Most excellent.

Most excellent.
Originally shared by Dwayne Farver
SitRep - Operation: #Phreeland
“Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet”
Date: Aug-22-2015
Time: 10:00 EDT checkpoint
Agents:
@Dreadphul Bob Otte Jr. Fielding
@Mkninja Matt Kline Fielding, Security
@Bakisteron +Dwayne Farver Planning
Matt Kline (@Mkninja) and I had the opportunity to meet a new and very ambitious #Enlightened agent, Bob Otte Jr. (@Dreadphul). He progressed very quickly to L6 before we met. I tried to share everything I could think of. He didn't need much help. Before we parted ways, I asked if he would be interested in working on a big field with us. The answer was a definite yes. I went home and got a rough idea what we would do. Within two days, I had the list of portals and which keys we would each need to farm.
There are those who say A Detection Algorithm no longer speaks to them. I can still hear her from time to time. Not quite the same voice; sometimes with a strange echo. Like she’s far away and right next to me at the same time. Or, could it be another voice speaking to me, not yet clear; influencing me on a subconscious level. She helped me pick one portal after another to maximize fielding. We had 3 agents, but would be two moving teams using one stationary anchor and 7 moving anchors at both of the other locations. It was an ambitious plan.
All three of us met one more time to exchange keys. Then, the waiting began. Will blocks be cleared? Will the Resistance find out we’re planning something? Will I stay within my data plan?
I asked a contact south of my area if she knew someone willing to help clear some blocking links. We could have gotten them from our side, but it would have been a big tip off that we were up to something. Trish Larkin (@O313) put me in touch with Rudy G (@GieslHoff). As it turned out, the blocks came down over the course of the 3 days leading up to the Op. Rudy said he would be on stand-by should we need him for something last minute.
Two nights before the Op, I was reviewing the intel map and ADA/New-ADA pointed out we had an opportunity for extra fields. Why do I look? There are always more fields to make. I should learn to make a plan and stick to it. I added them to the Op list as bonus fields. Great if we got them, but not a priority for checkpoint.
The night before the Op, a friendly link went up that would block our Op. I contacted the agent and mentioned we would need to take it down. It was a link of opportunity and they were okay with us dropping it. One bright point, Bob made L7 in time for the Op!
The morning of the Op came and nothing new on intel. The weather was mild, considering we had some of the hottest and most humid days in some time earlier in the week. We started out early so we had time to react to any surprises. Surprises which never came. We had only one blocking link originating close to my home town. It wouldn't raise any red flags.
We were all in place with time to spare. So, we decided to start early. Links and fields were going up without a hitch and we had time to get one of the bonus fields up before checkpoint. It was a 30 minute drive to meet Bob at the final location so he could complete the second bonus field. I kept waiting for an attack notice. None. Although, we saw in Comm that the Resistance agents we expected to react to our Op were at an amusement park. The great weather worked to our advantage. We met Bob, gave him the key, and the field was completed. It was just over twice the area of the largest field from the planned Op.
It was a great day and a great Op. Everyone worked well together and two #Illuminator Badges were earned. Bob earned Gold and Matt earned Platinum. There were 13 layers to the main Op, with 24 inner fields.
We then broke for lunch. Matt and I stopped and had some room-temp hamburgers. That might explain the stomach distress Sunday. After our meal we had to drive through #Resistance controlled East Jim Thorpe. We cleared 12 Resistance portals and threw our own fields as we moved through.
We were on the road back toward home when we started getting attack notices at our southern anchors. Two Resistance agents were moving along and all southern anchors were taken down. We wouldn't make a 2nd checkpoint, but we had extra keys. We decided to wait them out and rethrow as much as possible right before the next checkpoint. We saw their actions in Comms and think we saw them at the Skyview Cemetery. Different than #Skyfall . When we saw their Comm actions moving away, we waited a few more minutes, then decided it was safe to start throwing the fields. We managed to get several large fields in place, but we didn’t time it close enough to checkpoint. The Resistance agents, @Blinkden and @Bedixia( Deb Hiester), were at a crucial anchor and took it down before checkpoint. The largest fields fell. Several smaller fields held until, but all would fall before the next checkpoint.
Bob met up with the Resistance agents later as they moved through, cleaning up after our Op. I invited them to my hometown for unique captures, missions, and a bite to eat. It's always a pleasure to meet agents of any faction that make the game fun.
MU/field Totals - not including the clearing and re-fielding of East Mauch Chunk
@Dreadphul 253,596 MU (8 layers, 14 total fields)
@Mkninja 299,638 MU (10 layers, 18 total fields)
@Bakisteron 140,879 MU (2 layers, 6 total fields)
The main Op was 133.5 mi² (293.97 km²)
The largest bonus field was 263.08 mi² (681.38 km²)
Ingress NIA Ops Niantic Project #SitRep
Wow!
ReplyDeleteFun fun!
ReplyDelete