Now this was very cool!
Now this was very cool!
Originally shared by Kenneth Linzey
Warning: Please don’t just go after the records without proper preparation. Without the proper preparation and training, attempting to do this could result in real physical permanent / lasting damage to your body.
Sitrep operation Hackpocalypse
TL;DR I cycled for 30 days in The Hague in The Netherlands and set the hacks per week record at 28.572 and the hacks per month record at 82.600 with global support.
Chatlog Saturday, November 29, 2014
Agent 1: Gentlemen
Agent 1: What do you think of Hackappoloosa?
Agent 2: Sounds good, but doesn’t sound better than Hackextravaganza.
Agent 3: How about Hacksplosion?
Chatlog Thursday, 8 January 2015
Agent 1: Hackpocalypse
Agent 1: The OP in which three records will be broken
Agent 1: Day record
Agent 1: Week record
Agent 1: Month record
Agent 1: Start will probably be on the 20th of Juli
Agent 4: No kidding?! You are breaking your own records! You Monster! Goals?
Agent 1: Would like to set month record at 62K hacks per month, week at somewhere around 25K and day record between 5 and 6K. 62K hacks minimum for month. So that’s at least 2K hacks per day, given that a month has 31 days ofc
Agent 5: One month of hacking?
Agent 5: You won’t survive that
Operation Hackpocalyse was the operation in which I attempt to break the world record hacks per day, hacks per week and hacks per month with global support.
Ever since performing operation Hackextravaganza (https://plus.google.com/+KennethLinzey/posts/5hHdKFKe6JS), I have been waiting to see if my previous record would be challenged. Hackextravaganza had some amazing results; I got visited by over 100 agents, had national support and set the hacks per week record at 22.421 hacks. In the back of my mind, I was already drafting plans for improving this week record and breaking the month record. At the end of Hackextravaganza, I was still one day of hacking short of breaking the month record; I had 44.530 hacks and Tom Lopez had 47.753.
I soon found out while creating the plans for the Hackpocalypse that it was possible to bump up the month record by at least 13.000 hacks. I then settled on doing one month of complete hacking. In hindsight, I should have asked people how the scanner defines one month: 30 days or 31 days? I found out, it’s 30 days ^^.
Months prior to the operation, I started training for this month. I started cycling everywhere again and regularly cycled long hours just to get my body ready.
The initial plans were to start with a week record, then have two weeks of somewhat easier hacking, do three day record attempts and then finish with a week record again. I finalized my goals and aimed high:
• The day records should be somewhere above 5.000 hacks;
• The week records should be somewhere above the 25.000 hacks;
• The month record somewhere around the 80.000 hacks.
The old records stood at:
• The single day record was never really claimed by anybody, so I guessed my own 3.396 was highest;
• 22.421 hacks per week, which was my own record;
• 47.753 hacks per month, owned by Tom Lopez.
Operation Hackpocalypse had one major advantage over Operation Hackextravaganza. Even though they were set in the same areas, there is one distinct difference; the amount of portals found. All the farms I wanted to use for the Hackpocalypse had grown in size. Some had grown marginally, some a bit more and one farm almost doubled in size. Given that I wanted to cycle at least 14 hours per day, those farms would easily allow me to get a 3.000 hack per day minimum without straining my muscles greatly.
The farms I used were:
• Voorburg (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.067326,4.364576&z=16)
• Oud Rijswijk (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.056271,4.333012&z=16)
• Stoeptegel (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.054146,4.316533&z=16)
• Candytrail (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.05346,4.30295&z=16)
My daily routine looked something like this: Start in Voorburg around 08:00 am and continue cycling through farms. After Voorburg, Rijswijk, Stoeptegel and Candytrail. The most important thing for me was that when I arrived at a farm, I first cycled one complete round in order to set the burnout timer. Every 1.5 to 2 hours a 15 min break from the cycling.
