Looking good love the smile !

Looking good love the smile !

#IngressSmiles  

Originally shared by Joanne Jones (glitterdragon)

I had a #IngressFields #PhilleyFields #BlameElsa weekend:

Friday at noon I got an email that our building was being closed because of snow. We already had 3 snow days earlier this week, during which I didn't leave my house because I worked remotely and was sick.

This day I had no desire to go home, a good vehicle, years of winter experience from growing up in Iowa and just 50 control fields between me and L13. So at 1pm I set out.

I started at a line of local statues at a shopping center nearby (the Frisco Bulls). After they were done I started branching out. At 3pm I linked a mall to an indoor skydiving place and levelled. But I didn't feel like I was done.

I have been wanting to field Frisco Commons (local park/trail) for weeks, ever since I did a mission there but only threw one link before a multistate BAF went up.

What an wonderful decision. It was beautiful. The snow was falling and the quiet was only punctuated by the crunch of snow under my shoes and laughter of children sledding in the park. I didn't realize how much I had missed being out in winter, true snowy winter. I captured and fielded a significant part of the park but ran out of daylight.

The Bulls had been smashed while I was walking, so I recaptured and refielded them on the way home and expanded my fields out some more. They're really fun to field.

The freezing rain Friday night made the roads icy on Saturday but I still had cabin fever. I visited some portals in my neighborhood to get a feel for the roads and feeling confident, drove the 30 minutes back to the Commons. After a few hours I was done (slow going due to icy sidewalks). Sadly I only got to enjoy it for a few minutes (literally) after taking my screenshot before a RES agent started taking down the edges. But I had achieved what I set out to do.

I forgot to screenshot my beginning stats on Friday but I made 250+ fields and earned 1 million+ AP this weekend. And had a blast doing so!

Thanks to Joe Philley​ for the extra inspiration to get out there and make some fields and to cYsmix​ for the soundtrack (check him out on Bandcamp).













Comments

Popular posts from this blog