"Then I discovered that I could submit new portals, I started to discover things around me that I had seen all my...
"Then I discovered that I could submit new portals, I started to discover things around me that I had seen all my life, but never really paid attention to them. I started to read the inscriptions on memorials, and talk to people along the way."
#ThisIsIngress #Ingress
Originally shared by Charles Barnard
Level 16....Finally!
I started playing ingress in January of 2013, back then it was invite only. And Bermuda had less than twenty portals and only a few players. You could deploy four Mods, recycle, that was a bin on my desktop. Capsules where on rockets, and the scanner worked fast as the animations where few.
Two weeks for a portal to degrade, no Jarvis or Ada to flip and destroy. It was In a word... Boring!
Then I discovered that I could submit new portals, I started to discover things around me that I had seen all my life, but never really paid attention to them. I started to read the inscriptions on memorials, and talk to people along the way.
Then I discovered comms, just who where all these people, and why do they want to talk to me??? What's an op, and why do they need our help. I decided to answer one day and that led to my discovering just how big ingres really was.
A resistance agent flew to Bermuda and we had a day of key farming deploying and fielding. It was a great day and I was starting to see a little more down the rabbit hole!
Later on Unite 8 happened and then the first Shard, which then moved on to artifacts and more. I have met numerous agents from around the world, and made quite a few friends,
Ingress agents seem to go out of their way to help, especially when one is stuck in the middle of a resort in the mountains with no transport or groceries in the fridge!
Initially this was to be a post about how I reached level 16, but you know, I could never have done it without family (a very understanding wife) friends and agents both resistance and..... Even enlightened, without them I would have had nothing to attack!
Also big thanks to the team at Niantic for giving us the opportunity to see our world, a little different.



#ThisIsIngress #Ingress
Originally shared by Charles Barnard
Level 16....Finally!
I started playing ingress in January of 2013, back then it was invite only. And Bermuda had less than twenty portals and only a few players. You could deploy four Mods, recycle, that was a bin on my desktop. Capsules where on rockets, and the scanner worked fast as the animations where few.
Two weeks for a portal to degrade, no Jarvis or Ada to flip and destroy. It was In a word... Boring!
Then I discovered that I could submit new portals, I started to discover things around me that I had seen all my life, but never really paid attention to them. I started to read the inscriptions on memorials, and talk to people along the way.
Then I discovered comms, just who where all these people, and why do they want to talk to me??? What's an op, and why do they need our help. I decided to answer one day and that led to my discovering just how big ingres really was.
A resistance agent flew to Bermuda and we had a day of key farming deploying and fielding. It was a great day and I was starting to see a little more down the rabbit hole!
Later on Unite 8 happened and then the first Shard, which then moved on to artifacts and more. I have met numerous agents from around the world, and made quite a few friends,
Ingress agents seem to go out of their way to help, especially when one is stuck in the middle of a resort in the mountains with no transport or groceries in the fridge!
Initially this was to be a post about how I reached level 16, but you know, I could never have done it without family (a very understanding wife) friends and agents both resistance and..... Even enlightened, without them I would have had nothing to attack!
Also big thanks to the team at Niantic for giving us the opportunity to see our world, a little different.



Comments
Post a Comment