Well done !!(love the name)
Well done !!(love the name)
Originally shared by Jarome Allen
Operation Delta Delta
8/23/2015
What an amazing adventure this was! I'm a bit of a sentimental and sappy person and this was my first summer playing Ingress. The game has changed my life in so many positive ways and it's all due to the players I met, worked with, and became great friends with. So I wanted to put together an OP just for them.
I reached out to a friend made from our last op, Ed Bihlajama (DraxEon) in Celina Ohio and he connected me with the key players in that area. We bounced ideas and formulated a plan.
The goal was badges across the board. No onyx fielder was to throw a link. I tried my best to ensure the throwing crew did as little of the pre-op work as possible, I did get help along the way, and it was appreciated. But I really wanted this to be "here are your keys and instructions, my gift to you, good luck agents!".
The Op was to start with a Kansas City Shuffle (get them to look one way while Bruce Willis snaps your neck)
This would involve a standard fielding OP over Fort Wayne Indiana as a distraction while a larger OP crossed the Indiana/Ohio border from Macy In to Sidney Ohio. However I wanted to do it different. Utilizing the new SBUL link amps we were able to keep people stationed and throw from the anchors. This also cut down on massive key counts from portals (ie Macy anchor).
In 2 just weeks agents from Fort Wayne Indiana, Celina Ohio and outlying towns came together to help me put together and accomplish my first planned fielding op. It was honestly a dream idea and I didn't think it would happen but it did and I thank you all!
The last two weeks Intel was my life. Checking lanes, watching portals decay, reaching out to agents in hopes that they would let something go. So much that I started having dreams of lanes and lines. But I'll skip all the boring leading up to details, I've jabbered enough let's get to the meat.
For myself the bulk of this operation started the night before. I had to travel to Celina Ohio to pick up the last of the Sidney keys from Shawn Tingler (Tigerr73) and clear out the links of a very active resistance agent. With the help of Lori Watson (SubSpe) we cleared a majority of the towns around Celina that this agent regularly linked to and proceeded to clear out Celina Ohio in hopes that it would keep that agent busy during this operation. I would call it successful as the lane stayed clear throughout Sunday.
While in Celina and Spencerville Ohio I was informed of a large resistance OP in Indiana whose remaining links could compromise our lanes the following day. A couple strategic blockers and some of that OP was shut down, leaving our lanes clear. After some more house cleaning and key farming I finally made it home and managed an hour's sleep before the big day started.
---- Sunday
After last minute key distribution, the clearing crews started working around Fort Wayne about 1:30pm. Trying a slow and steady approach, may have worked or not lol. By 2:30pm we started seeing resistance activity around Fort Wayne, a couple blockers had gone up and the cat was out of the bag. With last minute help from Greg Hedington (Hedington) and Mark Goebel we fought the blockers the best we could. 3:00pm the res agent in Celina Oh threw a darn good blocker to Hamilton In. The throwing crew in Hicksville Oh made a mad dash to Hamilton to drop it but more blockers came out of Fort Wayne.
It was an amazing battle to CP! With 5 minutes to the 4pm CP we had noticed the lanes for the big field were clear (thanks to the Cleveland crew coming through and clearing Delphos!!) but the small field was still blocked. New plan. Throw big, drop, throw little, throw big.
Just in time 4 layers between Sidney Oh, Bryan Oh, and Macy In went up and hit CP with 3 more layers to follow!
We cleared the remaining Fort Wayne blockers under the big field. Dropped the big field and threw 11 smaller layers over Fort Wayne with 1 more big layer over it before getting shut down by an ENL agent in Ohio. We tried to recoup and throw more layers from Bryan but the Macy anchor was finally taken by the res. Pack it up guys let's go home!
The OP did not go as planned, but both fields did go up. 3 platinum badges and 1 onyx as well as 1.4mil mu to CP which recovered our cell from the Indy field the night before.
Success! Badges, CP, and my first OP!
Thank You All!
-------------
Stats:
Inside field (Hicksville OH, S. Whitley IN, Decatur IN)
11 layers
193k mu per
Total ~2.12 million MU
Outside Field (Bryan OH, Sidney OH, Macy IN)
8 layer
330k mu per
Total ~2.64 million MU
Total:
~1.2 million MU to CP
~4.6 million MU thrown
1 Onyx Illuminator
3 Platinum Illuminators
100 lessons learned
Operation Planning:
Jarome Allen
Ed Bihlajama (DraxEon)
Intel:
Jarome Allen
Bryan Philpot
Fielding Crew:
-Sidney Ohio
Rodney Martin (ActionRZ) - Onyx
Shawn Tingler (Tigerr73)
David Reynolds Jr (TheWrongFrog)
-Bryan Ohio
Dawn Philpot (Monkeyluv)
Jason Arango (SmokeysBack1)
Joshua Philpot (SmurfCleaner)
-Macy Indiana
James Papalia (Violentwaves142) - Platinum
-Hicksville Ohio
Trilliah Lightbringer (Trilliah) - Platinum
@Jaderaven70
-South Whitley Indiana
Suzi Rhee (squaresush) - Platinum
Clearing Crew
Andy Pohl (pohlaj)
Steve Ankeny (PBRSkidz)
Hoss Bosley (Hoss704)
Shanna Jenkins (Shaeleej)
Jarome Allen
Greg Hedington (Hedington)
Andrew P Balke (kalebwarden)
John Paff (Ecthaelion)
Lori Watson (SubSpe)
Mark Goebel (gobbler05161968)
Heather Chakakan (cleveland crew)
@poirot76 (cleveland crew)
@binksterboo76 (cleveland crew)
@nickner (cleveland crew)
Dave Crump (dcstang)
Nicole Jensen-Mix (Chemrebel)
@ZenDragon
EnergizerBunny - Rob Mann
Emily Cattin (cattinaround13)
Key Runs
James Papalia
Shawn Tingler
Jarome Allen
Special Thanks to:
Meg McKibben (Meggleiscious)
David Fidler II (DFII)
Bryttney Philpot (Youngblood47)
You guys have backed me, stood up for me, and supported me through my adventures. Thank you so much!
#SitRep #Ingress #Enlightened #BAF #FortWayneEnlightened Ingress Joe Philley
Improvise Adapt Overcome


Originally shared by Jarome Allen
Operation Delta Delta
8/23/2015
What an amazing adventure this was! I'm a bit of a sentimental and sappy person and this was my first summer playing Ingress. The game has changed my life in so many positive ways and it's all due to the players I met, worked with, and became great friends with. So I wanted to put together an OP just for them.
I reached out to a friend made from our last op, Ed Bihlajama (DraxEon) in Celina Ohio and he connected me with the key players in that area. We bounced ideas and formulated a plan.
The goal was badges across the board. No onyx fielder was to throw a link. I tried my best to ensure the throwing crew did as little of the pre-op work as possible, I did get help along the way, and it was appreciated. But I really wanted this to be "here are your keys and instructions, my gift to you, good luck agents!".
The Op was to start with a Kansas City Shuffle (get them to look one way while Bruce Willis snaps your neck)
This would involve a standard fielding OP over Fort Wayne Indiana as a distraction while a larger OP crossed the Indiana/Ohio border from Macy In to Sidney Ohio. However I wanted to do it different. Utilizing the new SBUL link amps we were able to keep people stationed and throw from the anchors. This also cut down on massive key counts from portals (ie Macy anchor).
In 2 just weeks agents from Fort Wayne Indiana, Celina Ohio and outlying towns came together to help me put together and accomplish my first planned fielding op. It was honestly a dream idea and I didn't think it would happen but it did and I thank you all!
The last two weeks Intel was my life. Checking lanes, watching portals decay, reaching out to agents in hopes that they would let something go. So much that I started having dreams of lanes and lines. But I'll skip all the boring leading up to details, I've jabbered enough let's get to the meat.
For myself the bulk of this operation started the night before. I had to travel to Celina Ohio to pick up the last of the Sidney keys from Shawn Tingler (Tigerr73) and clear out the links of a very active resistance agent. With the help of Lori Watson (SubSpe) we cleared a majority of the towns around Celina that this agent regularly linked to and proceeded to clear out Celina Ohio in hopes that it would keep that agent busy during this operation. I would call it successful as the lane stayed clear throughout Sunday.
