Hero


Hero

#rickmoranis 

Originally shared by 1,000,000 Pictures

Good Guy (Father) Rick Moranis 
Like him or not, I do admire Rick Moranis. He retired from Hollywood, to be a stay at home dad, after his wife died of breast cancer. Why did he do this? Because Rick Moranis, who grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, had had a happy wonderful childhood, and he wanted to recreate that for his own kids in Manhattan. He felt that the adage, "90 percent of success is just being there" to be true. "When my kids came home, there was music, and there were lights on, and there were great smells coming out of the kitchen," he said. "And it was just a joyful place to be, and that's what I wanted." My mother died of Leukemia and my dad took care of me and my two older brothers. He did a great job raising us and I could only hope to be half the man he is. I admire Rick and I can relate to his struggle. 

Follow Us For More : 1,000,000 Pictures

Comments

  1. As a stay at home father I can agree and anyone that puts home and hearth in front of fame and fortunes is an ace in my book. I would so much rather be rich in spirit and poor in the pocket than visa versa. It's hard times and the struggle of life that builds strong character, without hardship how can one appreciate the good times?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine having him as a father.. "Of course, I always have coffee before I look at radar."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put my kids first in everything and am so glad I did. Sure I could have made millions more but who gives a crap. Now they are both in college and I can do what I want now. To all of you parents out there; you are NO LONGER the priority once you have kids. Stop spending your time and energy on things that don't matter. Your kids will be there when you are dying (you better hope they will) and all of that other crap you wasted your life on will be meaningless. Now stop reading this and tuck your kids in, read them a story, watch a movie with them, play a board game, hug and kiss your wife goodnight and stop thinking you are the priority.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog