Most excellent.

Most excellent.

Originally shared by Perry Vaughan

Operation "NotNachos"

Many months ago while at home I turned to @ColonelQuincy and stated "You know what, I want to design a baf". At the time I had no plans to actually throw it, however as I slowly designed this over the course of the next few nights I decided it needed to be built. 

I reached out to my cohorts across the state asking @romgar1 to gather keys to Ashland, and @adranth to gather keys to Gainesville. I myself would gather the keys to Cullman. As this plan slowly came together many people told me "We should find somewhere else for the northern anchor; Cullman will get taken down too quickly". Little did I know how prophetic this would be. I choose to stand strong on my plan decided not to modify it and pushed on. 

It was at this time we contacted the best dispatcher I know @kazoodles, who proved extremely valuable to our efforts. Slowly over time we acquired all the keys we needed, and collected volunteers to help clear lanes. 

We struggled for a strong time to determine a date that we would be able to throw, a date was chosen then scrapped, then a new date. Eventually an official date was chosen July 25th. Clearing took place throughout the week with the lanes slowly being cleared, and finally it was Saturday. Several hours before throw time large blue blocking links appeared blocking our path. We quickly checked our channels to find people to take out these blocking links. Stepping up to the task @barbaroi52 quickly took off to jarvis one of the offending portals.

At this point we had people stationed in most of the locations necessary to drop offending links, but we were short on backup help around the southern link. I Reached out to @JugglerTim and his wife @TimsLadybug, and asked for them to standby in case we need them in Calera area. 

With one hour till we planned to throw the field we realized that no one was near one of the remaining blue blocking links. Struggling to find an agent to get this portal down we had agent @scionboo start driving however they were far enough away that they would not make it before our planned throw time. Stepping up to the plate (and found last minute) agents @TheDuck006, and his wife @sdclay006 booked it to the offending portal in 15 minutes and quickly took care of the remaining blocking link. As this blocker was cleared we quickly dropped all remaining blockers and quickly started to throw the fields. 21 links(19 total fields) went up very carefully. Throwing the first fields from Cullman I watched as the MU kept climbing as we rotated anchors between all the positions.

With each major field being around 700k I watched the total mu rise. 701,773 grew to 1,404,435 which grew to 2,108,038 and before too long and 15 minutes to checkpoint we ended up with a grand total of 4,941,141 MU. 

The early prophecy of Cullman frogs turned out to be true as DaDude and DaDudesGirl started to tear down the fields shortly before checkpoint. At the outermost anchor I talked them up in hopes of stopping them from fully destroying the final anchor. It was soon clear they were engaged in holding that final anchor. Quickly ColonelQuincy and I moved back to the first anchor and re-threw four of the fields with 1 minute till checkpoint for a grand total of 2,810,396 MU. This ended up being the only fields that made checkpoint. I counted it as a victory.

Many people contributed to this victory, and many people acquired badges(and levels). I want to thank everyone but I almost certain I will leave someone out (sorry!) 

Lane Clearing
@agusfear
@thetimex
@dreamfaster
@mitchellrapp
@camillabella
@clgtide
@d0ctor13
@nattywoohoo
@semnolskol
@imjustwifey
@flokii
@Godseye
@barbaroi52
@scionboo
@turbosmurf99
@21Bubbasmurf
@JugglerTim
@TimsLadyBug
@tungstenirish

Link/Field throwers
@DrOverdose
@ColonelQuincy
@romgar1
@adranth
@cajunlala

Key Gathering/Organization
@Romgar1
@ColonelQuincy
@DrOverdose
@adranth
@cajunlala

Dispatch/Intel
@kazoodles
@mommysmurf 
@cmpx

Planning
@DrOverdose
@ColonelQuincy

This was #NotNachos because #BellGrandeIsStillComing
#RESWUEisAwesome














Comments

Popular posts from this blog