Most excellent!

Most excellent!

Originally shared by Samantha Graham

#ingress has taken me to some amazing places and afforded me the excuse and opportunity to do some crazy things.

The most recent ones have happened this past weekend. I managed to pull a full 49 hours with no sleep...

What, you ask, could possibly keep me awake that long? An AP push for a friend, and a night hike up a mountain to kill a field anchor.

Read on for more information...



One of my closest friends (thanks to this game!) was somewhere around 1.4 million AP or so from Level 16. So after work on Friday I asked her if she wanted to go on a Stego style AP push... aka don't stop until you hit 16. After having worked all day Friday, she, her fiance and I played from 9p until 930a and damn straight she hit L16. I know you haven't made a public post about it, so I'll keep your name anonymous, but know that I'm proud and honored to be your friend. <3 congrats on making L16!!!

I got home sometime Saturday afternoon... Don't ask me when exactly... My local ENL successfully executed operation Pinkie Pie while my phone was muted in an attempt to try to rest.... I never did fall asleep, but I managed to successfully ignore a reasonable multitude of messages in my local and regional chats when their fields went up 😅 oops (yep, I know how to mute HO!)

When I eventually checked in on things, other agents had arranged takedown of southwest anchor, good. Field down. 4 layers out of 16 made one checkpoint.

You may wonder what this has to do with me? Well, at about 9p my crazy ass and another agent decided we'd take down the north anchor.... Mt. Monadnock... And due to time constraints we'd have to attempt a night hike... Sort of got about twenty minutes of shut eye (can't really call it sleep) before the other agent picked me up.
2 hour drive, why the hell not! Arrived at base of Monadnock at 0:18 local and with flashlights in hand started the 1.9 mile hike to the 965m summit. About 3 hours, and an amazing hike later, we reached the summit.

The stars were beautiful. Everything so calm. Clouds came and went obstructing our view of lights in the distance... I could have just sat there for hours. It was so peaceful. I got a fun shot of the sunrise from a false summit as we descended.

I got home at 07:30 local and managed to sleep until 17:00 local. 😄 somewhat caught up on sleep, I guess.

So this weekend alone, ingress allowed me to spend time with friends as well as conquer a night hike at a mountain that I'd never hiked before.

Ingress is a game, but the effects of this game have been very real in my life.

I have managed to find friends and a family, a place I belong and can call home.

Thank you Ingress​ for coming into my life.

Thank you to all my friends near and far... Whether I've met you in person or over a chat... You're still part of my ingress journey.

#ingressactualgameplayfootage
#CTRes #CTResistance
#resistancefamily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title