While in Celina and Spencerville Ohio I was informed of a large resistance OP in Indiana whose remaining links could compromise our lanes the following day. A couple strategic blockers and some of that OP was shut down, leaving our lanes clear. After some more house cleaning and key farming I finally made it home and managed an hour's sleep before the big day started.
---- Sunday
After last minute key distribution, the clearing crews started working around Fort Wayne about 1:30pm. Trying a slow and steady approach, may have worked or not lol. By 2:30pm we started seeing resistance activity around Fort Wayne, a couple blockers had gone up and the cat was out of the bag. With last minute help from Greg Hedington (Hedington) and Mark Goebel we fought the blockers the best we could. 3:00pm the res agent in Celina Oh threw a darn good blocker to Hamilton In. The throwing crew in Hicksville Oh made a mad dash to Hamilton to drop it but more blockers came out of Fort Wayne.
It was an amazing battle to CP! With 5 minutes to the 4pm CP we had noticed the lanes for the big field were clear (thanks to the Cleveland crew coming through and clearing Delphos!!) but the small field was still blocked. New plan. Throw big, drop, throw little, throw big.
Just in time 4 layers between Sidney Oh, Bryan Oh, and Macy In went up and hit CP with 3 more layers to follow!
We cleared the remaining Fort Wayne blockers under the big field. Dropped the big field and threw 11 smaller layers over Fort Wayne with 1 more big layer over it before getting shut down by an ENL agent in Ohio. We tried to recoup and throw more layers from Bryan but the Macy anchor was finally taken by the res. Pack it up guys let's go home!
The OP did not go as planned, but both fields did go up. 3 platinum badges and 1 onyx as well as 1.4mil mu to CP which recovered our cell from the Indy field the night before.
Success! Badges, CP, and my first OP!
Thank You All!
Stats:
Inside field (Hicksville OH, S. Whitley IN, Decatur IN)
11 layers
193k mu per
Total ~2.12 million MU
Outside Field (Bryan OH, Sidney OH, Macy IN)
8 layer
330k mu per
Total ~2.64 million MU
Total:
~1.2 million MU to CP
~4.6 million MU thrown
1 Onyx Illuminator
3 Platinum Illuminators
100 lessons learned
Operation Planning:
Jarome Allen
Ed Bihlajama (DraxEon)
Intel:
Jarome Allen
Bryan Philpot
Fielding Crew:
-Sidney Ohio
Rodney Martin (ActionRZ) - Onyx
Shawn Tingler (Tigerr73)
David Reynolds Jr (TheWrongFrog)
-Bryan Ohio
Dawn Philpot (Monkeyluv)
Jason Arango (SmokeysBack1)
Joshua Philpot (SmurfCleaner)
-Macy Indiana
James Papalia (Violentwaves142) - Platinum
-Hicksville Ohio
Trilliah Lightbringer (Trilliah) - Platinum
@Jaderaven70
-South Whitley Indiana
Suzi Rhee (squaresush) - Platinum
Clearing Crew
Andy Pohl (pohlaj)
Steve Ankeny (PBRSkidz)
Hoss Bosley (Hoss704)
Shanna Jenkins (Shaeleej)
Jarome Allen
Greg Hedington (Hedington)
Andrew P Balke (kalebwarden)
John Paff (Ecthaelion)
Lori Watson (SubSpe)
Mark Goebel (gobbler05161968)
Heather Chakakan (cleveland crew)
@poirot76 (cleveland crew)
@binksterboo76 (cleveland crew)
@nickner (cleveland crew)
Dave Crump (dcstang)
Nicole Jensen-Mix (Chemrebel)
@ZenDragon
EnergizerBunny - Rob Mann
Emily Cattin (cattinaround13)
Key Runs
James Papalia
Shawn Tingler
Jarome Allen
Special Thanks to:
Meg McKibben (Meggleiscious)
David Fidler II (DFII)
Bryttney Philpot (Youngblood47)
You guys have backed me, stood up for me, and supported me through my adventures. Thank you so much!
#SitRep #Ingress #Enlightened #BAF #FortWayneEnlightened Ingress Joe Philley
Improvise Adapt Overcome


Mind = blown. Thanks for the reshare!!!
ReplyDelete