Most excellent #IngressRoadTrip

Most excellent #IngressRoadTrip  

Originally shared by William Olsen

I don't think this qualifies as extreme Ingress, but one of our local Enlightened seems to think driving to a portal qualifies. https://plus.google.com/+JeffBradshaw/posts/L29vTN5S7UK

Today I drove there in my 2WD Toyota FJ Cruiser and took the portal back (I'm the one referenced in the video).  As always, Death Valley is amazing.  Came across a herd of donkeys near the portal and had great views from the top at Mengel Pass. I'll give him credit that high clearance is required to get to the portal, but 4WD isn't necessary.  It's an area that isn't well traveled by Death Valley visitors, but is definitely worth the time if you are in the area.






Comments

  1. Yes you can get near it but you hiked the rest of the way by the way it looks. This portal is easier to get to others in DV are not. Coming in from the east side is the easier side to stone cairn. Go all the way over mangel pass to ballerat then do the pleasant valley loop. That is what you saw in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd certainly call the 10 hour hike to Mt Tipton "extreme ingress"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Title