Level 16!
Level 16!
Even though my official start to #Ingress was in January 2013, I like to consider January 2014 when I really started playing. 2013 was a really tough year for me which included a 3 month stay in treatment for my eating disorder. I left treatment not knowing what to do with all my free time, not knowing what friends I had left after pushing most of them away during my descent into anorexia. Jon Pohlkamp suggested I give Ingress another try and with this post you should know it was a great suggestion.
Ingress has allowed me to meet amazing people, many of whom I can now call friends, to be a part of big and small fielding ops (including Ingress Obsessed), to travel to new and exciting places, learn more about where I live, and join some great communities to only name a few. It has become part of my daily life and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I wish I could report that I left my problems behind me when I started playing Ingress. I wish that by making new friends and traveling to new places my eating disorder, anxiety, and depression would be things of the past. I wish that I could be "fixed" and just be a normal person. I can't live on wishes but I CAN live on the amazing support that everyone has given me both inside and outside of the game. Thank you for showing me that life is dirty and nothing is perfect no matter how much I wish for it.
Here's to all of my #Ingressfriends I met on my journey to 16, to those I haven't met yet, and to the next 40 million AP.







Even though my official start to #Ingress was in January 2013, I like to consider January 2014 when I really started playing. 2013 was a really tough year for me which included a 3 month stay in treatment for my eating disorder. I left treatment not knowing what to do with all my free time, not knowing what friends I had left after pushing most of them away during my descent into anorexia. Jon Pohlkamp suggested I give Ingress another try and with this post you should know it was a great suggestion.
Ingress has allowed me to meet amazing people, many of whom I can now call friends, to be a part of big and small fielding ops (including Ingress Obsessed), to travel to new and exciting places, learn more about where I live, and join some great communities to only name a few. It has become part of my daily life and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I wish I could report that I left my problems behind me when I started playing Ingress. I wish that by making new friends and traveling to new places my eating disorder, anxiety, and depression would be things of the past. I wish that I could be "fixed" and just be a normal person. I can't live on wishes but I CAN live on the amazing support that everyone has given me both inside and outside of the game. Thank you for showing me that life is dirty and nothing is perfect no matter how much I wish for it.
Here's to all of my #Ingressfriends I met on my journey to 16, to those I haven't met yet, and to the next 40 million AP.






Good luck and best wishes on your journey
ReplyDeleteYou see, Niantic were damn right when they warned you "Reality is not what it seems" it's even better! 😄 People in the game are giving you strong positive motivation. You swell and that's wonderful! Keep rolling
ReplyDelete