I had some contact with Harm Patchguy to order onyx hacker patches to hand out during the operation. The idea was to make a dead drop every day and then later post a photo where I hid it. I canceled this the first day with too many frogs around. I wouldn’t want to risk them finding a dead drop. Instead, I handed them out to agents visiting me whenever I thought of it. (I still have a couple of patches left. If you met me and I forgot to give you one, I owe you one! ^^)
I drafted up some rules prior to the operation that would be in effect for me:
0. Bicycle only, no hacking is done from moving cars or other moving vehicles.
1. No drugs, that includes alcohol (except for when the Haarlem crew brings some Jopen Adriaan ^^)
2. When arriving at the farm, I will cycle a complete round before stopping for anybody, I need to set the burn out timer asap!
3. Generally not much waiting for anyone, I need to maintain my own pace.
4. Please use the Hackpocalypse hangout when you are trying to contact me, I won't respond that much on PM's.
5. Remind me to take a selfie with you :-)
6. Have a good time and party on!
Main risks identified for operation Hackpocalypse were:
• Weather: this is going to the biggest risk. Rain is nasty and makes my screen unresponsive, forcing me to take a break. Mitigation is possible by checking weather forecasts everyday.
• Server lag: I already get very annoyed by lag when I'm playing Ingress normally. Lag also forces me to stop and wait for the server to send me my hacked loot. This stopping in turn severely increases the strain on my knees.
• Softban: I was warned about this by Tom Lopez. Hacking these extreme amounts could flag my account and result in a time out for several hours, severely reducing the amount of hacks one can set in a time period.
• Even though I've been in training months for this world record attempt, my own body is also a risk. Looking back at OP 21K (https://plus.google.com/+KennethLinzey/posts/GksemKnXeWp), knees can easily be stressed to the point that I will be forced to stop.
• The last serious risk would be a mental breakdown. I can easily put up with repetitive game play in the end (glyphing for example) but doing this for one complete month? I will need to control my state of mind and stress levels if I want to see this through.
PR Countdown started 20 days before the Hackpocalypse, each day giving away more details about the operation.
Carlo Driessen, Matteo Driessen, Lion Van Koppenhagen and myself decided to stop smoking prior to the operation. As of now, we have quit for over a month. Everyone who loses has to buy the others dinners, last man standing. So far, this works for us ^^.
Without much further ado, here are the results of the operation:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pXI1bFWzykGtj8CWz_CznOmbEicK1QbjGsJHqgU7FOA/edit?usp=sharing
I started the operation with a week record attempt. I had a glorious start in Voorburg accompanied by good weather. Kirillian Gorethien, Merra Menjala, Martin van Klaveren, Sander van den Oudenhoven and Eveline van der Tol were there to see me start. That first day, I broke my personal day record which had stood at 3396, now bumping it up to 3597. I only noticed this two days later XD.
On the third day, I broke the charging port on my phone. Luckily, I was able to borrow Conrad Neill’s external charger.
On the sixth day, I got invited by Walter van Rijswijk to join him for operation #Becausewecan. The only thing I had to do was show up and shoot a link resulting in 31.881.828 Mind Units. Woop woop.
The rest of the week was good. I had good results as the weather stayed dry, although it had now grown dangerously hot. It would have been enough to sweat my balls off, if not for the help of the crew, helping me stay hydrated. On the last two days the weather started turning worse: it grew rainy and cold. This weather disallowed me to combine the last day of this week record attempt with a day record attempt. I broke the world record for hacks per week and bumped it up to 23.162.
On the tenth day, I traveled to Haarlem to obtain my onyx hacker by hacking my own portal: Hofje van Staatsvijand. There, I also did the dragon banner and had a good time with the crew. There’s a local brewery in Haarlem called the Jopen Church. They sell the most amazing beers. Should you ever find yourself in Haarlem, be sure to visit it.
I had a couple of “lazy” days after obtaining the onyx hacker where I only needed around 2.000 hacks per day to stay on track for the 80.000 hacks in a month goal.
