Did you make a mission this weekend?
Did you make a mission this weekend?
#Ingress #IngressRoadTrips #IngressMissions
https://plus.google.com/107179591490960059904/stories/f6c5a61a-228e-30d4-9684-f978e034801914d65bfd37b
#Ingress #IngressRoadTrips #IngressMissions
https://plus.google.com/107179591490960059904/stories/f6c5a61a-228e-30d4-9684-f978e034801914d65bfd37b
I have so far not participated in missions. While I am sure there are some well thought out and fun missions I have seen far too many from both factions that were created specifically to spite another group of agents. It's too bad that everyone couldn't take it more seriously and not take the opportunity to antagonize other local agents. I was with another agent who was doing a mission out of state and the local ENL were terrible to him. I'm sure it happens in both factions but deploying a resonator on a bunch of local enemy couch / work portals is just a spiteful mission.
ReplyDeleteSure I did, but not only at weekends ;-) #305
ReplyDeleteHad a long weekend from Thursday on
ReplyDeleteEnough for 167 missions 😀
We have a mission hog around these parts, no sense in even trying to compete other maybe in the quality dept. When you're in a rush to make so many, then quality is lost. Now most of the missions and medals around here are poorly done, have faction bias medals and are really bland compared to other areas. My 72yr old Mom won't even do any more of the ones they've made made around here. That bad. Out of the area sure. But not here. She says missions should be fun and give you nice medals, not faction based B.S. and after looking at her medals, she's right, Charleston WV's missions were awesome in comparison.
ReplyDeleteI think missions are a good idea that has been abused by too many. A good mission should show you or teach you something new. I see way too many missions or series of missions created just to grief other players/factions.
ReplyDeleteDan Welch Agreed wholeheartedly. The privilege of creating missions should not be abused with slews of crappy missions to fill the ego with or used as a constant tool to despoil the enemy's turf. This game is better than that. History, travel, adventure, All great stuff. #Ingressmissionsforgood #IngressForaCause #IngressForChange now these kinds of missions are icing on the Niantic cake for me. Kudos to anyone that does well for their community beyond exhibiting awesome history or features.
ReplyDeleteI have yet to even find or make time for doing missions, let alone glyph, (life is for the living) but I've discussed this many times and have spoken w/ several agents that won't do any missions that do not appeal to them, or they just don't want the poor quality badges in their collection.
There prob should be some sort of an unbiased agent trust rating system within the game updating constantly off our data steam ie., Reports, reporting, data correction, submissions quality, name changes. location moves etc etc. All if it should really be taken into account. Certainly the data is there. Anyone who overdoes it in a negative direction should go down in rating and those who do positive and open works should good up. Ah, a dreamer... lol
I guess missions quality is like portal approval quality. Varied and confusing with strange rules.
ReplyDeleteMike Hollifield A definite lack of effective oversight and QC in that dept for sure it seems at this time. We can only hope for redress and moderation of the issue through some alternate means such as the Ingress/Niantic G+ pages. I'm a big writer, but not sure I want to jump in that ring and irritate my detractors with these thoughts.lol
ReplyDeleteMichael Butler lol yeah I try to stay off my soapbox when it comes to free games. If I paid to play ingress I would expect a different experience.
ReplyDelete