#GORUCK agents at #Persepolis DC.Sign up for the Portland event at: http://www.goruck.com/ingress help your...

#GORUCK agents at #Persepolis DC.Sign up for the Portland event at: http://www.goruck.com/ingress help your faction get fit and have a good time all in one.
An amazing experience!
ReplyDeleteDon't take it lightly! Prep for what's entailed
ReplyDeleteCan one of you guys explain this GORUCK thing to me? All I got is that you have to pay for the registration and play an Anomaly like usual? Whats the Adventszeit? Except the medal and the Patch...
ReplyDeleteIt's about experience Mark Meyer . It's not usual anomaly stuff. Normally anomalies are won with virtual gear. Greatly simplified, the team that farms the most and has a generally solid plan wins. This adds physical challenges to the equation. The first challenge in DC involved holding your ruck sack over your head longer than the other team. The winning faction got access to the location of volatiles 15 minutes ahead of the other faction. That's pretty significant. The other challenges offer similar advantages. Whether Ingress is ready or not, GORUCK challenges are now part of the events. I know that some of what I enjoyed is that it wasn't the same old game. It's physically challenging, at least for the ingressors hehehe.... But it's about building teamwork and accomplishing things together. I know that Ingress folks already do that to a large extent, but this offers another unique way of doing that.
ReplyDeleteIs it worth $75? Absolutely. There is a $5 discount for sharing on social media and another if you are member of govx.com .
The Ingress Community and GORUCK communities are both groups of folks that like to get out and explore the world, albeit in different ways. This Challenge is a natural mashup of those two worlds. I'm glad John Hanke and John "Big Daddy" made this happen.
Thanks for the explanation +Ivan Russell Sounds like a great Addition to the Ingress anomalies.
ReplyDeleteHopefully they will bring a similar thing to Europe someday. :D
John Hanke
I would totally do it, but only if they're cool with my carrying my kiddo around. I'll do a plate, too. Or whatever.
ReplyDelete