On the fifteenth day, the weather forecast started to show positive signs about the weather for at least the next eight or nine days. The forecast stayed the same on the sixteenth day, so it was decided there and then that I would start on the second week record attempt the day after.
I was in full shape and knew all the farms by heart when I started for the second week record attempt. That’s when disaster struck: I got softbanned. I got softbanned every day. Each day, at the moment I hit around 3.500 hacks for that day, my scanner would stop working except for one thing: hacking! I was still allowed to hack portals. With no way to decrease my inventory, this was rather annoying (to say the least). The moment I would hit this softban, my capsules stopped working and I was not allowed to use or drop items.
Still, this has not really affected the week record that much, because I was still able to break the hacks per week record and bump it up to an amazing 28.572 hacks.
During this second week record attempt, we had a ‘casual’ friday where I asked everyone that dropped by to come and join me in a suit. We had a really pleasant day! Thanks all!
The 4th Saturday was also a special day. Doctor Octagon and myself had planned this months in advance. The idea was for him to show me Amsterdam in an unique way: while continuing my hacking spree on bicycle in Amsterdam, he would run in front of me to show me the route for a couple of farms. I arrived in Amsterdam somewhere around 10:00 AM and left it around 00:00. I did two really awesome banner missions: 300 and the Hackpocalypse banner. The Hackpocalypse banner will stay online until the end of September. It starts near New Desire.
I still envisioned that I would finish strong, so I decided to end the last day of hacking of the operation with a day record attempt. As expected, I got softbanned twice, banning me for 8 hours of the 24 hours I had available. I still got a very nice 5.345 hacks in those 16 hours.
On the last day of the Hackpocalypse, we had our last supper at the Turkish Bakery in Oud Rijswijk. Next, we met up at the Hofrust Chapel for one last group picture. Then we cycled towards our final destination in Rotterdam. Thanks for joining Kirillian Gorethien, Kevin Kleiweg, Guy van Sande and Eveline van der Tol.
I would hereby like to dedicate this record to Eveline van der Tol. She fought the Hackpocalypse by my side for all 31 days. I love you! Major respect for your neverending support during the operation.
Kirillian Gorethien and Merra Menjala massive thanks for letting Eveline van der Tol and myself stay at your place.
Kirillian Gorethien and Merra Menjala also a big thanks for the photos you guys made at those special moments.
jenn denlinger, Guy van Sande, Walter van Rijswijk, Lion Van Koppenhagen, Peter Verbaarschot, Kevin Hagan, Tom Lopez, Christine Amos, Joe Gomez and Joe Philley thank you all for the insights and pieces of advice you gave me during the operation.
jenn denlinger thanks for the awesome mixtapes, they really motivated me and kept me going.
Conrad Neill thanks for the external charger and the quick response, this quite literally kept me going.
Kevin Kleiweg and . thanks for dropping me off home with the bike.
Max Kovaljov and Kenny Verhoeven you guys are heroes for fixing my bike on such short notice!
Max Kovaljov also big thanks for the secret plastic bag anti-rain technique.
Doctor Octagon thanks for facilitating my day in Amsterdam.
Sander van den Oudenhoven thanks for all the flexibility.
Unless someone breaks one of the weekly or monthly records, I will not return to them. I will set out to get the hacks per day record soon.
If anyone is ever so foolish as to be willing to attempt to break these records, please send me a message and I will help you out to the best of my abilities.
John Hanke
Joe Philley
Anne Beuttenmüller
NIA Ops
Ingress
Fev Games
Behind The Scanner
#Ingress
#Hackpocalypse
Due to a technical limitation, I am not allowed to tag more than 100 people in a single G+ post :-(. I will however tag all of you in the comments.
Did I forget to tag you but you did help me out? I’m terribly sorry. Please send me a PM over hangouts and I’ll be sure to add your name.














