Today at Edwards in 1945: The Northrop YB-35 Flying Wing made its first flight.
Today at Edwards in 1945: The Northrop YB-35 Flying Wing made its first flight. Company pilot Max Stanley (on the right walking under the airplane) flew the giant aircraft from Hawthorne to Muroc Dry Lake. The YB-35 was the culmination of many years of experiment and development. The new bomber was powered by four large air-cooled radial engines, each driving a pair of coaxial counter-rotating pusher propellers.
#Throwbackthrusday


#Throwbackthrusday


Wow. 70 years ago.
ReplyDeleteDavid Timothy when you get here we'll show you lots of history! (today I'm at the site where rocket history started)
ReplyDeleteIt just didn't turn or bank very well.
ReplyDeleteFlying fotress
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a little kid, I found a bag of Warplanes that were for some kind of game at a rummage sale. I purposely broke the front and the back of an airplane off just so I could have my own flying wing
ReplyDeleteTrey Rush
ReplyDeleteThe precursor to the B2 Bomber: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_B-2_Spirit Also a Northrup(-Grumman) product.
ReplyDelete