The Hague/Den Haag
The Hague/Den Haag
2nd May FS
Cross-faction activities are never an easy thing to manage... simply trying to plan something with members of your own faction is enough of a challenge, but in a competitive game where the stakes are high (egos could get temporarily shattered - the equivalent of shooting a nerd in the groin), there will always be people who are against cross-faction cooperation. Then there are the rest of us who actually just enjoy getting together to have some damn fun!
I've been to The Hague before - in 2008 - but that was just for the day and I didn't even really appreciate where I was. This time around, I decided to even plan a route to walk through the city - taking me from Centraal to the beach! I had a lovely coffee with Remy Entius who gave me a brief overview of what Ingress-related goodies The Hague has to offer! He was amused by my plan to walk to the beach, which was ironic because...
When playing Ingress, as in life, the best plans laid plans of mice and men go awry - that's a nice way of saying PEW PEW PEW SCREW DIRECTIONS!! SCREW THE BEACH!! DESTROY ALL GREEN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Basically, after about 3 hours and a couple of hundred XMPs, I wondered where I was and took a look at the map.
Not even close to where I had planned to go!
I ended up catching a bus to the beach, which was excellent for some busgress along the way - that really boosted my unique visits count! I ended up on the Theo Janssen beach - the physicist/artist that makes those weird moving animal things... very appropriate, very windy, and y'all have some weird-ass sand!!
Thanks to Frank de Ruiter , I had a place to stay, but thanks to the city being so frikkin' amazing, I only ended up making my way there in the dead of night (that's a lie, it was probably around 10 PM or so, but still). I managed to give a few people some unecessary strokes/heart attacks/epileptic seizures by "losing" the key - actually I put it down somewhere safe and just forgot. PHEW! 12 hours of gut-wrenching guilt and some discussions about changing two locks and buying 50 keys later, the key was found, so thanks goodness for that!! Your hospitality and friendliness will never be forgotten and the favour shall be returned when you are ever in Germany!
But let's get to the juicy stuff: The FS! Timothy Claassens and Kira Kage organised a great event - I'm even not sour about my own FS falling through because I got to go to theirs - it was WAY better! They have a trophy that changes colour based on the winning faction, they had chocolates, I drank Whiskey, and of course, Kenneth Linzey made lots and lots of AP :) The weather was perfect, I got to meet a few #teamzero peeps and hang out with cool characters like Berry BOdenhaag and Lord TwoDark... oh and Julia Vivienne Loverdose was there too - she and some crazy peeps fielded the FS!! That was a funny conversation... "What are YOU doing here?" - "You're just as far from home, what are YOU doing here?" XD I also have some epic pictures. I even printed one out on A2 paper and stuck it on my wall.
How much AP did I make? NONE! I had some work to do during the trip, and since I spent the previous day smashing and beaching, I had to push out some files quick-fast! This made me late for FS registration, but it did ensure that I went past the Peace Palace, so it's a mixed victory... Obviously I have to go again for the next one :)
To everyone that I couldn't mention but who was there - you guys frikkin' rock! It was an epic experience - I have SO much more to say, but even this is the TL;DR version!!
#FS070 #FSDenHaag














2nd May FS
Cross-faction activities are never an easy thing to manage... simply trying to plan something with members of your own faction is enough of a challenge, but in a competitive game where the stakes are high (egos could get temporarily shattered - the equivalent of shooting a nerd in the groin), there will always be people who are against cross-faction cooperation. Then there are the rest of us who actually just enjoy getting together to have some damn fun!
I've been to The Hague before - in 2008 - but that was just for the day and I didn't even really appreciate where I was. This time around, I decided to even plan a route to walk through the city - taking me from Centraal to the beach! I had a lovely coffee with Remy Entius who gave me a brief overview of what Ingress-related goodies The Hague has to offer! He was amused by my plan to walk to the beach, which was ironic because...
When playing Ingress, as in life, the best plans laid plans of mice and men go awry - that's a nice way of saying PEW PEW PEW SCREW DIRECTIONS!! SCREW THE BEACH!! DESTROY ALL GREEN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Basically, after about 3 hours and a couple of hundred XMPs, I wondered where I was and took a look at the map.
Not even close to where I had planned to go!
I ended up catching a bus to the beach, which was excellent for some busgress along the way - that really boosted my unique visits count! I ended up on the Theo Janssen beach - the physicist/artist that makes those weird moving animal things... very appropriate, very windy, and y'all have some weird-ass sand!!
Thanks to Frank de Ruiter , I had a place to stay, but thanks to the city being so frikkin' amazing, I only ended up making my way there in the dead of night (that's a lie, it was probably around 10 PM or so, but still). I managed to give a few people some unecessary strokes/heart attacks/epileptic seizures by "losing" the key - actually I put it down somewhere safe and just forgot. PHEW! 12 hours of gut-wrenching guilt and some discussions about changing two locks and buying 50 keys later, the key was found, so thanks goodness for that!! Your hospitality and friendliness will never be forgotten and the favour shall be returned when you are ever in Germany!
But let's get to the juicy stuff: The FS! Timothy Claassens and Kira Kage organised a great event - I'm even not sour about my own FS falling through because I got to go to theirs - it was WAY better! They have a trophy that changes colour based on the winning faction, they had chocolates, I drank Whiskey, and of course, Kenneth Linzey made lots and lots of AP :) The weather was perfect, I got to meet a few #teamzero peeps and hang out with cool characters like Berry BOdenhaag and Lord TwoDark... oh and Julia Vivienne Loverdose was there too - she and some crazy peeps fielded the FS!! That was a funny conversation... "What are YOU doing here?" - "You're just as far from home, what are YOU doing here?" XD I also have some epic pictures. I even printed one out on A2 paper and stuck it on my wall.
How much AP did I make? NONE! I had some work to do during the trip, and since I spent the previous day smashing and beaching, I had to push out some files quick-fast! This made me late for FS registration, but it did ensure that I went past the Peace Palace, so it's a mixed victory... Obviously I have to go again for the next one :)
To everyone that I couldn't mention but who was there - you guys frikkin' rock! It was an epic experience - I have SO much more to say, but even this is the TL;DR version!!
#FS070 #FSDenHaag













Comments
Post a Comment