Originally shared by Kenneth Linzey
Warning: Please don’t just go after the records without proper preparation. Without the proper preparation and training, attempting to do this could result in real physical permanent / lasting damage to your body.
Sitrep operation Hackpocalypse
TL;DR I cycled for 30 days in The Hague in The Netherlands and set the hacks per week record at 28.572 and the hacks per month record at 82.600 with global support.
Chatlog Saturday, November 29, 2014
Agent 1: Gentlemen
Agent 1: What do you think of Hackappoloosa?
Agent 2: Sounds good, but doesn’t sound better than Hackextravaganza.
Agent 3: How about Hacksplosion?
Chatlog Thursday, 8 January 2015
Agent 1: Hackpocalypse
Agent 1: The OP in which three records will be broken
Agent 1: Day record
Agent 1: Week record
Agent 1: Month record
Agent 1: Start will probably be on the 20th of Juli
Agent 4: No kidding?! You are breaking your own records! You Monster! Goals?
Agent 1: Would like to set month record at 62K hacks per month, week at somewhere around 25K and day record between 5 and 6K. 62K hacks minimum for month. So that’s at least 2K hacks per day, given that a month has 31 days ofc
Agent 5: One month of hacking?
Agent 5: You won’t survive that
Operation Hackpocalyse was the operation in which I attempt to break the world record hacks per day, hacks per week and hacks per month with global support.
Ever since performing operation Hackextravaganza (https://plus.google.com/+KennethLinzey/posts/5hHdKFKe6JS), I have been waiting to see if my previous record would be challenged. Hackextravaganza had some amazing results; I got visited by over 100 agents, had national support and set the hacks per week record at 22.421 hacks. In the back of my mind, I was already drafting plans for improving this week record and breaking the month record. At the end of Hackextravaganza, I was still one day of hacking short of breaking the month record; I had 44.530 hacks and Tom Lopez had 47.753.
I soon found out while creating the plans for the Hackpocalypse that it was possible to bump up the month record by at least 13.000 hacks. I then settled on doing one month of complete hacking. In hindsight, I should have asked people how the scanner defines one month: 30 days or 31 days? I found out, it’s 30 days ^^.
Months prior to the operation, I started training for this month. I started cycling everywhere again and regularly cycled long hours just to get my body ready.
The initial plans were to start with a week record, then have two weeks of somewhat easier hacking, do three day record attempts and then finish with a week record again. I finalized my goals and aimed high:
• The day records should be somewhere above 5.000 hacks;
• The week records should be somewhere above the 25.000 hacks;
• The month record somewhere around the 80.000 hacks.
The old records stood at:
• The single day record was never really claimed by anybody, so I guessed my own 3.396 was highest;
• 22.421 hacks per week, which was my own record;
• 47.753 hacks per month, owned by Tom Lopez.
Operation Hackpocalypse had one major advantage over Operation Hackextravaganza. Even though they were set in the same areas, there is one distinct difference; the amount of portals found. All the farms I wanted to use for the Hackpocalypse had grown in size. Some had grown marginally, some a bit more and one farm almost doubled in size. Given that I wanted to cycle at least 14 hours per day, those farms would easily allow me to get a 3.000 hack per day minimum without straining my muscles greatly.
The farms I used were:
• Voorburg (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.067326,4.364576&z=16)
• Oud Rijswijk (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.056271,4.333012&z=16)
• Stoeptegel (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.054146,4.316533&z=16)
• Candytrail (https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=52.05346,4.30295&z=16)
My daily routine looked something like this: Start in Voorburg around 08:00 am and continue cycling through farms. After Voorburg, Rijswijk, Stoeptegel and Candytrail. The most important thing for me was that when I arrived at a farm, I first cycled one complete round in order to set the burnout timer. Every 1.5 to 2 hours a 15 min break from the cycling.
