#Ingress at its best.
#Ingress at its best.
Very sorry for your lost but its good to know the agents were there when needed!
Originally shared by Yusuf Supriyadi
When I first playing #Ingress almost two years ago, I was just being curious of what is this game that my buddy talked about all the time, never in my imagination that a game can evolved to something so much more than just a game for me.
During my time of play, I found out that I gathered many friends that made me feel like I am a part of a big family, and for me, now, I know that this family is not only about the shared adventure and the happy memory, but also the time of need. This story is about several of them.
Sometime last year, my little sister moved to Bali, and since the last time we met, I leave her angrily, I never been in contact with her for so long. One of the regrets in my life.
On March 25th, I received a phone call from my mom, telling me that my sister just passed away in Bali. I tried to negate the news by considering this as just another trick that some of the criminals pulled in order to scam money from a panic relatives that has been going around lately. Since my sisters move to Bali is quite recent and I haven't got the chance to know her friends, thus when I called the number that my mom gave me, I didn't trust the person on the other line that claimed to be her friend.
I needed to confirm the news, nevertheless, didn't have any relatives living in bali, and I don't have any colleagues that I could ask a favor to. The only connection that I have there is the Bali Enlightened. I started contacting them and asking if anyone can help me confirm the news. The first confirmation I received is from Surya Kusuma (@exodiahack) that can't go the hospital but he said that he got a friend at the hospital where my sister was hospitalized for the last few days, and that he confirmed that there's a patient with my sisters name and description registered at the hospital. The second one is IW Arista MA (@maong) that happened to be near the hospital and in a time not longer than 30 minutes can come to the hospital and send me a picture of my sister. By this time I believed that my sister passed away. Those two people I have never met in real life but I can really trust their words.
It didn't stop there, when I came to Bali, I was picked up at the airport, delivered to the hospital, accompanied through out the night up to the point where all of my affairs is completed and I left Bali with my sister's body.
Not only that, before I came to bali, there's something else that I don't know about. There's slight of a problem that the body of my sister had to be moved from the patient wing to the morgue and in order to do so, the administration must be settled first. When I come to the hospital, my sisters body is already settled in the morgue and only when I settled the administration, I found out that @maong left his bike registration as a guarantee to the hospital. His decisiveness and kindness is much more than those of my sisters friends whom also were there but did nothing to take any responsibility. No words I can express to describe how grateful I was for what he did then.
There's also a story that I heard from my sisters friend that when they asked who is @maong and what he was to me, they were amazed that a game can make a person who has never met before can build a huge bond of trust and make them willing to do more as a family would.
So, #Ingress is not only for the happy times, but it also served me in my time of need.
Thank you Ingress Indonesia Enlightened, Enlightened Bali, Surya Kusuma and most of all, IW Arista MA
This is my #IngressStory
@cupiiiii
Cc: Matilde Tusberti Joe Philley John Hanke


Very sorry for your lost but its good to know the agents were there when needed!
Originally shared by Yusuf Supriyadi
When I first playing #Ingress almost two years ago, I was just being curious of what is this game that my buddy talked about all the time, never in my imagination that a game can evolved to something so much more than just a game for me.
During my time of play, I found out that I gathered many friends that made me feel like I am a part of a big family, and for me, now, I know that this family is not only about the shared adventure and the happy memory, but also the time of need. This story is about several of them.
Sometime last year, my little sister moved to Bali, and since the last time we met, I leave her angrily, I never been in contact with her for so long. One of the regrets in my life.
On March 25th, I received a phone call from my mom, telling me that my sister just passed away in Bali. I tried to negate the news by considering this as just another trick that some of the criminals pulled in order to scam money from a panic relatives that has been going around lately. Since my sisters move to Bali is quite recent and I haven't got the chance to know her friends, thus when I called the number that my mom gave me, I didn't trust the person on the other line that claimed to be her friend.
I needed to confirm the news, nevertheless, didn't have any relatives living in bali, and I don't have any colleagues that I could ask a favor to. The only connection that I have there is the Bali Enlightened. I started contacting them and asking if anyone can help me confirm the news. The first confirmation I received is from Surya Kusuma (@exodiahack) that can't go the hospital but he said that he got a friend at the hospital where my sister was hospitalized for the last few days, and that he confirmed that there's a patient with my sisters name and description registered at the hospital. The second one is IW Arista MA (@maong) that happened to be near the hospital and in a time not longer than 30 minutes can come to the hospital and send me a picture of my sister. By this time I believed that my sister passed away. Those two people I have never met in real life but I can really trust their words.
It didn't stop there, when I came to Bali, I was picked up at the airport, delivered to the hospital, accompanied through out the night up to the point where all of my affairs is completed and I left Bali with my sister's body.
Not only that, before I came to bali, there's something else that I don't know about. There's slight of a problem that the body of my sister had to be moved from the patient wing to the morgue and in order to do so, the administration must be settled first. When I come to the hospital, my sisters body is already settled in the morgue and only when I settled the administration, I found out that @maong left his bike registration as a guarantee to the hospital. His decisiveness and kindness is much more than those of my sisters friends whom also were there but did nothing to take any responsibility. No words I can express to describe how grateful I was for what he did then.
There's also a story that I heard from my sisters friend that when they asked who is @maong and what he was to me, they were amazed that a game can make a person who has never met before can build a huge bond of trust and make them willing to do more as a family would.
So, #Ingress is not only for the happy times, but it also served me in my time of need.
Thank you Ingress Indonesia Enlightened, Enlightened Bali, Surya Kusuma and most of all, IW Arista MA
This is my #IngressStory
@cupiiiii
Cc: Matilde Tusberti Joe Philley John Hanke

💗💗
ReplyDeleteCondolences and wow.
ReplyDeleteI to know ur pain and joy...i recently lost my husband resistance agent @warfighter53...people i didnt know resistance and enlightened alike came together and showed amazing support...making & wearing buttons n his honor during Shonin...a cross faction op on Valentine's day...and so much more...it is such a comfort to know our ingress fellow agents help in RL as well as the game...an amazing bunch of people...so sorry for ur loss and prayers
ReplyDeletemy condolences to you. Yes this game is truly a great way to meet great people.
ReplyDeleteMy condolences to you, and I'm glad to be part of the Enl family and hear this kind of stories. My best wishes for you all.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. So glad to hear the Ingress community was there to support you! Best wishes to you and all who helped you.
ReplyDelete