not, nor will I ever hold every single member of the resistance guilty for something. However experience has taught me that the the resistance in GENERAL (not every single resistance agent) needs to learn that sportsmanship is a good thing.
My comment was about the general resistance as I've experienced them. Not an blanket "every resistance agent is like this" When I read those statements on either side I want to laugh and tell them to visit Minneapolis.
Miguel Contreras
ReplyDeletePlease visit my website www.whereismyflag.com
ReplyDeletexy set Teasing happens, and is a fun and healthy part of the game. However theft and destruction of others property is not teasing.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to check my other website www.toad-tears.com
ReplyDeleteCJ Pryvate I bet you feel proud bashing on a woman especially online. It you got something to say to her feel free to direct it towards me, I'm sure we can find a way to settle this # LAOnda #FTP
ReplyDeleteMike Nielsen I'll be there to take pictures because POIDH.
ReplyDeleteMiguel Contreras no reason to get your panties in a wad... she wants to act like trash then no one should be upset when she's called out on it
ReplyDeleteI know some great RES agents and have heard of some rotten folks who call ENL their team. The actions of these agents are not the responsibility of their respective factions, but I think it's great that we stand together as #teamteal and say we don't condone this as part of our game and our communities.
ReplyDeleteI would also like to hear that this child is okay if anyone knows.