I had some contact with Harm Patchguy to order onyx hacker patches to hand out during the operation. The idea was to make a dead drop every day and then later post a photo where I hid it. I canceled this the first day with too many frogs around. I wouldn’t want to risk them finding a dead drop. Instead, I handed them out to agents visiting me whenever I thought of it. (I still have a couple of patches left. If you met me and I forgot to give you one, I owe you one! ^^)
I drafted up some rules prior to the operation that would be in effect for me:
0. Bicycle only, no hacking is done from moving cars or other moving vehicles.
1. No drugs, that includes alcohol (except for when the Haarlem crew brings some Jopen Adriaan ^^)
2. When arriving at the farm, I will cycle a complete round before stopping for anybody, I need to set the burn out timer asap!
3. Generally not much waiting for anyone, I need to maintain my own pace.
4. Please use the Hackpocalypse hangout when you are trying to contact me, I won't respond that much on PM's.
5. Remind me to take a selfie with you :-)
6. Have a good time and party on!
Main risks identified for operation Hackpocalypse were:
• Weather: this is going to the biggest risk. Rain is nasty and makes my screen unresponsive, forcing me to take a break. Mitigation is possible by checking weather forecasts everyday.
• Server lag: I already get very annoyed by lag when I'm playing Ingress normally. Lag also forces me to stop and wait for the server to send me my hacked loot. This stopping in turn severely increases the strain on my knees.
• Softban: I was warned about this by Tom Lopez. Hacking these extreme amounts could flag my account and result in a time out for several hours, severely reducing the amount of hacks one can set in a time period.
• Even though I've been in training months for this world record attempt, my own body is also a risk. Looking back at OP 21K (https://plus.google.com/+KennethLinzey/posts/GksemKnXeWp), knees can easily be stressed to the point that I will be forced to stop.
• The last serious risk would be a mental breakdown. I can easily put up with repetitive game play in the end (glyphing for example) but doing this for one complete month? I will need to control my state of mind and stress levels if I want to see this through.
PR Countdown started 20 days before the Hackpocalypse, each day giving away more details about the operation.
Carlo Driessen, Matteo Driessen, Lion Van Koppenhagen and myself decided to stop smoking prior to the operation. As of now, we have quit for over a month. Everyone who loses has to buy the others dinners, last man standing. So far, this works for us ^^.
Without much further ado, here are the results of the operation:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pXI1bFWzykGtj8CWz_CznOmbEicK1QbjGsJHqgU7FOA/edit?usp=sharing
I started the operation with a week record attempt. I had a glorious start in Voorburg accompanied by good weather. Kirillian Gorethien, Merra Menjala, Martin van Klaveren, Sander van den Oudenhoven and Eveline van der Tol were there to see me start. That first day, I broke my personal day record which had stood at 3396, now bumping it up to 3597. I only noticed this two days later XD.
On the third day, I broke the charging port on my phone. Luckily, I was able to borrow Conrad Neill’s external charger.
On the sixth day, I got invited by Walter van Rijswijk to join him for operation #Becausewecan. The only thing I had to do was show up and shoot a link resulting in 31.881.828 Mind Units. Woop woop.
The rest of the week was good. I had good results as the weather stayed dry, although it had now grown dangerously hot. It would have been enough to sweat my balls off, if not for the help of the crew, helping me stay hydrated. On the last two days the weather started turning worse: it grew rainy and cold. This weather disallowed me to combine the last day of this week record attempt with a day record attempt. I broke the world record for hacks per week and bumped it up to 23.162.
On the tenth day, I traveled to Haarlem to obtain my onyx hacker by hacking my own portal: Hofje van Staatsvijand. There, I also did the dragon banner and had a good time with the crew. There’s a local brewery in Haarlem called the Jopen Church. They sell the most amazing beers. Should you ever find yourself in Haarlem, be sure to visit it.
I had a couple of “lazy” days after obtaining the onyx hacker where I only needed around 2.000 hacks per day to stay on track for the 80.000 hacks in a month goal.
On the fifteenth day, the weather forecast started to show positive signs about the weather for at least the next eight or nine days. The forecast stayed the same on the sixteenth day, so it was decided there and then that I would start on the second week record attempt the day after.
I was in full shape and knew all the farms by heart when I started for the second week record attempt. That’s when disaster struck: I got softbanned. I got softbanned every day. Each day, at the moment I hit around 3.500 hacks for that day, my scanner would stop working except for one thing: hacking! I was still allowed to hack portals. With no way to decrease my inventory, this was rather annoying (to say the least). The moment I would hit this softban, my capsules stopped working and I was not allowed to use or drop items.
Still, this has not really affected the week record that much, because I was still able to break the hacks per week record and bump it up to an amazing 28.572 hacks.
During this second week record attempt, we had a ‘casual’ friday where I asked everyone that dropped by to come and join me in a suit. We had a really pleasant day! Thanks all!
The 4th Saturday was also a special day. Doctor Octagon and myself had planned this months in advance. The idea was for him to show me Amsterdam in an unique way: while continuing my hacking spree on bicycle in Amsterdam, he would run in front of me to show me the route for a couple of farms. I arrived in Amsterdam somewhere around 10:00 AM and left it around 00:00. I did two really awesome banner missions: 300 and the Hackpocalypse banner. The Hackpocalypse banner will stay online until the end of September. It starts near New Desire.
I still envisioned that I would finish strong, so I decided to end the last day of hacking of the operation with a day record attempt. As expected, I got softbanned twice, banning me for 8 hours of the 24 hours I had available. I still got a very nice 5.345 hacks in those 16 hours.
On the last day of the Hackpocalypse, we had our last supper at the Turkish Bakery in Oud Rijswijk. Next, we met up at the Hofrust Chapel for one last group picture. Then we cycled towards our final destination in Rotterdam. Thanks for joining Kirillian Gorethien, Kevin Kleiweg, Guy van Sande and Eveline van der Tol.
I would hereby like to dedicate this record to Eveline van der Tol. She fought the Hackpocalypse by my side for all 31 days. I love you! Major respect for your neverending support during the operation.
Kirillian Gorethien and Merra Menjala massive thanks for letting Eveline van der Tol and myself stay at your place.
Kirillian Gorethien and Merra Menjala also a big thanks for the photos you guys made at those special moments.
jenn denlinger, Guy van Sande, Walter van Rijswijk, Lion Van Koppenhagen, Peter Verbaarschot, Kevin Hagan, Tom Lopez, Christine Amos, Joe Gomez and Joe Philley thank you all for the insights and pieces of advice you gave me during the operation.
jenn denlinger thanks for the awesome mixtapes, they really motivated me and kept me going.
Conrad Neill thanks for the external charger and the quick response, this quite literally kept me going.
Kevin Kleiweg and . thanks for dropping me off home with the bike.
Max Kovaljov and Kenny Verhoeven you guys are heroes for fixing my bike on such short notice!
Max Kovaljov also big thanks for the secret plastic bag anti-rain technique.
Doctor Octagon thanks for facilitating my day in Amsterdam.
Sander van den Oudenhoven thanks for all the flexibility.
Unless someone breaks one of the weekly or monthly records, I will not return to them. I will set out to get the hacks per day record soon.
If anyone is ever so foolish as to be willing to attempt to break these records, please send me a message and I will help you out to the best of my abilities.
John Hanke
Joe Philley
Anne Beuttenmüller
NIA Ops
Ingress
Fev Games
Behind The Scanner
#Ingress
#Hackpocalypse
Due to a technical limitation, I am not allowed to tag more than 100 people in a single G+ post :-(. I will however tag all of you in the comments.
Did I forget to tag you but you did help me out? I’m terribly sorry. Please send me a PM over hangouts and I’ll be sure to add your name.














Yup met him one day "wait here.... gotta do my burn first..." when he got back got my pic taken had a short chat and off he was again :)
ReplyDelete